Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 moles92

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i was waiting 10 years to see rammstein live and they surpassed everything i could have hoped for. right at the front center and getting squashed to pieces was worth every minute, from the first blast of sonne to getting covered in foam at the end for pussy, its something i will never forget, no other live band can match that experience. now i just have to wait till i get to see them again.

also why do so many people pay 70 euro to watch the band through the screen of their phone/camera :/ surely the dvd would be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I don't get why people have a problem with others recording parts of the show as a memento. They're not doing any harm and if it's upsetting you, move to somewhere else. Everyone is there to enjoy themselves and if people want to record some of the gig, let them.

It's not as though Rammstein's show is the same as any other gig. A lot of people want to remember what they saw and show others what they saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

Agreed with the above. I didn't record anything because I was too busy drooling. But I stole all of my mate's stuff and put it on my external hard drive and was sure glad he'd gotten pic's and vid's! It's nice to have things like that. It's kinda special to have it actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

A person asked me to put my hands down because they were recording. I told them to fu*k off. I don't care about people recording/taking pictures but don't try wreck my experience because of it.

• Advertisement

A person asked me to put my hands down because they were recording. I told them to fu*k off. I don't care about people recording/taking pictures but don't try wreck my experience because of it.

I agree with this too, it works both ways.

i dont have a problem with it, i just think its pretty pointless staring at the concert through a screen. granted people want to take something away from the gig but i was at the front and seen some people looking at the whole thing through their phone, obviously to enjoy it later but why not enjoy it at the time when its 15 feet away from you in the flesh. its all personal opinion and preference anyway really :)

feeling a little deflated and down after the concert, seeing something so great and then...nothing :( anyone else get this lol..??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Witchy.ie

feeling a little deflated and down after the concert, seeing something so great and then...nothing :( anyone else get this lol..??

Yeah me too. But YouTube is your friend for at least in part, reliving an amazing night and of course theres always the amazing Volkerball DVD. I've been waiting years as well. I was meant to go to Paris last year to see them but got pneumonia the day before I was supposed to fly out.

i dont have a problem with it, i just think its pretty pointless staring at the concert through a screen. granted people want to take something away from the gig but i was at the front and seen some people looking at the whole thing through their phone, obviously to enjoy it later but why not enjoy it at the time when its 15 feet away from you in the flesh. its all personal opinion and preference anyway really :)

I was right at the front too and I was recording every so often. I recorded the whole entry right up until Till said "Eins" because I wanted to enjoy the music. I only recorded parts where they weren't playing.

Till got on the foam dickah right in front of me, so close that I reached out and touched his leg :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

this guys channel on Youtube has great videos. InnocentSmiley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

OT, but I've just been listening to Roter Sand (the normal and the orchestral version) on a loop - what a great song!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

I don't get why people have a problem with others recording parts of the show as a memento. They're not doing any harm and if it's upsetting you, move to somewhere else. Everyone is there to enjoy themselves and if people want to record some of the gig, let them.

The thing is that there's loads of people recording throughout the whole gig so there's no point in moving. They are doing harm - a good chunk of my view was taken up by people just holding their crappy little phones/cameras up high. Just leave it to the professionals.
    A lot of people want to remember what they saw and show others what they saw.

Haha. They don't even see the gig for the most part as they're looking at it through their phone. So they end up with footage of something they haven't even seen themselves. It's incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just sat watchin deathstars in Manchester and theyre goin down well!!!!

Paid £40 for 2 seats from a tout, they cant get rid of them and seats are near stage :D

Cant wait........again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

scudzilla wrote: »

Paid £40 for 2 seats from a tout, they cant get rid of them and seats are near stage :D

Cant wait........again

you lucky lucky bastard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

scudzilla wrote: »

Cant wait........again

Do you even have any hair left to burn off your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't get why people have a problem with others recording parts of the show as a memento.

I didn't record anything myself. But others filming didn't bother me at all. In fact I'll go one step further. When I came home just after midnight there were 2 vids on youtube already. One of them was this one (look at the date - uploaded within an hour of the end of the concert!)

See the tall bold fella standing up at 2:27? That's my best mate. I'm beside him on the left getting up one second later. You can just about make out the green and red check shirt I was wearing :)

Didn't sit down again after that :D

unkel wrote: »
    Didn't sit down again after that :D

You're an asshole you know that?!

I watched that video and then watched a few more and I'm now depressed :(

I love the Bück Dich intro!! Especially since it's an updated version and mixture of the one they used in the 90's e.g. Live at the Maxx, Amsterdam and Live Aus Berlin:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't worry bout it guys, they had 6,000 more but ya pissed all over them.

Another great gig by the band but the crowd wasnt knowhere as good as Monday.

That is not on the Live aus Berlin DVD that I have :D

It must have been the mother of all concerts. Nearly 14 years ago. Wish I had been there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Dunno, their show has come on so much since the 90s that I don't mind that I only got to see them the other night for the first time. Well worth the wait.

• Advertisement

this concert has ruined me, i listen to the playlist i made of the setlist walking home from college and immediately get depressed lol!!! suppose its too early to speculate on the next tour is it.? haha :D

suppose its too early to speculate on the next tour is it.? haha :D

It is a bit worse than that :(

The current European tour is ending in the next few days and then there is the US tour. I would not be surprised if the US tour ended with the last ever Rammstein concert :(

That is not on the Live aus Berlin DVD that I have :D

It must have been the mother of all concerts. Nearly 14 years ago. Wish I had been there...

Nor is it on the copy I have ;)

The current European tour is ending in the next few days and then there is the US tour. I would not be surprised if the US tour ended with the last ever Rammstein concert :(

Whisht up you doomsayer and read my PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,535 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Last night's gig was absolutely fantastic! Guy sitting a few rows in front of me bought his son who couldn't have been more than 6/7 years old.

Needless to say, they left before 'Buch Dich'!

Nor is it on the copy I have ;)

Whisht up you doomsayer and read my PM!

what do you know!?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

I wouldn't be surprised if they called it a day in the near fture, but I can't see them having their last shows in the US. Once this European leg is over I'll be checking their web site daily for an announcement of some big outdoor shows in Germany, maybe finishing up at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

D.Q wrote: »

I wanna know what you know

D.Q wrote: »
    I wanna know what you know

;)

they are playing again this weekend!? our original tickets are still valid?? Yes! youve made my day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Currently going through all the youtube videos trying to get the best quality ones so I can hopefully put together a decent compilation dvd of the whole gig. Will update on how I get on with it!

Advertisement