Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for bar/lounge person/s for my 40th Birthday

Options
  • 20-02-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone know where I could go to hire a bar person and lounge person for my 40th, snag is, it's this Saturday night 26th Feb. I do need someone with bit of bar experience and obviously would need a reference as they'd be in my home. Any thoughts appreciated. I'd tried some companies but they never even got back to me. Live in Dublin North by the way. ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved from F&D.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Are you in north city or north county?
    Have you tried asking in your local bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Ring your local and ask them to give you a barman &/or a server. TBH it'll cost you. I did it once a few years ago and I got my hourly rate for 5 hours. Be a lot cheaper and easier if you got a friend or workmate to do it. There's really nothing in it. Man the drinks counter and keep doing laps with the wine bottles. 1 person should be plenty, assuming that you have less than 50 people at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 21again

Have tried local bars in Swords and Malahide and even one in Skerries but no one available. There's about 50 coming so thought it would be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

21again wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could go to hire a bar person and lounge person for my 40th, snag is, it's this Saturday night 26th Feb. I do need someone with bit of bar experience and obviously would need a reference as they'd be in my home. Any thoughts appreciated. I'd tried some companies but they never even got back to me. Live in Dublin North by the way. ;)

Hi

My son could do that for you, Unemployed at the miniute due to redundancy. Good experience in bar work and hospitality dept.. (prev hotel manager ) hes in Swords.

PM me if you want further details

Donna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hey Donna, it's mentioned in the jobs thread that blue bar was looking for staff. Maybe it would suit your son? There is an email address on the thread.

Advertisement