Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAM help

• 20-02-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anything to buying ram more than getting the correct type? i have ddr2 ram in my computer at the min, so I assume I get more of that! But is ddr2 ram all the same or is there any differences in types or anything? don't want to get something that doesn't work!

I ran a program called CPU-Z to check if my comp is x64 compatible, and it is. So thinking of getting another 2gig of ram to give me 4gig and upgrading to windows 7 x64.

This program says that my ram frequency is 332.5, do I need to get ram of that frequency? some stuff i saw was 800mhz.....

I have an intel core 2 duo @ 2.2 ghz.

ALso where's cheapest place to get ram? http://www.shop4memory.com?

THanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Go to crucial .com and run the scanner,it will tell you what ram you need,then you can buy it where you want.otherwise look in the SPD heading on cpuz

Advertisement