Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Am I the only one to think tills cum during buck dich smelled and tasted like sambuca? Haha
    Read on wiki that it's apparently watered down Pernod.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

drpm_99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song/music that was played while they were setting up for the second stage? It seemed just instrumental...I know its a dumb question, but Im only a recent convert to Rammstein...
    Could have been Ohne Dich, I dont actually remember if they played it last night tbh! That, or Mutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Could have been Ohne Dich, I dont actually remember if they played it last night tbh! That, or Mutter.

They played both of those last night. There was definitely a light version of Ohne Dich playing over the speakers as people were leaving after the show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drpm_99

I don't think its either of those (unless its some obscure remix of one of them), I just remembered, it was played while they crawled across the bridge, if that helps

drpm_99 wrote: »
    I don't think its either of those (unless its some obscure remix of one of them), I just remembered, it was played while they crawled across the bridge, if that helps

Ah, I get ya know. I didn't regonize that tune myself either.

• Advertisement

Just found it...using my own search terms in Youtube (Im having a slow deaf day) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcdEzxtKFgE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

Were you asleep? :rolleyes: How could you miss those?!?!
    Yeah Ohne Diche was instrumental whilst they were packing up alright.
    I'd love to see Ich Tu Dir Weh and Strib Nicht Vor Mir. I guess I'll have to keep going until they play those fer me!

Thanks a million for the help and suggestions - it seems like its Buck Dich

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's actually a song that Richard (believe it or not) did up himself.

It's a newer version of what they called "Bück Dich Bridge"

If you check out Live At the Maxx, Amsterdam 1997, you can hear the old version of this, again on the Bück Dich track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Had the best time at this! Will most likely try and catch them again before the tour ends.

Am I the only one who thought Deathstars were awful?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

Well they looked awful anyways. And all their songs sounded the same. Aside from the last one. But that might be because I looked them up and listened to a few tracks before the gig and thought that one [Death Dies Hard] wasn't half bad. Dunno. But being fair. They do have talent. You wouldn't find anything like that in a local pub!

Had the best time at this! Will most likely try and catch them again before the tour ends.

Am I the only one who thought Deathstars were awful?

I was just disappointed that Darth Vader wasn't their lead singer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

Awesome show from an amazing band. If they had played here two nights, I would easily have bought another set of tickets to see them again :D

Damn glad I brought my ER20 ear plugs along!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

deathrider wrote: »
    They played both of those last night. There was definitely a light version of Ohne Dich playing over the speakers as people were leaving after the show too.
    Wasnt sure if had heard it or not...glad it was! Definitely knew Mutter played, it's such a great song :)

Chavez: see above :) It would have been nice to hear Ich Tu Dir Weh, and possibly Weidmann's Heil...but what can you take out of last night's set? Amerika would have been the one from last night anyway.

I had heard Deathstars were, in a mate's eyes and ears "shite". Not the first person to say it either, so I'm glad I turned up once they had finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

and possibly Weidmann's Heil...

You can take my word for it that Weidmann's Heil makes an excellent ring tone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Degag wrote: »
    Am I the only one to think tills cum during buck dich smelled and tasted like sambuca? Haha
    It's quite worrying that you were trying to taste his cum!

It's Till, it's weird that you werent trying to taste it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah, I though deathstars were rubbish. It's a pity oomph weren't supporting, that would have been awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

missed deathstars in birmingham,and didnt bother looking em up till now.
    on cd they aint too bad,they dont sound great live at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Wasnt sure if had heard it or not...glad it was! Definitely knew Mutter played, it's such a great song :)

Chavez: see above :) It would have been nice to hear Ich Tu Dir Weh, and possibly Weidmann's Heil...but what can you take out of last night's set? Amerika would have been the one from last night anyway.

I had heard Deathstars were, in a mate's eyes and ears "shite". Not the first person to say it either, so I'm glad I turned up once they had finished.

Only 2 songs I wished I'd heard were "Rammstein" and "Klavier".

Though hearing mutter was a surprise, such an epic song.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It was a very mixed crowd at the gig i thought. Not just the usual Metal crowd but a wide mix of people and from all over Europe too. Went out for a smoke just before they hit the stage and i couldn't move for the amount of Germans that were outside. Props also to the 2 women dressed up as snow white!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Only 2 songs I wished I'd heard were "Rammstein" and "Klavier".

Though hearing mutter was a surprise, such an epic song.

I was full sure that when the huge fan came down that they were going to play Rammstein. Instead it was the anthem that is Mein Herz Brennt!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Degag wrote: »
    It's quite worrying that you were trying to taste his cum!

It's Till, it's weird that you werent trying to taste it!!!!
    I wasn't there, which i'm regretting more and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I was full sure that when the huge fan came down that they were going to play Rammstein. Instead it was the anthem that is Mein Herz Brennt!

Yeah that was brilliant.

Whatever about them on DVD and CD, they really are a band that has to be seen live. When Sonne kicked in, I though the roof was about to fall through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

unkel wrote: »
    and possibly Weidmann's Heil...

You can take my word for it that Weidmann's Heil makes an excellent ring tone :D
    It makes an even better alarm!

I've been waiting for that for over 14 years, absolutely amazing! It will literally take an Irish (rugby) world cup victory, marriage/engagement or the birth of a child to surpass it!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Epic is really too small a word for that gig. I've seen all the DVD's and plenty of stuff on Youtube but nothing really prepares you for the intensity (or the physical heat) of the real thing live!!!

Check out these amazing photos by Peter Neill

screenshot20120229at112.png

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.256331654448565.61642.126179450797120&type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 72,535 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Reading this thread has only increased my excitement for Manchester tomorrow night! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Reading this thread has only increased my excitement for Manchester tomorrow night! :D:D

Snap, i'm gettin the ferry over to wales at 2, gonna head down to manchester 2moz wit a few mates who were already goin.

What part of Wales you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Witchy.ie

Absolutely stunning gig in Dublin on Monday night, everytime I thought I couldn't be blown away any further I was blown away again. My hearing is slowly returning although I'm not so sure about my eyebrows or my voice for that matter. Hard to pick a highlight amongst soo many highlights but Mein Herz Brennt was a standout for me when Till pulled the red heart-light from his chest and it burst into flames at the end of the song bridge sent shivers up my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

My highlight was definitely Du Hast, I wasn't expecting them to do the flare gun thing at all.

Although Ohne Dich is still my favourite song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Witchy.ie

titan18 wrote: »
    My highlight was definitely Du Hast, I wasn't expecting them to do the flare gun thing at all.

Although Ohne Dich is still my favourite song

Yes, Du Hast was amazing, it's incredible when 15,000 voices roar together. I saw the guide wires before the gig started and wondered but then thought nah indoor gig they wouldn't be allowed.....haha was I happy to be wrong. Ohne Dich is an epic song but sadly from where I was on the balcony the small stage wasn't visible at all so I missed seeing it and the antics for Mann Gegen Mann, and Buch Dich

Advertisement