Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building up

Options
  • 20-02-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

well guys Im really trying to get a good build at the moment and I might get a bit of criticism for saying this but I like the look of the abercrombie male model look and would love to achieve that build. I came across this website and was wondering if the program given is effective here is the link:

http://www.abercrombieworkout.com/abercrombie-model-workout-overview.html

I would love to here from anyone that really knows about this sort of stuff. Plus I would also like to know if the supplements mentioned in it are safe with know serious side-effects for example it mentions whey protein which I heard is grand but it also mentions BSN NO Explode and AST Multi Pro 32X which I have never heard of.

Just to let you guys know as well Im 20 and 11 stone and 6ft and I dont do exercise that often but have just started kick-boxing which Im doing twice a week. Just decided to mention that incase it means there maybe no point in me doing the program.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fighters Planet

Bsn no-xplode is a pre workout energy supplement, BANNED in Republic of Ireland
    AST Multi 32 is just a multivitamin, a decent one might I add

Regarding achieving that kind of physique you strive for, might I suggest a dose of Aids, or Bulimia and you will get it

The ******isation of the world is complete when people want to look like that

If its to attract girls you want it then I will say, from personal experience, that once they are ****ed by a bodybuilder they will never want another man again

In your case though I feel you want this look to attract men, just admit it, you are a queer. And a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I don't think you quite 'get' this forum Fighters Planet. I'll make it easy on both of us, you're permabanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I love a good permanban on a monday...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Bsn no-xplode is a pre workout energy supplement, BANNED in Republic of Ireland
    AST Multi 32 is just a multivitamin, a decent one might I add

Regarding achieving that kind of physique you strive for, might I suggest a dose of Aids, or Bulimia and you will get it

The ******isation of the world is complete when people want to look like that

If its to attract girls you want it then I will say, from personal experience, that once they are ****ed by a bodybuilder they will never want another man again

In your case though I feel you want this look to attract men, just admit it, you are a queer. And a ****.

I know he can't respond, but I'll say it anyway - boll*x.

Those "models" usually have about the same amount of muscle as the majority of recreational "bodybuilders" I know. Especially true if any of those "bodybuilders" ever decided to diet down to the same body fat level as those guys. It's easy to looked jacked when you're fat!!

And creating a website to sell The Abercrombie Workout?? GENIUS move.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

The lads in the pictures on the site are pretty respectable looking but I doubt that has much to do with this particular workout. Jesus, if they succeed in branding a type of physique I'll really want to kill myself.

Glad to hear it's that easy for me to look jacked though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

lads in all fairness what is wrong with wanting to look good, I cant believe someone above questioned my sexuality over it, see that whats wrong you cant go anywhere in this country and ask about building up like that without getting slagged or called gay or something stupid like that.

All I want is some advice on whether this is a good program or not, and if its safe to do so. Now would I be better off going to the gym and asking for advice from a personal trainer or something like that???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

lcrcboy wrote: »
    lads in all fairness what is wrong with wanting to look good, I cant believe someone above questioned my sexuality over it, see that whats wrong you cant go anywhere in this country and ask about building up like that without getting slagged or called gay or something stupid like that.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to look like that at all. I think you'll find that's why the other lad was permabanned and rightly so.
    lcrcboy wrote: »
    All I want is some advice on whether this is a good program or not, and if its safe to do so. Now would I be better off going to the gym and asking for advice from a personal trainer or something like that???

I don't think it's a good program to be honest. But if you're a novice lifter you will see gains from it. If you have the money to see a personal trainer then you would be better off, just make sure they're a good one.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hanley wrote: »
    I know he can't respond, but I'll say it anyway - boll*x.

Those "models" usually have about the same amount of muscle as the majority of recreational "bodybuilders" I know. Especially true if any of those "bodybuilders" ever decided to diet down to the same body fat level as those guys. It's easy to looked jacked when you're fat!!

And creating a website to sell The Abercrombie Workout?? GENIUS move.

Genius is right. The lads on that website are hardly small and emaciated either. I doubt they got that way following "The Abercrombie Workout" though.

Isn't this what Abercrombie models usually look like:

http://www.businessoffashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/abercrombie-and-fitch-ad-campaign-courtesy-fo-abercrombie-and-fitch.jpg

Completly different physique to the lads on that website.

That's enough posting of half naked men on the internet for me for one day.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

the program is one of many bodybuilding type programs - chest/triceps, legs/back etc and yes if you are brand new it will work but you might be better off going for 2 full body workouts and rotate off them 3 days a week.

- get with the basics like squatting, chin ups, overhead pressing, deadlifts, core work etc and use progressive resistance over time and you will get there. Oh and just eat wayyy more and if you want to take a protein supplement just go for something really basic (supplements are no better than real food, just easier to get down when you have to eat more than you are used to).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I dont want to hijack the thread but out of curiosity is NO Explode really banned? If its banned for false advertising and being a waste of time then fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I dont want to hijack the thread but out of curiosity is NO Explode really banned? If its banned for false advertising and being a waste of time then fair enough

Super high vit B content I believe. "medicinal" levels per the IMB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I love watching people on forums rag on physiques like that when the reality is that a lot of them actually have quite a bit of mass. It's rare that you see anyone with that much -muscle-mass outside of a gym and even in the gym tbh. A lot of people with a high % body fat seem to take offence when someone wants to have a models physique :D And to OP, depending on your current physique it may take a couple of years before achieving that kind of proportioned model look, regardless of what most people think on the internet ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

jive wrote: »
    I love watching people on forums rag on physiques like that when the reality is that a lot of them actually have quite a bit of mass. It's rare that you see anyone with that much -muscle-mass outside of a gym and even in the gym tbh. A lot of people with a high % body fat seem to take offence when someone wants to have a models physique :D And to OP, depending on your current physique it may take a couple of years before achieving that kind of proportioned model look, regardless of what most people think on the internet ^^

my current BMI is at 20.9 which I beilve is normal for my height and age, I would be fairly skinny Im kind of sick of having that shape and want to put on some serious muscle :cool:

Advertisement