Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would Celtic finish in the EPL?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Probably as good as the likes of bolton,wolves and all the other absolute shoite that makes up the bottom half of the EPL too!

as much as i love celtic, bolton and wolves id say would beat them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

10-14th (Mid Table safety)
    major bill wrote: »
    as much as i love celtic, bolton and wolves id say would beat them!!
    Well blackpool took maximum points off liverpool this season and wolves beat Far-East united so there you go.If your trying to say that wolves, wigan, bolton etc. are better than Celtic, it proves how deluded and full of poo EPL fans are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

18th - 20th ( Relagated)
    Well blackpool took maximum points off liverpool this season and wolves beat Far-East united so there you go.If your trying to say that wolves, wigan, bolton etc. are better than Celtic, it proves how deluded and full of poo EPL fans are.

all 20 EPL teams would beat any team in the SPL:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

14th - 17th( Relegation Survivors)
    they would be a good team at home id say but ****e away. top 10 and thats being nice

BERBA wrote: »
    Ya, Id say Celtic wuold be quaking in their boots at the thoughts of Bolton and Wolves visiting Celtic Park.FFS:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The only delusion im reading in this thread is your opinion towards the EPL. Im not saying the EPL isnt overrated but peoples opinion on the SPL and the old firm on this forum is just as deluded as some of the people saying LOI is on a par with the SPL and old firm. Celtic and rangers are nowhere near the standard they were a few years back. Wolves, bolton etc are playing better sides week in week out...celtic and rangers are not. am i saying wolves are/have a better side than celtic? maybe but thats a differant debate im saying with the current side celtic have they would struggle in the premier league in the first couple of seasons.

Ya, Id say Celtic would be quaking in their boots at the thoughts of Bolton and Wolves visiting Celtic Park.FFS:rolleyes:.This being a team that has beat man u, juventus,ac milan, stuttgart etc., etc. Get real .Jesus is weeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

fulham destroyed juventus last season and their an average prem team yet have a much better team than celtic.... look at west ham like so much better than celtic..celtics current squad would be like a little worse than wolves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

And the old firm would give EPL teams a game. So what?

Are you seriously going to try and argue that the EPL is the same standard it was 5 years ago? That the top teams aren't all weaker? Honestly? :eek:

Are you ignoring posts that call you out on your blatant bullshít?

18th - 20th ( Relagated)
    Ya, Id say Celtic wuold be quaking in their boots at the thoughts of Bolton and Wolves visiting Celtic Park.FFS:rolleyes:

Dundee United , Inverness and Kilmarnock werent quaking before xmas when all 3 went to Celtic Park and all came away with draws:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

18th - 20th ( Relagated)

Likewise I doubt Bolton or Wolves would be quaking at the thought of Celtic visiting The Reebok or Molineaux.

Ya, Id say Celtic would be quaking in their boots at the thoughts of Bolton and Wolves visiting Celtic Park.FFS:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Are you ignoring posts that call you out on your blatant bullshít?

Not really, I don't live on the internet...

Looked back and mea culpa, forgot about the Arsenal game.

But the point remains - there is nothing to suggest Celtic TODAY would get relegated, never mind Celtic with EPL money.

partyndbs wrote: »
    fulham destroyed juventus last season and their an average prem team yet have a much better team than celtic.... look at west ham like so much better than celtic..celtics current squad would be like a little worse than wolves
    aa like would you stop talking like a deluded mentalist like.

18th - 20th ( Relagated)
    Ya, Id say Celtic would be quaking in their boots at the thoughts of Bolton and Wolves visiting Celtic Park.FFS:rolleyes:

repeating yourself now?:D Look at posts 308 & 313, pure sign of madness;)

Likewise I doubt Bolton or Wolves would be quaking at the thought of Celtic visiting The Reebok or Molineaux.
    Or Arsenal for that matter:D

repeating yourself now?:D Look at post 308 , pure sign of madness;)
    yeer driving me daft:)

Dundee United , Inverness and Kilmarnock werent quaking before xmas when all 3 went to Celtic Park and all came away with draws:rolleyes:
    I believe both west ham and the mighty bolton beat spurs before xmas, so your point is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Not really, I don't live on the internet...

Looked back and mea culpa, forgot about the Arsenal game.

But the point remains - there is nothing to suggest Celtic TODAY would get relegated, never mind Celtic with EPL money.

You forgot 40% of your fixtures (some fan!). Turns out they were the two home-away fixtures where you didn't win a game and only picked up 1 point from a league perspective. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that forgetting these 4 games made it look like you had a strong case.

18th - 20th ( Relagated)
    I believe both west ham and the mighty bolton beat spurs before xmas, so your point is....

my point was in relation to you saying celtic wouldnt fear bolton and wolves visiting them , well ye should based on yere 3 home draws against dundee united , inverness and kilmarnock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

18th - 20th ( Relagated)
    my point was in relation to you saying celtic wouldnt fear bolton and wolves visiting them , well ye should based on yere 3 home draws against dundee united , inverness and kilmarnock.

That bears no relevance at all to the conversation. You cant take isolated incidents on their own. Every team has shocker results at home every now and again (bar Mourinhos teams). Even the mighty Barcelona lost to Hercules at home this season. Man Utd scraped past a Non-league the weekend, the list is endless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Last as they should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Last as they should be.

So where would that leave The Rangers?

So where would that leave The Rangers?
    2nd ;)

2nd ;)
    2nd division;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

5th -10th (Europa League/Upper mid Table)
    2nd ;)

Always 2nd best alright

Dempsey wrote: »
    Always 2nd best alright
    53 league titles.. :D

18th - 20th ( Relagated)

wouldnt be hard when your in a handy league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

As things stand, I believe Celtic's squad is not nearly good enough to compete in the EPL. Players like Samaras, Murphy, Maloney and Stokes are Premiership cast-aways, while Freddie Ljungberg is the "Marquee" player. The likes of Kris Commons have plyed their trade in the lower echelons of English Football, while the likes of Scott Brown are untested at the EPL level.

8 Years ago, Celtic would have been a team which could compete in the EPL. Moving them to the EPL today would only set a train in motion whereby they would eventually be able to compete at the highest level of English Football (they would be attractive to foreign imports who would be impressed by the facilities availableand the history of the club, increased media exposure would make plum sponsorship a surefire thing). Celtic would become a massive club in an English context. However, it would take time and effort. Simply planting them in the EPL wouldnt guarantee anything.

However, as things stand, their squad is weak, their management team has not been tested at the highest level, and they could not be seen as having a better chance of survival then many teams at the foot of the EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

18th - 20th ( Relagated)
    They'd do well to stay up first season.

Wont be 54 anytime soon Id say;)

Het-Field wrote: »
    As things stand, I believe Celtic's squad is not nearly good enough to compete in the EPL. Players like Samaras, Murphy, Maloney and Stokes are Premiership cast-aways, while Freddie Ljungberg is the "Marquee" player. The likes of Kris Commons have plyed their trade in the lower echelons of English Football, while the likes of Scott Brown are untested at the EPL level.

8 Years ago, Celtic would have been a team which could compete in the EPL. Moving them to the EPL today would only set a train in motion whereby they would eventually be able to compete at the highest level of English Football (they would be attractive to foreign imports who would be impressed by the facilities availableand the history of the club, increased media exposure would make plum sponsorship a surefire thing). Celtic would become a massive club in an English context. However, it would take time and effort. Simply planting them in the EPL wouldnt guarantee anything.

However, as things stand, their squad is weak, their management team has not been tested at the highest level, and they could not be seen as having a better chance of survival then many teams at the foot of the EPL.

Funny that, he can barely make the bench for Celtic.

Also, anyone that believes that Celtic would just turn up to the EPL with the current squad are deluded. You tell Celtic that they would be playing EPL football next season, they would walk out and buy several quality players. The SPL is a huge hindrance to Celtic, they have stated publicly that several top targets turned them down in recent years because of the SPL.

yeah obvers who wants to play against hamilton and the likes, sure jimmy bullard turned you down :P

[, while Freddie Ljungberg is the "Marquee" player.
    Freddie Ljungberg is just there as back-up.He came cheap on a free transfer.Just coz he once played in the mighty EPL doesnt make him a "Marquee" player

Freddie Ljungberg is just there as back-up.He came cheap on a free transfer.Just coz he once played in the mighty EPL doesnt make him a "Marquee" player

you really seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the EPL:confused:

• Advertisement

yeah obvers who wants to play against hamilton and the likes, sure jimmy bullard turned you down :P

Hull pulled the plug on the deal because of Bullard's financial demands

I have no intention of getting into semantics. However, the term "Marquee" player is a term utilised in America. It referred to the likes of Valderamma, Stoichkov,Henry etc who are slightly over the hill, but have a legacy behind them thus providing the club with an instantly recognisable name. I defy you to tell me that Ljungberg is not the most high-profile player at Glasgow Celtic (regardless of his playing ability, or his ability to break into the team).

18th - 20th ( Relagated)
    i think if it was ever to happen , the old firm should be made to start off in League 2:p

i think if it was ever to happen , the old firm should be made to start off in League 2:p
    That would be no problem. Id love to see it happen in fact.

major bill wrote: »
    you really seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the EPL:confused:
    Ya, when I see players like Andy Carroll being valued at 35 MILLION pounds and Gary Hooper being written off it does piss me off a bit.

• Advertisement

A sure yee have wigan and the likes.Seems to keep yee happy.

the market dictates hooper is a 2 million pound spl player while andy carroll is a 35 million pound player

I have no intention of getting into semantics. However, the term "Marquee" player is a term utilised in America. It referred to the likes of Valderamma, Stoichkov,Henry etc who are slightly over the hill, but have a legacy behind them thus providing the club with an instantly recognisable name. I defy you to tell me that Ljungberg is not the most high-profile player at Glasgow Celtic (regardless of his playing ability, or his ability to break into the team).

Marquee players, in the MLS or any other league with that sort of a system, arent brought in to sit on the bench, they play every match unless their leg is hanging off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

18th - 20th ( Relagated)

They would jump at that chance, even non-league would do.

id say they would have to start off in the northern first division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I defy you to tell me that Ljungberg is not the most high-profile player at Glasgow Celtic (regardless of his playing ability, or his ability to break into the team).

According to my wife, the most high profile player at Celtic is Ljungberg and that is not for his football profile at all :pac:

Apologies to the testosterone filled forum

ljungbergkleinfiler468x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ya, when I see players like Andy Carroll being valued at 35 MILLION pounds and Gary Hooper being written off it does piss me off a bit.

Carroll's all-round game is much better and his physique is a huge asset.

Hooper is small, not super quick but is a finisher. Plenty of Hoopers around, not that many Carrolls.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Marquee players, in the MLS or any other league with that sort of a system, arent brought in to sit on the bench, they play every match unless their leg is hanging off.

And David Beckham is testament to that.

.............oh wait ?

And David Beckham is testament to that.

.............oh wait ?

Is Beckham a bench player at Galaxy??

oh wait indeed!!:rolleyes:

the market dictates hooper is a 2 million pound spl player while andy carroll is a 35 million pound player
    The market is fairly screwed up in that case.Hooper is a much better footballer than Carroll. Id have him in my team before Caroll any day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement