Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any indie clubs/bars to book for party

Options
  • 20-02-2011 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone

Its my 21st next month. I don't do the whole centre of attention thing so a sports club hall, 21 kisses and a giant cake are miles from what I want. I was planning on going for a drink and dance. I've been racking my brains thinking about where to go that has a dancefloor, has my kind of music and has an area to book (for free) for around 20+ people. I love Doyles but you can't book upstairs and downstairs is DULL

Any suggestions??
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Dublin City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Hi, Happy birthday!

you coult try The Grand Social, they let me reserve an area there about 4 years ago (when it was known as Pravda). They might not do that anymore but it's worth a try - I reserved space upstairs, and I think that's venue for gigs now, so you might be unlucky if there's an event on the same day. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Maybe give The Workman's club beside the Clarence Hotel a try. Its awfully Indie and completely different altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Grand Social is probly a good choice. Sweeneys is good spot but lacking a dance floor. the Oak is another good spot, doesn't kick off til late I think, but there's the pub upstairs there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 zooeylullabye

I don't really fancy the Grand Social, There isn't really a dance floor. Anyone know what the Garage Bar or Workmans club are like on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't really fancy the Grand Social, There isn't really a dance floor. Anyone know what the Garage Bar or Workmans club are like on a Saturday.

Pretty full. But if you get there early you can get a spot. I don't know if either of them will reserve an area - the Garage Bar is so small I doubt they would.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You can't reserve in Workman's either, there's no space. As said though if you head in early there'll probably be loads of seats upstairs or in the front bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

you could get a wee funky room OR the big blue bus in the Bernard Shaw:

http://m.bodytonicmusic.com/bernardshaw/story/24/#reserve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Bernard Shaw is disgusting though.

The Village allow you to book tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

What about the Globe? You have RíRá down stairs. Just get in early and get yourself a space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

nm wrote: »
    The Bernard Shaw is disgusting though.

The Village allow you to book tables.

you don't like the Shaw?:eek:

it has a rustic charm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Downstairs in Shebeen Chic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

it has a rustic charm!

Sure... rustic :p But I really love the place, so much!

It's a great venue, but you wouldn't find much indie music, they play a lot of hip hop, Baltimore and heavier beats in there, no?

They do however have the Craic Den Link that you can reserve and bring an iPod for your own tunes, or they can pump in the music from the bar. €50 for the night, can fit 40 people.

They have good deals on cocktails and vodka+Red Bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

could reserve the upstairs "vip" part of the academy for propaganda if thats the music youre into.

Advertisement