Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sat installer for Athenry needed, Timber framed house

• 20-02-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Some tool just landed onto the Sister's house 2 hours late in Athenry to install Freeview, drilled into the house and then realise he couldn't do the job due to it being timber framed, and buggered off leaving holes in the house recommending she get someone else to do the job.

Would any boardsie Sat tech be willing & capable to install for her?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Is Freeview available in Athenry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No. Athenry is in a special state of quantum flux, preventing Satellites from penetrating the time dialiation field created as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Sam the Aerialman

Some tool just landed onto the Sister's house 2 hours late in Athenry to install Freeview, drilled into the house and then realise he couldn't do the job due to it being timber framed, and buggered off leaving holes in the house recommending she get someone else to do the job.

I would get that looked at fairly quickly, timber framed buildings have a damp proof membrane or vapour barrier installed, if it's punctured the house is no longer water tight. He must of been an absolute muppet to begin drilling before accessing the job, Is there a solid roof over hang or a wall with a large cross member that would be a solid fixing point for a dish if not you will need to look at this before getting another installer.

No. Athenry is in a special state of quantum flux, preventing Satellites from penetrating the time dialiation field created as a result.

Thats right the Freeview signal don't come from a Satellite.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_%28UK%29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Freeview is not satellite, it is a Uk terrestrial system.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well done scaller. What a positive contribution to the thread, semantics. You obviously know the service I'm describing - I'm in the Sat forum asking about a free sat service, but decide to be a smart-ass and point out the correct name. A huge help there.

The problem is I'm in Cork, she's in Athenry, so I'm of no help to her. She's going to have to get the house sorted ASAP, as it's a mostly timber Scandanavian home and the exterior is plastered Masonite. Can't believe the guy was so idiotic - the house clearly looks timer styled, it's not your normal Irish house.

Would really appreciate if some boardsie installer in the Area could do the job - she's pretty down about the whole thing.

Well done scaller. What a positive contribution to the thread, semantics. You obviously know the service I'm describing - I'm in the Sat forum asking about a free sat service, but decide to be a smart-ass and point out the correct name. A huge help there.

Hold on there. I asked a simple question and you came back with the Smart Arse answer. And if thats your attitude then you wont get much help from the lads here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Huh?

My impression was it was you who was being a smart ass with the quantum flux stuff. Asking if Freeview is available in an area is a legitimate question is it not? Maybe the installer was equally confused who knows.

Just beacuse you are in the satellite forum means nothing about understanding your question, lots come on here aking questions about terrestrial services.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement