Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving away from an iPhone 3GS

Options
  • 20-02-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have an iphone 3GS (contract about to expire) that I really love, but I'm ready for a change... any recommendations?

A little more about my needs...

Smartphone
    Wifi
    Tethering (if possible)
    Apps (facebook, twitter, youtube, news sites etc)
    iPod
    Basic GPS

I'm fine with a 'bill' plan and open to any network.

Thanks in advance,

Shady

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Your "ipod" requirement kinda limits your choice. I assume you mean itunes compatibility? Some android phones actually offer this (moto milestone was one).

The rest of your requirements are generic, even cheapest android phone does all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Thanks Srsly

Maybe I should clarify my requirements a little more.

Ignore iPod - I mean MP3 player / Video player

I suppose what I'm really looking for is the best smartphone out there, with all the ''bells and whistles''. The only thing that would really annoy me is a slow response / unresponsive screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

The HTC Desire HD looks cool - anyone got one?

Ok, I got thdesire HD at the weekend and I'm very impressed. Huge screen, responsive, does everything i need. Couldn't ask for more. I will be selling my 3gs on adverts if anyone is interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

oakshade wrote: »
    Ok, I got thdesire HD at the weekend and I'm very impressed. Huge screen, responsive, does everything i need. Couldn't ask for more. I will be selling my 3gs on adverts if anyone is interested?
    How much are you looking for?

How much are you looking for?

Can get 230 on envirofone so any decent offers above that considered. It's in very good condition, original packaging and accessories.

PS, its the 16gb

oakshade wrote: »
    Can get 230 on envirofone so any decent offers above that considered. It's in very good condition, original packaging and accessories.

PS, its the 16gb
    No thanks, iPad is going for that second hand on adverts since the announcement the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

No thanks, iPad is going for that second hand on adverts since the announcement the other day

Op is selling an iPhone not an iPad.

I know that you bell-end, I was just pointing out what I will buy instead with my money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I know that you bell-end, I was just pointing out what I will buy instead with my money

Who cares what you will buy. This is not a buy/ sell thread, go to adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

A 16gb iphone costs more than a 16gb ipad new so your point makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

I'd say go for android!

I have just come off a 3gs and have got a nexus. Only have it 2 days but from what I've experienced I love it!

Advertisement