Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jaysus that video gave me chills!

At the very start I thought it was going to be a song called "Spiel Mit Mein Teil" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

People suggesting it's a documentary of Rammsteins presence in Amerika as they spell it :). Can't imagine its a live DVD it shows MSG in that trailer and they last played there in 2010?

They have been talking about the MSG show coming out on DVD since they were touring LIFAD. That was long before the MIG tour when they played here and that was in 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Methinks I will be getting this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They have been talking about the MSG show coming out on DVD since they were touring LIFAD. That was long before the MIG tour when they played here and that was in 2012!

It's a fair point. But since they skipped Dublin in the lifad tour, it will be good to see the lifad songs in concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Documentary and the MSG show, according to Rolling Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 72,532 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Rammstein confirmed as the headline act for Friday night at next year's Download.

Rammstein confirmed as the headline act for Friday night at next year's Download.
    I'm sure they are delighted!

Remember Tills response last time they headlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i don;t give a flying f** what festivals they play s long as it's followed by a winter arena tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'm sure they are delighted!

Remember Tills response last time they headlined.

Was it a sarcastic response or a positive one? Can't tell for sure here :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Somnus wrote: »
    Was it a sarcastic response or a positive one? Can't tell for sure here :p

He said something along the lines of it only being a festival and not a moon landing :D.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    He said something along the lines of it only being a festival and not a moon landing :D.

That's been done...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

If you've been good this year, one for your letter to Santa:

Rammstein vinyl box

blastman wrote: »
    If you've been good this year, one for your letter to Santa:

Rammstein vinyl box

£240 !!!

I definitely haven't been THAT good this year!

£240 !!!

I definitely haven't been THAT good this year!

They'll be the new KISS at this rate.

It's an awful price to be asking! There's only one song I want from that whole thing and it's Los Full Band Version.

Slightly off-topic.

Just seen that Lindemann (Till and Peter Tatgren sideproject) has a new video.

Now I'm not a big fan of the album but have to give them credit for the seriously whacked out videos.

This, as you might imagine is NSFW:

https://vimeo.com/142008863

Can't check it as in work but if that's Fish On, it's been out ages :P

Can't check it as in work but if that's Fish On...

It is!
    ... it's been out ages :P

Sorry, my bad! :(

FYI, the full band version of Los is on YouTube. It's quite different to the one we know and with new lyrics added in.

Also from Affenknecht regarding the next release:

Flake commented the following about Rammstein’s new tour and album:

– As of now, the band is rehearsing and writing new material.

– They are considering not releasing a new record, but simply write new songs which will be released in some other form. According to Flake, releasing a full albums «isn’t what it used to be».

– Rammstein will only play festivals in 2016.

– Most likely, Rammstein will play some new songs during the next tour.

– If Rammstein decides not to release a complete album, they might consider to keep touring with their new songs.

This is only an excerpt from the magazine’s facebook site. The full interview is available in the latest issue, available in Berlin.

• Advertisement

– They are considering not releasing a new record, but simply write new songs which will be released in some other form. According to Flake, releasing a full albums «isn’t what it used to be».

Translation - there's not as much money in it as there used to be.

Translation - there's not as much money in it as there used to be.

True. The cost of producing an album for a band like Rammstein is huge. In this day and age 90% of people who hear it will be downloading it for free/illegally so they will be relying on ticket sales and merchandise to fund it.

They say they will only play festivals in 2016 therefore there won't be much by way of ticket sales for their own gigs.

According to interviews with Liam Howlett, The Prodigy are going down the road of EPs for future releases and won't be releasing albums again.

True. The cost of producing an album for a band like Rammstein is huge. In this day and age 90% of people who hear it will be downloading it for free/illegally so they will be relying on ticket sales and merchandise to fund it.

They say they will only play festivals in 2016 therefore there won't be much by way of ticket sales for their own gigs.

According to interviews with Liam Howlett, The Prodigy are going down the road of EPs for future releases and won't be releasing albums again.

Motley Crue said the same. So too did KISS, the later eventually changing their mind.

Production and distribution processes need to be overhauled too.

That's true.

They've done incredibly well out of me over the years with regards to the merchandise from rammsteinshop.com :pac: I even have an order on the way to me as we speak :D I'd love to see some past items make a comeback though like the Volkerball zip up jacket, Army green totenkopf longsleeve and the Live Aus Berlin t-shirt. I'm on my 7th weisses kreuz hoodie since 2004!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

'Ok guys, so we've done the sex toys thing, where do we go from here?'

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog/product_info.html?products_id=1391

This is how you advertise a bike:

Proper Feuerräder :D

Proper Feuerräder :D

Hopefully it doesn't rain, lest the rider suffer burns

:pac:

Give them some Feuerwasser vodka from the RammsteinShop!

In fairness, their shop is amazing. Wish I had seen this before my friend's birthday last month:

mail-anhang-28_140528143720.jpeg?w=360&fit=max&sharp=1

rammstein_94_back_150723172006.jpeg?w=360&fit=max&sharp=1

• Advertisement

Cool_CM wrote: »
    In fairness, their shop is amazing. Wish I had seen this before my friend's birthday last month:

mail-anhang-28_140528143720.jpeg?w=360&fit=max&sharp=1

rammstein_94_back_150723172006.jpeg?w=360&fit=max&sharp=1

Yes there's loads of nice goodies there. But shipping is crazy expensive as with many German stores.

Advertisement