Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washed brushes water disposal?

• 20-02-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am planning on painting a few of our rooms with water based paint. Part of the clean-up process is to wash the brushes with soapy water. All this is fine, my question is what to I do with the waste water from this? (i.e. the water that now contains the paint from the brushes/roller)

I've searched a good bit and there's plenty on taking old paint to bring centres, but I cannot find what to do with this water.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

In the vast majority of cases it goes down the drain. You could leave it in an open tub, allow the water to eventually evaporate then bring the sludge to a recycling centre. Water-based paint is not considered hazardous waste afaik.

Advertisement