Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Don't tease us, we can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Haha no worries lads, I'm a stickler for proper grammar/spelling myself so it even irks me slightly. I just thought it fit better.

I'll put together one with the capital D also and sure people can decide which they prefer. I just watched a test disc of it there earlier, it turned out way beyond my expectations :D.

im getting quite excited for this now :D i feel like im part of a secret club lol

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just fired out a quick email there with updated artwork. Revamped the back and added a capital D!

Had a quick look and spotted a couple of spelling errors, but I'm sure you've already fixed them :)

gud should be gut in "du riechst so gut"

buck dich should be bück dich

But I'm no expert. Maybe someone else could have a look too?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Well spotted unkel!! Had a look myself...

Wollt Ihr Das Bett in Flammen Sehen - from the pic it looks like WolltIhr

Du Riechst So Gut

Bück Dich - to get the ü, hold down Alt button and type 129 on the keypad

Ich Will - not ich weill - that translates as I becauseL :P

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Had a quick look and spotted a couple of spelling errors, but I'm sure you've already fixed them :)

gud should be gut in "du riechst so gut"

buck dich should be bück dich

But I'm no expert. Maybe someone else could have a look too?

I sure did. I just rushed those as a mock up to get an idea of what it looks like. All have been corrected now!

One other thing was the missing umlaut over the "u" in Buck Dich. Due to the font used I can't get that sorted without it throwing the whole thing off. I can look into using another font though to correct it? That will delay things slightly though.

The capital D was a fairly divisive issue so there are now two versions depending on which you prefer :D

I'll have an email out before 11 hopefully with more info and pictures. Just building the menu and burning the first full one now. Will add disc art also.

If you use the Reise Reise font HERE you can have the umlaut without throwing anything off ;)

If you use the Reise Reise font HERE you can have the umlaut without throwing anything off ;)

Brilliant, I'll swap that in and see how it looks. Should be fine though.

That will delay things slightly though

We'll try and be patient. It'll be worth it to get it right!

Wer wartet mit Besonnenheit
    Der wird belohnt zur rechten Zeit

(Rammlied)

It definitely will, took ages to compile and edit it all so would be a shame for a spelling error to bring it all down :p

Illustrator doesn't seem to like umlauts so I'll try and find a work around for it.

• Advertisement

It definitely will, took ages to compile and edit it all so would be a shame for a spelling error to bring it all down :p

Illustrator doesn't seem to like umlauts so I'll try and find a work around for it.

Try downloading MediaFace 1.2

It's ancient but I still use it and love it!

I'll give that a go if all else fails and see how I get on. Sending out an email in the next few minutes with new pictures/details.

Or you could make each copy special and do the umlaut with a marker :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Or use an image editor to manually put it in using paintbrush or something similar?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

That did cross my mind :pac:

It's just a problem as I was going to use the same font on the dvd menu itself so will have to find an alternative for that now. Should be fine though, I reckon I'll go with the Volkerball font on that.

That did cross my mind :pac:

It's just a problem as I was going to use the same font on the dvd menu itself so will have to find an alternative for that now. Should be fine though, I reckon I'll go with the Volkerball font on that.

Whatever you do, don't use the sehnsucht font :eek: lol

Oh that looks horrible. I might sneak in a limited edition Sensucht version for someone!

Ok so I've just sent of a fairly lengthy email with more details and updates and pics. It should be all sorted and finished by tomorrow afternoon. Just have to compile a menu and do some testing and tweek the artwork slightly.

It feels like a thesis :pac:

Where's the umlaut? :pac:

Where's the umlaut? :pac:

Ha those were printed beforehand, the final edition will have an umlaut whether it's by marker or other means :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What did I miss?

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    What did I miss?

Everything :P

It can't be good for you spending so much time in that basement! Wilkommen zurück in das licht!

Everything :P

It can't be good for you spending so much time in that basement! Wilkommen zurück in das licht!

I know man the darkness it kills my eyes.

Was only listening to that album this morning it really is brilliant; I actually wouldn't have minded hearing a few more tunes from that in Dublin!

Anyways, does someone have the show for download or some such tomfoolery?

Pm'd ya there DrumSteve.

Good news is that it's finally finished, umlauts and all! Will send out an email in the next half hour with pictures/screenshots of the full thing.

Sorry for the double post but an email has been sent out to everyone who inquired about the dvd.

If you didn't get one, pm me here for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Gotta say, the presentation is excellent. Looks really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 40 OpTiMuS Pr1mE

How can I get my hands on one ?? :)

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Gotta say, the presentation is excellent. Looks really nice

Thanks very much, I just wanted to keep it nice and simple. It's printed on really good paper too so it looks well.

I've PM'd you there Optimus.

Guess what I've just seen this morning :cool:

Everybody experience it again for themselves
    but Engel shows the crowd can be really pleased with themselves and Du Hast is unbelievable

Many, many thanks to Cherry_Cola!

Guess what I've just seen this morning :cool:

Everybody experience it again for themselves
    but Engel shows the crowd can be really pleased with themselves and Du Hast is unbelievable

Many, many thanks to Cherry_Cola!

You're very welcome.

I've finally caught up on the production side of things so if anyone wants to order, it'll be in the post asap.

• Advertisement

You're very welcome.

I've finally caught up on the production side of things so if anyone wants to order, it'll be in the post asap.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the packaging and layout, though I'm torn between getting the DVD or the CD (as at least I'll be able to listen to it out and about!)

Advertisement