Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've never had a blaa

• 20-02-2011 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Been living in Waterford since the summer, and leaving in a few weeks, and for some reason I've never had a blaa. Where in the city does the nicest blaas? And what would ya recomend? It's only right I have at least one before I go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Been living in Waterford since the summer, and leaving in a few weeks, and for some reason I've never had a blaa. Where in the city does the nicest blaas? And what would ya recomend? It's only right I have at least one before I go!

Hickeys Bakery on Barrack Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Luncheon Blaa all the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Hickeys Bakery on Barrack Street

Make sure you go there in the morning, if you leave it too late they'll be sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

floury or crusty, crusty all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I love them home made.. if you're interested i'll give you the recipe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

hickeys all the way-get a floury one and a crusty one and dig in- you'll be in heaven bai

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Make sure you go there in the morning, if you leave it too late they'll be sold out.
    I'd definitely do whatever someone called "BlaasForRafa" says!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Petrol station up by hillview gets lovely soft blaa. Nom nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

A blaa red lead and tayto crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Ardkeen do nice blaas

• Advertisement

When me father came down to Waterford first of all he was stationed in ferrybank for about 6 months. He was telling me that at munch time the other cops used to be asking him did he want a blaa. He never heard of one and didnt have a clue what they where so it took him about 6 months to ask them what it was. He didnt wanna be stupid asking because to him it was something weird but the lads where just acting normally known what blaa's where. Fecking plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Soft and floury is the way to go!

Soft and floury is the way to go!

to right. loves the soft flowery ones. if I get the crusty ones I just leave thm i the bag and punch them a few times. nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Crusty. Butter. Jam. Win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Freshways up by Hillview for soft blaas..

Havn't had a crusty one in ages..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Superquin

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DR Milly

Luncheon is a definite winner, but if you want to be naughty, a Sausage blaa is the way to go.

Get some good quality sausages like Superquins own or another good quality brand (Check ingredients for at least 70% meat content, otherwise your just getting all the gristle and rubbish in the sausage I try to get at least 80%)

Grill or fry, whichever you prefer. Cut in half length-ways and line up between the blaa. A dollop of Ketchup (red or brown, both are good) and your sorted.

Yum! Yum! Yum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

DR Milly wrote: »
    Luncheon is a definite winner, but if you want to be naughty, a Sausage blaa is the way to go.

Get some good quality sausages like Superquins own or another good quality brand (Check ingredients for at least 70% meat content, otherwise your just getting all the gristle and rubbish in the sausage I try to get at least 80%)

Grill or fry, whichever you prefer. Cut in half length-ways and line up between the blaa. A dollop of Ketchup (red or brown, both are good) and your sorted.

dont forget the ton of butter for the sausage to melt!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shebzy

crusty blaa with luncheon and a nice pint of ice cold milk happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

DR Milly wrote: »

Stick a slice of white pudding in there and you'll probably cum all over yourself its that tasty..

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »
    Stick a slice of white pudding in there and you'll probably cum all over yourself its that tasty..
    Hahahahahahahaha
    That doesn't actually sound that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

add a bit of black puddin and rasher and you'll come twice in one go

Gerard.C wrote: »

...and what kind of wanker lives in Waterford since last summer and doesn't have a blaa? Now you'll have one and go on off wherever yer goin and be achin for more FFS....LMFSAO

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

Everytime I'm in Waterford I eat blaas... I like the ones in Ardkeen, although I don't know what bakery they get them from (or if they bake them there). Super with salad when feeling healthy and with crisps when, um, not. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

seanybiker wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahaha
    That doesn't actually sound that bad.

Which part?? :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Aw man, now I want a feckin blaa! Im gonna get up early in the mornin and get a bloody bag of em, Luncheon, sausages, meanies..... It'll be epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I love them home made.. if you're interested i'll give you the recipe :D

tried the rescipie the wkend just gone that you gave me,,jeas they are the business :D

tried the rescipie the wkend just gone that you gave me,,jeas they are the business :D
    Give us the recipe. Imbalance whopper baker lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

sent it on to ya there boy,,thank asphixia for it ;)

• Advertisement

sent it on to ya there boy,,thank asphixia for it ;)

Jaysus can ya forward it on to the Yank over here? I'd piss meself to be able to make blaaas in NYC!

Advertisement