Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Changed my alarm to this:

And forgot...queue me ****ting myself this morning when this starts playing and waking me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That'll wake you up alright :D

Great song and underrated. I've always found it a bit embarrassing / cringeworthy that Till pronounces the V in Vamos as a V though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

unkel wrote: »
    That'll wake you up alright :D

Great song and underrated. I've always found it a bit embarrassing / cringeworthy that Till pronounces the V in Vamos as a V though :(

That's nothing compared to the embarrassment I feel every time I remember that Stirb Nicht Vor Mir is a Rammstein song :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

That's nothing compared to the embarrassment I feel every time I remember that Stirb Nicht Vor Mir is a Rammstein song :eek:

I actually like this song ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not had chance to actually sit down and write about last week yet so here goes.

I was lucky enough to go to see them in Dublin and Manchester, the Manchester one wasn't planned, i was over in North Wales Wed-Fri so thought i may as well make the short trek up to Manchester and take my 18yr old daughter, my wife didn't wanna come as the Dublin gig was perfect in her eyes and she didn't wanna ruin it.

The Dublin gig, from my point of view was much much better, for the following reasons.

1. I didn't know what to expect and was suprised at nearly everything.
    2. The audience at Dublin was much better (and twice as loud), even though Manchester had approx 6,000 more people!!
    3. I'd had a few beers before Dublin and got right to the face melting front.
    4. The 6month+ anticipation of the gig

Went to Manchester without a ticket and picked up 2 from the touts at 7pm, paid £20 each, and were sat on back row, lower tier (Block 114), this was right next to the stage, The band walked out from the entrance about 8 seats from us :D:D

Touts just couldn't shift the tickets, i knew that probably would be the case as it's a huge arena and they were playing a full UK arena tour.

Merchandise was a bit of an odd one, 've been to many gigs boths sides of the Irish Sea and always found the merch to be more expensive over here, not the case last week.

In Dublin i picked up a tour ****, wit the dates on the back, for 30Euro, In Manchester the same shirt was £30 (36Euro), was £15 to park at the Arena!

Setlist was, as far as i can remember, identical.

Deathstars seemed to go down pretty well in Manchester and there sound was spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Renn wrote: »
    Probably for the best since they were abysmal.

I gave Deathstars a listen prior to the gig and didn't really think much of them. I didn't even think I would get out of the pub fast enough to see them on the night but amazingly I got there in time.

I thought they put in a good performance, given the task of supporting the mighty Rammstein. Still not my cup of tea musically but in fairness they gave it socks!

And today is the one week anniversary of seeing Rammstein...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

And there was a fire in a restaurant named Bang.

http://www.thejournal.ie/fire-reported-at-bang-restaurant-374092-Mar2012/

Coincidence? I think not.

Dunno why you're so offended by it. Quite like it myself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Renn wrote: »
    Probably for the best since they were abysmal.

I have heard a lot worse than Deathstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,535 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not had chance to actually sit down and write about last week yet so here goes.

I was lucky enough to go to see them in Dublin and Manchester, the Manchester one wasn't planned, i was over in North Wales Wed-Fri so thought i may as well make the short trek up to Manchester and take my 18yr old daughter, my wife didn't wanna come as the Dublin gig was perfect in her eyes and she didn't wanna ruin it.

The Dublin gig, from my point of view was much much better, for the following reasons.

1. I didn't know what to expect and was suprised at nearly everything.
    2. The audience at Dublin was much better (and twice as loud), even though Manchester had approx 6,000 more people!!
    3. I'd had a few beers before Dublin and got right to the face melting front.
    4. The 6month+ anticipation of the gig

Went to Manchester without a ticket and picked up 2 from the touts at 7pm, paid £20 each, and were sat on back row, lower tier (Block 114), this was right next to the stage, The band walked out from the entrance about 8 seats from us :D:D

Touts just couldn't shift the tickets, i knew that probably would be the case as it's a huge arena and they were playing a full UK arena tour.

Merchandise was a bit of an odd one, 've been to many gigs boths sides of the Irish Sea and always found the merch to be more expensive over here, not the case last week.

In Dublin i picked up a tour ****, wit the dates on the back, for 30Euro, In Manchester the same shirt was £30 (36Euro), was £15 to park at the Arena!

Setlist was, as far as i can remember, identical.

Deathstars seemed to go down pretty well in Manchester and there sound was spot on.

I was surprised that the Manchester gig didn't sell out, considering Rammstein very rarely tour the UK. I was in the upper tier and there were several empty rows of seats.

• Advertisement

I was surprised that the Manchester gig didn't sell out, considering Rammstein very rarely tour the UK. I was in the upper tier and there were several empty rows of seats.

If they'd just played London, Manchester & Glasgow then it would have sold out, no bother at all, but it was a full UK tour.

The 2 nights after Manchester they played Sheffield (40miles away) and Nottingham (70miles away), if they hadn't been playing them 2 gigs people who went would have travelled to Manchester/London, ensuring the sell out.

That's why i knew i'd be able to buy a ticket from the touts and cheap too :D

Best vid for the intro/Sonne i have found so far, the sound is very very good

Great find man!

Another vid of him on youtube looks pretty decent (cough) too with Till on the dickah :D

Someone with some search & editing skills make us the bootleg we all crave, pretty please? befehl ich dir! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

Great find man!

Another vid of him on youtube looks pretty decent (cough) too with Till on the dickah :D

Someone with some search & editing skills make us the bootleg we all crave, pretty please? befehl ich dir! :cool:

Wouldn't mind if Deathstars is as well included ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great find man!

Working on it as we speak! If anyone has any pics from the gig, PM me and I'll see if I can throw together some box art/disc art also. Should get this finished by the end of the weekend!

Apologies for the double post, but here's a rough logo I threw together just now. The scale is a little off but I'll fix that later.

http://i42.tinypic.com/6ok0v9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Apologies for the double post, but here's a rough logo I threw together just now. The scale is a little off but I'll fix that later.

That's sweet man. Can't wait to see the final product!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Is there any reason why Dublin isnt capitalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Patricide wrote: »
    Is there any reason why Dublin isnt capitalised?
    It goes well with the "LIVE AUS...", in my opinion, that is just how the text is stylised. Technically all the letters are of the one case, just the L and the D extend upwards as they have pointed tips.

Seems trivial, but I was just answering under what I assumed Cherry Cola went by...

Working on it as we speak!!

Great! Looking forward to see it :)

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    It goes well with the "LIVE AUS...", in my opinion, that is just how the text is stylised. Technically all the letters are of the one case, just the L and the D extend upwards as they have pointed tips.

Seems trivial, but I was just answering under what I assumed Cherry Cola went by...

Yeah this is pretty much it in a nutshell. Printed it there earlier and it looks savage on glossy paper. Kept it fairly simple on the box art but it's effective I think.

Should hopefully have the whole thing finished tomorrow night all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Yeah this is pretty much it in a nutshell. Printed it there earlier and it looks savage on glossy paper. Kept it fairly simple on the box art but it's effective I think.

Sweet! And that youtube find on the last page is absolutely amazing! 1080p HD makes it seem so much more....just more :D I got shivers again watching it. I was down beside where they walked in at first, not too far from the second stage...loved that entrance, so atypical of a band!

Dibs on a copy. Thank you!

Working on it as we speak! If anyone has any pics from the gig, PM me and I'll see if I can throw together some box art/disc art also. Should get this finished by the end of the weekend!

How is this gonna work? Is it gonna be a hard copy (CD), i'd willingly pay for a copy

scudzilla wrote: »
    How is this gonna work? Is it gonna be a hard copy (CD), i'd willingly pay for a copy

If everyone PM's me their email address I'll pass details on that way with pics etc as this is a bit of a grey area and with Sherlock's new laws I wan't to be careful.

Should have pics of the finished project tonight.

I hope I'm not being pedantic, but I'm with Patricide on the capital D for Dublin. For any other band I wouldn't have minded, but one of the key characteristics / fundamentals of Rammstein is that they are very precise in the way they play their music and also in their lyrics. No errors, not even minor ones. Everything is thought through. I guess maybe it is one of the national characteristics / traits that make a German proud their country?

Would you reconsider putting in the capital D?

Well done BTW and thanks a million to getting this done. Can't wait to get my hands on one :D

I hope I'm not being pedantic, but I'm with Patricide on the capital D for Dublin. For any other band I wouldn't have minded, but one of the key characteristics / fundamentals of Rammstein is that they are very precise in the way they play their music and also in their lyrics. No errors, not even minor ones. Everything is thought through. I guess maybe it is one of the national characteristics / traits that make a German proud their country?

Would you reconsider putting in the capital D?

Well done BTW and thanks a million to getting this done. Can't wait to get my hands on one :D

Not true! Big Day Out 2001, during Weisses Fleisch, Till says "Weisses....." just before "Jetzt hast du angst und ich bin soweit"

How's that for pendantic? :p

They nearly took away his German citizenship over that :D

From a grammar point of view it should be a capital 'D', IMO though the lower case 'd' looks far better and more in theme wit the logo.

I'm not arsed about it though, Cherry is doing a great job and i'm not gonna be so pedantic as to moan about a letter!!

• Advertisement

Haha no worries lads, I'm a stickler for proper grammar/spelling myself so it even irks me slightly. I just thought it fit better.

I'll put together one with the capital D also and sure people can decide which they prefer. I just watched a test disc of it there earlier, it turned out way beyond my expectations :D.

Advertisement