Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

D.Q wrote: »
    they are playing again this weekend!? our original tickets are still valid?? Yes! youve made my day!

what? They are playing here again?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

DrumSteve wrote: »

DQ got all that out of my ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

DrumSteve wrote: »
    yeah they're playin at the tractor rally in athy..

yeah they're playin at the tractor rally in athy..

I also heard they'll be playing main stage at the ploughing championships :pac:

I also heard they'll be playing main stage at the ploughing championships :pac:

Off to athy I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Why do people think this is going to be their last tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Degag wrote: »
    Why do people think this is going to be their last tour?

Till stated in an interview some years back that he wanted to retire at 50 to spend more time with his family. He is 49 at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

And it's a Greatest Hits tour ... they are the kind of band (IMO) who would bow out on a Greatest Hits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I think I read somewhere as well that Till wants to retire when he's 50. And he's 49 now, so I definitely think this could be their swansong. Just so glad I got to see them before it happens.

Seriously though.....yes they are confirmed for Navan blue jeans festival this summer...

• Advertisement

For all of you saying that Till is going to retire - yes, he did say this but just check out what he and Ollie say in Mein Land - The Making Of video.

For all of you saying that Till is going to retire - yes, he did say this but just check out what he and Ollie say in Mein Land - The Making Of video.

That they'll never retire???

That they'll never retire???

Not never, but that they are going back into the studio after this tour ;)

anchorman-sequel-jump.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

ive been looking for that this morning since ye have been talking about them breaking up after this tour, couldnt remember where i seen it.!! i was quite happy once i seen that video a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Currently going through all the youtube videos trying to get the best quality ones so I can hopefully put together a decent bootleg dvd of the whole gig. Will update on how I get on with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VHdiUvnNdE&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Nice one Rory!

I contemplated trying to do a multicam mix of just one song using Youtube footage, but it's very time consuming so I'll have to wait until I have a few spare hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

You're an asshole you know that?!

I watched that video and then watched a few more and I'm now depressed :(

I love the Bück Dich intro!! Especially since it's an updated version and mixture of the one they used in the 90's e.g. Live at the Maxx, Amsterdam and Live Aus Berlin:

Lawsuit against Rammstein in Russia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWx1L_aE45E&feature=youtu.be

http://en.gazeta.ru/bears/2012/02/29/f_4016881.shtml
    Infamous 'anti-gay law' author wants to prosecute Rammstein

Milonov also said that in The USA, Rammstein had already been brought to court for the same lechery, receiving 6 months probation and $10,000 fine.
    Rammstein shows are rather brave, during their last concert on St. Valentine's day, the musicians imitated a sexual act between two men.

Irish Halo wrote: »
    And it's a Greatest Hits tour ... they are the kind of band (IMO) who would bow out on a Greatest Hits

http://www.welt.de/kultur/musik/article13767176/Rammstein-zelebriert-die-Selbstaufloesung.html

German news paper article speculating that this is the last tour:
    Indications mentioned:
    - Using death masks on the CD case of the best of album
    - Selling of old merchandising - "everything must go"
    - Special edition of the album in a metal coffin
    - using more fireworks and artificial blood than ever before...

I don't know what to think of it - perhaps one more album and one more tour and then it's over?
    Who knows?

Merowig wrote: »
    - Using death masks on the CD case of the best of album
    - Selling of old merchandising - "everything must go"
    - Special edition of the album in a metal coffin
    - using more fireworks and artificial blood than ever before...

People really do read too much into these things...

Death masks thing is just artwork, they're kind of hinting to the artwork for Sehnsucht.

The merchandise thing is because all of these songs are on Made in Germany. Every album they have released have had songs on which merchandise is based.

The special edition isn't even a coffin shape, it's a square box. Lots of special editions are packaged like this.

The reason for "more fireworks" is because they have had certain fireworks/flames etc. for the songs over the years. For instance, Till has used the fireworks bow at the start of Du Riechst So Gut for years. When they started touring, Till moved his arms in a circular motion with the fireworks for Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen.

The pyro is there to go with the songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just watch the making of Mein Land and you'll all agree with the MetzgerMeister.

I've just seen it myself. Doom says it all in the last minute or two. And he ends with this: "Ja, geht einfach immer weiter" :)

People really do read too much into these things...

I know and agree with that - people speculate for long about the bands future.

Would be a pitty - I want definetly see them again and it is really worth to travel for a gig as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,535 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'm guessing that when they eventually call it a day, their final gig will take place in Berlin.

Probably by a landmark such as the Reichstag or the Brandenburg Gate. Either way, I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm guessing that when they eventually call it a day, their final gig will take place in Berlin.

Probably by a landmark such as the Reichstag or the Brandenburg Gate. Either way, I'm there!

Hasselhoff supporting please god.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,535 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Hasselhoff supporting please god.

I'm sure the Hoff won't mind a little 'Buch Dich' :D:D

He'll be eating hamburgers off the floor after swallowing Tills load :D:D

Decent write-up of the Dublin show here

unkel wrote: »
    Decent write-up of the Dublin show here

Good review, thanks man! Pity how it says in the footnotes that any mention of Deathstars had to be edited out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Probably for the best since they were abysmal.

• Advertisement

Renn wrote: »
    Probably for the best since they were abysmal.

I think you'd have to know their stuff quite well to "get" them. I did and they weren't half bad!

The best thing the singer said was "YOU ARE HERE FOR THE GERMANS" :D

Advertisement