Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DARE Application Form

• 20-02-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I have filled out section's B and C of the Disability Access Route to Education (DARE) application form.

Now I'm looking for section A of which I couldn't find the download link on the DARE website.

Does anyone know where I may find section A, I must have this handed in by the following week.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From the DARE site:
    Section A – this is a personal statement from you outlining the academic impact of your disability or specific learning difficulty.

Section A is included in this http://www.accesscollege.ie/dare/includes/pdfs/DARE%202011%20Application%20Guide.pdf (.pdf file)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thanks but thats the application form I already have.

I'm looking for the link where I can fill out the details of Section A.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you mean an online application?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Karaokeman: I went through DARE myself last year and was accepted. Feel free to PM with whatever questions you have.

Basically I have the application "guide".

I'm looking for the actual "form" I need to fill out and I have sections B and C completed without section A, which I need to download and fill in.

• Advertisement

I remember filling in Section A online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Isn't Section A linked from your online CAO application?

(Vague memory ... I may be totally wrong)

Isn't Section A linked from your online CAO application?

(Vague memory ... I may be totally wrong)

Yeah, it is linked to the online application but there could have been a deadline that has past which I believe was soon enough though.
    Dates to Remember:

January 22nd – DARE & HEAR Application Advice Clinics, Nationwide.
    By 1st February 2011 - You must apply to the CAO at www.cao.ie
    By 1 March 2011 - You must complete the HEAR and DARE Online Application Form on http://www.cao.ie/
    By 1 April 2011 - you must submit supporting documents to CAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

unknown13 wrote: »
    Yeah, it is linked to the online application but there could have been a deadline that has past which I believe was soon enough though.
    Looks like it's 1st March for what he needs tho.

I may be reading his OP incorrectly, but it looks like he's trying to find the link on accesscollege.ie rather than on cao.ie?

Yes section A, I have to FILL OUT for tuesday.

I texted my form teacher now hopefully he will text back my career guidance teacher's number to me.

I've completed the Personal Statement and Section's B and C, so its almost done now.

Hopefully it was linked from my CAO application because thats already done.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »

I texted my form teacher now hopefully he will text back my career guidance teacher's number to me.

I'd be quite surprised if that was allowed, I know there would be war in our place if teachers' private numbers were given out by a third party to a student, but hopefully you can sort it out tomorrow.
    Hope the application goes well and you have a great time at college.

spurious wrote: »
    I'd be quite surprised if that was allowed, I know there would be war in our place if teachers' private numbers were given out by a third party to a student, but hopefully you can sort it out tomorrow.
    Hope the application goes well and you have a great time at college.

Thanks and yeah the teacher's in my school are really nice.

Basically I have to post my personal statement and tick the boxes in Section A.

I can't do that in the Application Guide (this was the link I was given, not the actual form) because they're FILLED OUT as a sample.

Advertisement