Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

most excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Talk about a phenomenal gig. It surpassed my expectations. Everything was so so good.

Obviously I went in looking forward to the excessive pyrotechnics, and it made me underestimate how good the stage and lightshow would be. The sound as well was fantastic I thought.
    I was right at the small stage, so when they went down there I was a meter or two away. So f*cking cool. Till coming all over me during Buch Dich is a gig experience I will never forget :D

Absolutely awesome gig. 10/10 from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Same as, well worth the money. I didn't really know what to expect but some of the stuff they pulled just blew me away, especially Buch Dich.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭maidhc

Was at the 02 last night as well. Bloody unbelievable show. Last time I was at the 02 was 3 years ago to see Dylan muddle his was through his set. This concert was cheaper, the music was better and eating fire beats a mouthorgan anyday.

Best concert I have ever been at and great value for money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Talk about a phenomenal gig. It surpassed my expectations. Everything was so so good.

Obviously I went in looking forward to the excessive pyrotechnics, and it made me underestimate how good the stage and lightshow would be. The sound as well was fantastic I thought.
    I was right at the small stage, so when they went down there I was a meter or two away. So f*cking cool. Till coming all over me during Buch Dich is a gig experience I will never forget :D

Absolutely awesome gig. 10/10 from me.

You were within a few feet from where i was standing. Perfect sound and vision there,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Absolutely stunning.
    My fourth time to see them but this was definately the best gig by far, the stage show was amazing, well worth the ticket price.

I am glad I didnt read the setlists or watch videos of previous gigs on this tour as nothing was spoiled for me.

Still buzzing today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is there any point in doing a Gig of the year poll in December?

Surely no gig can surpass that.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It sure will take a lot to surpass it alright - it was all kinds of ****ing awesome.

Thought the day would never come when I bought the tickets, now it's gone. :( I needs me a time machine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Des wrote: »
    I'm going by myself, are you doing anything beforehand?

Sorry Des, only saw this comment this morning.
    We were in the Gibson hotel bar across from the O2 lubricating our tonsils in prep for the singing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

What a great night - top show and the crowd seemed well into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Is it just me or does anyone think it went VERY fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

To put it quite simply: that is an experience I will never forget, absolutely amazing! I still cannot describe how awesome it was! :D First time seeing them live, bought the tickets the morning they were released, as I knew this would be something else, something special.

The pic I liked most from the few I took, during Du Hast, sums it up for me:

Image513a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Outstanding gig. It's easily one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to in my life. The stageshow was phemoninal and even where I was I could still feel the heat from the pyro! Worth every penny of the ticket price. I can't even pick my favourite moment, there was so many. Only Rammstein could start a gig with the potential to burn the house down and be having a foam party by the end of it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Loved it when the keyboardist got in an inflatable boat and surfed through the crowd! Awesome! My favorite moment had to be this, tho:
    :D Oh, Till, you crazy bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

EVQ5Z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Dunno - i loved Rammstein, but was really disappointed with the O2, it seemed really small, especially the standing area, but also the amount of scumbags being dicks.

We went to see Rammstein in the O2 in Berlin and it was immeasurably better, maybe it was the older crowd, the fewer drunken bums or fewer losers standing directly in front of me recording the whole show on their crappy phones.

Don't get me wrong, the band rocked, but i would normally go to smaller venues - Vicar Street, Whelans etc. - and i put off going to the O2 for a long time, and i won't be going back again.

(Also, liters of Becks being €8 in Berlin O2, instead of 0.4 liters of Carlsberg at €6 in Dublin didn't help)

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Renn wrote: »
    Pussy was last :)
    Had to go home before they played Pussy due to the fact that my Doc Martins were filling with blood and I had a bus to catch. :/
    Brilliant show all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Am I the only one to think tills cum during buck dich smelled and tasted like sambuca? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Am I the only one to think tills cum during buck dich smelled and tasted like sambuca? Haha

From what I know, he used use Pernod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

That show left me extremely gruntled.

What I liked most were the crowd, who were a big mix of nationalities and seemed out to have a good time from the get-go. We were in row Z or someplace, yet everyone was standing from the start and never sat down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm going back to Wales tomorrow for a few days, comin back on Friday, been arranged for a few weeks, after seein that gig i'll be makin the short trip up to Manchester on Thursday night and will be goin through it all again :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Greatest show I have ever been at!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It's quite worrying that you were trying to taste his cum!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

I was standing just in the right of Links' photo.
    Absolutely incredible. I loved every second of it.
    Best gig I've ever been to hands down.
    Been raving on about it all day!

Shameless plug:
    Gonna be talking about it on my radio show tomorrow at half 5 if you're interested, http://www.facebook.com/schoolofmetalstudies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've seen a lot of shows since I started attending gigs about 12 years ago, but I've never seen anything like that!! Completely blown away! I'd go again in a heartbeat.

So that's Rammstein, Lordi, and Kiss down. If I can just get to see a Gwar show before I die, I'll be a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Great show, buzzing all day. Missed Flake on the inflatable but won't worry 'bout that. The only criticism I'd have is I'd have liked a bit more clarity with the vocals but that's only a minor gripe! Just a fantastic show, the crowd were brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drpm_99

Does anyone know the name of the song/music that was played while they were setting up for the second stage? It seemed just instrumental...I know its a dumb question, but Im only a recent convert to Rammstein...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

Seems like everyone feels the same after last night. I have not stopped thinking about it all day and telling anyone who'll listen! LOL! It was perfect! I was front row, and got one of those stickers too. But it's on my car :D
    I thought I'd be leaving without my eyebrows, but surprisingly they are still intact. That was some luck :rolleyes:
    What a night. It will never be topped!

Advertisement