Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've never had a blaa

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

not a bother boy pm me ur email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Can you not put the recipe up here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

probaly best if asphixia puts up the rescipie,,it is hers at the end of the day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I'd love that recipe too if someone could send it on to me? feckin dyin for a blaa now!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I'm here salivating all over the keyboard lads!!

Soft floury blaa, loadsa butter, hash brown and pudding.

It's the feckin business!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just finished me soft floury Blaa with loads of butter. Non nom. Have a white beard now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

This thread was too much for me, I'm currently frying some sausages for a few sausage blaas...nom nom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Bumping this badboy for the recipe, don't leave us hanging here...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

longshanks wrote: »
    Bumping this badboy for the recipe, don't leave us hanging here...

Thanks Asphyxia and honeybadger. I am going to try them this weekend....I added the US eqivalent non-metric measurements too.

Enjoy, hope you like it. Makes 8 blaas.
    Ingredients
    500g/ 4 cups extra strong white flour, plus extra for dredging
    10g/ 1.6 tsp salt
    10g/ 3/4 tbsp butter
    10g/ 2.51 tsp active dried yeast
    10g/ 2.5 tsp sugar
    275g/ 9 oz water, lukewarm
    Method
    1. Dissolve yeast and sugar into water. Ensure that the water is warm, not cold or hot. Leave for 10 minutes. It should get nice and frothy, indicating that the yeast is alive and well.
    2. Sieve dry ingredients, introducing air.
    3. Rub butter and dry mixture together.
    4. Add wet to dry ingredients, mix until combined. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. It will go from rough to a little shiny
    5. Proof for 45 mins in a bowl covered in clingfilm in a warm part of your kitchen. Remove from the bowl and knock back, pushing the air out the dough. Rest for 15mins. (The short rest times gives the gluten time to relax, making shaping easier).
    6. Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
    7. Rest for 5mins, covered.
    8. Roll out to an round shape and place the balls side by side in a square baking dish (that has some flour on) to proof. Dredge with flour again .
    9. Final proofing for 50mins. Nearly there! Dredge with a little extra flour.
    10. Bake for 15-20mins at 210c/415f.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

Thanks for posting the recipe, Chelloveks!
    Now let's see how wrong I can get it ;) I'll post some photos of the results at some point (once everyone promises not to snigger!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Aarnikotka wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the recipe, Chelloveks!
    Now let's see how wrong I can get it ;) I'll post some photos of the results at some point (once everyone promises not to snigger!)

I was gonna make em just now but no fekkin yeast....oh well, theres always tomorrow...

Advertisement