Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coverup advice

Options
  • 20-02-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

hey all,

well story goes i got an impromptu tattoo when i was 16, i was drunk and just piucked the first thing i seen on the wall (a stupid red devil sticking its finger up) i know i know! its on my right shoulder, got it done in dragon back in the day.

but anyways, i have always talked about getting it covered up, im 28 now, the red is mostly faded but im just looking for advice on coverups, as i havent a clue to be honest.

are certain artists better at coverups? do i need to go with their design more or less, as in am i limited to what can be done?

gonna head to swords next week as its close enough to ask them, good idea?

cheers

rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jmcadublin

hi Rob,

Was in the same boat as yourself. Got a yellow duck in the mint when i was the same age. done as a bet. although it showed my personality at the time i grew out of it. i'm now 30. the best thing to do is have an idea of what you want for the new tattoo. i decided on a concept to reflect my wedding, was advised that the yellow wouldn't be an issue only the outline. don't know about red. get a tattoo that means something. pictures attached should show what can be achieved. hope t helps.

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cheers for reply, coverup looks well.

glad im not the only one that ended up with a very impromptu jobbie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

generally a cover up will have to be bigger and darker than the original tattoo. Keep this in mind when thinkin of what you want to cover it with.

Also have a look at the artist's portfolios on the top of this page to decide where you want to go based on the style you want to get done and the best at that particular design, don't go somewhere just based on how close it is to you. (this is in no way saying that the tattoo studio in swords is not good just that there might be better studios at the style you want).

Spend some time looking into designs and artists, you dont want to rush into this and want to get this one covered up too!

Advertisement