Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd go but I hate the O2 with a passion. Also, come on, no chance I'm paying 60 euro.

That's your loss then, i've been to hundreds of gigs since the mid 80's and Rammstein 5 yrs ago in Birmingham is in the top 3, if ever a band was worthy of a 60euro ticket then it's these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'd go but I hate the O2 with a passion. Also, come on, no chance I'm paying 60 euro.

what's wrong with the o2? It's not often I hear people give out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

It's too big. If you're sitting on the balcony you're too far away. It's too warm during the summer.(I'd say about 40 people fainted at Maiden last year) Finally..... they sell popcorn and snacks of that ilk........ at metal concerts, unthinkable. This in particular annoys the hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's too big. If you're sitting on the balcony you're too far away. It's too warm during the summer.(I'd say about 40 people fainted at Maiden last year) Finally..... they sell popcorn and snacks of that ilk........ at metal concerts, unthinkable. This in particular annoys the hell out of me.

Get a standing ticket
    Rammstein are playing in February

That's two out of three gripes sorted straight away

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Get a standing ticket
    Rammstein are playing in February

That's two out of three gripes sorted straight away

Two out of four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Two out of four.

You only mentioned 3 ;)

Here's a 3rd solution - bring ham sandwiches so that you don't have to buy popcorn or "snacks of that ilk".

Remember, a lot more goes on in the O2 besides metal gigs!

I said it was too big as well, and it is, for metal shows anyway. Another problem I have is you have to share the Luas back with culchies and nordies who have nothing better to do but b**ch about how crap Dublin is. Not that I have a problem with either group but come on, you're in the capital show a bit of respect. For some reason culchies become weird when they reach the "big shmoke"

Back on topic, I tend not to eat at metal gigs, being a traditionalist and I would nearly start a fight with a f***er for eating a bucket of popcorn at a metal gig. It's unnatural and quite frankly unnerving. I know that other stuff goes on in the O2 but they could close the popcorn place for metal gigs. Or maybe they leave it open for profiling purposes.

Add the price of beer to the list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

you're right Shreddingblood, you should stay home that night, you'd not enjoy it.

I said it was too big as well, and it is, for metal shows anyway. Another problem I have is you have to share the Luas back with culchies and nordies who have nothing better to do but b**ch about how crap Dublin is. Not that I have a problem with either group but come on, you're in the capital show a bit of respect. For some reason culchies become weird when they reach the "big shmoke"

Back on topic, I tend not to eat at metal gigs, being a traditionalist and I would nearly start a fight with a f***er for eating a bucket of popcorn at a metal gig. It's unnatural and quite frankly unnerving. I know that other stuff goes on in the O2 but they could close the popcorn place for metal gigs. Or maybe they leave it open for profiling purposes.

Add the price of beer to the list too.

You won't be able to smoke your pipe in there either and you might get your foot broken if you wear your slippers :D

old gregg wrote: »
    you're right Shreddingblood, you should stay home that night, you'd not enjoy it.

You're right , I stay home, I stay home from gig. Maybe I read.

• Advertisement

You won't be able to smoke your pipe in there either and you might get your foot broken if you wear your slippers :D

Oh I'll be smoking my pipe , don't you worry.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Been to 2 gigs in the O2 (Rush and Roger Waters), don't think I saw a single person eating popcorn.

Both were fantastic shows in terms of sound and effects and can't wait to see what Rammstein will deliver there.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Been to 2 gigs in the O2 (Rush and Roger Waters), don't think I saw a single person eating popcorn.

Both were fantastic shows in terms of sound and effects and can't wait to see what Rammstein will deliver there.

Instead we might make our own popcorn by throwing kernels into the air during Feuer Frei!

Now that I would approve of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

FFS!!!! After Hours is there if ya want to have a bitch about culchies and Nordies...

would ya rather if the O2 was in Leitrim then so they'd love it and you wouldn't hear a bit of bitching at all ;) no doubt then you'd be bitching that it was ridiculous to put the O2 down in the middle of nowhere but anyways... if it was down the country you'd have the Dubs bitching that the countryside is ****e...

basically you don't like the O2 because

seats are too far away from stage
    they sell popcorn
    it's too warm
    culchies are nordies have to come to Dublin and they annoy you

seriously like... come on

Nope I'd actually like it if the midlands or border counties had a decent venue. It would create jobs and a bit of entertainment to a pretty much neglected region.
    Crap, off topic, Mein Herz Brent. That's better.

Nope I'd actually like it if the midlands or border counties had a decent venue. It would create jobs and a bit of entertainment to a pretty much neglected region.
    Crap, off topic, Mein Herz Brent. That's better.

My heart burns too from reading your posts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Got my standing tickets today.... Ticketmaster have some still available if anyone is looking for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Yep, just back from getting my standing ticket in Ticketb@stard, and saved myself 4 quid by not buying them online to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Tickets collected as of 10 mins ago :D

Lady at the desk said they still have lots of standing left btw :)

• Advertisement

Good news - Combichrist will NOT be on the Made in Germany tour. No support has been confirmed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

how cool would it be if oomph were supporting? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Links234 wrote: »

Who the fcuk are they???

I seen them around 6yrs ago and they never had a support so don't be disappointed if there isn't one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Links234 wrote: »

That would be deadly.

When I saw them in '05 Apocalyptica were supporting but I missed seeing them due to staying in a pub too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

scudzilla wrote: »
    Who the fcuk are they???

german band, kinda similar to rammstein but not as heavy. give them a listen, they're really good :)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Who the fcuk are they???

I seen them around 6yrs ago and they never had a support so don't be disappointed if there isn't one

They were one of the bands who started NDH in the late 80's. People say that Ruoska (Finnish Industrial band) copy Rammstein. If that's the case, Rammstein copied Oomph! Check out their songs Keine Luft Mehr and Augen Auf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

KMFDM or MegaHerz would be welcome support acts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Jako8 wrote: »
    MegaHerz :D

Ja herzlich willkommen

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nea wrote: »
    When I saw them in '05 Apocalyptica were supporting
    If they were supporting, it would probably be the most epic gig ever. Apocalyptica are insanely good live. :D

• Advertisement

Actually, I think Eisbrecher would be a much better support band. Megaherz kinda went downhill when Alexx left.

Advertisement