Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What if Facebook (or other social media) shutdown permanently?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SisterBliss

People aka 'friends' might pick up the phone and even meet up in the flesh again... Nosy individuals would find themselves with time on their hands...
    The juvenile popularity contest would stop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

If Facebook shutdown:
    • No more seeing people's stupid status which makes me question their intelligence. People who copy and paste those wild accusations, philosophical quotes masqueraded as their own, pure racial ignorance and bullshìt "facts" just make my jaw drop.
    • No more requests for stupid games and quizzes.
    • No more having my face wind up online from an obscure photo I've no recollection of.
    • No more awkward friend requests from people I utterly despise or friends getting thick at me for not adding them...........as a friend.........fùck off, I'm talking to you as a friend right now, aren't I?

It has it's advantages of keeping in touch with old friends but the above shìte leaves me indifferent to Facebook that I don't bother with it anymore unless I get an E-mail from someone who contacted me.

Couldn't care less if the fùckin' thing exploded tomorrow, people had a life before it and they sure as shìt will just latch onto the next "social" horseshìt that'll rear it's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jazzyjayplp

i would be pissed iv moved country nd would have to pay to chat to my mates not cool :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Adamantium wrote: »
    What effect would there be? Would camera maufacturer sales go down, telelphone bills soar, E-mail back in mainstream usage? Workplace productivity?

Its so utterly widespread(600 million) and ingrained into our mindsets so there would have to some major ruckus!
    Frankly it would be hilarious and interesting to see how certain people adjust!

I didnt realise email was a niche market now?

This post is typical of facebook users tbh..it's not the be all and end all of life as we know it! Its not like there are no other ways to keep in touch with people :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Facewhat?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Well it would stop nosey people looking around on people's pages to see what there up to, i know one or two people like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I'd tell friends & family to just go back to useing livejournal and flickr and if they didnt' use them before to start using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If social media shut down then I would be out of a job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Only use it to talk to people I see on a regular basis when I've no credit etc so wouldn't be a problem for me. Wouldn't mind seeing less of peoples babies/pets/cars/holiday pics either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Do you know what, it be no harm if it did happen, go back 10 or 15 years ago we were doing ok without social networking sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Squirm

'Poking' people would likely get you into more trouble (and be a lot more fun, depending on the circumstances...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭loveacca

People might actually talk to each other over coffee and get back into the beautiful hobby of reading books :eek::eek:

At a concert recently and a few people in front of me spent their tweeting, I'm sure they missed the actual buzz of being there

Advertisement