Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in International Business.

Options
  • 20-02-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Has anyone on here done International Business in DIT. The information provided on the DIT website is fairly limited. I believe theres a open night next week in DIT for postgrad courses but I'm looking for peoples personal opinions on this course. Just wondering what the lectures are like, stuff like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JRL

I did this course two(ish) years ago and my main gripe with this course was that it was incredibly poorly organised....... surprising for a business college I know....Throughout the course I found myself constantly frustrated, mostly just at little things, lectures, timings, communications.

The quality of the lectures was good to very good, most of the lecturers were fine....some eh...not so fine.

From Sept - Dec you'll be doing Lectures.....about 12 - 14 hrs a week...........I would tell you though if you've done a straight business degree before, you'll probably have covered most of the material.

The assignments were manageable but there was ALOT of parts to them with a great focus on groups and group work.......saying that though....it could of been alot worse......

Jan - End of Feb - Seminars with business people: Some seminars were good....some were incredibly boring...It all depends on your level of interest and the topic discussed. This only makes up about 6 - 8 hours a week.

Exams are in April.

May / June - You'll be mostly working on a consultancy project with a real company.

June / July / August - Thesis

Sep - Finish

....All in all....an alright course......if you look past the poor organisation you'll probably enjoy it. However, If your like me, and you get caught up on the little things....you'll get frustrated by it.

Send me a PM if you want to know anymore.

Advertisement