Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gels in Dublin city centre

• 20-02-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

I know online will be cheapest but... anywhere in the city centre that sells gels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I got some Powerbar branded gels & jellies in Runways on Parnell St for about €1.25 and the High5 Isogels are about €1.50 in Cyclogical on the Quays (about 100m down from O'Connell bridge on the north side - opposite the drugboardwalk).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The health food shop on Grafton Street sells Powerbar, High5 and Maximuscle gels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Euro Cycle - Euro Baby on South William St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cheers, got them in eurocyles in the end... best combination of price and selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Any favoured brands lads? I will have to start thinking about taking these on long runs very soon - and have not used them before?

or are they all a much of a muchness?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Not really, they taste and texture can vary greatly, as well as how it affects you. Best try out various ones and see which agrees with you best. For me the High5 ones are best but others don't like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Any favoured brands lads? I will have to start thinking about taking these on long runs very soon - and have not used them before?

I like the Lucozade ones myself. They've way more calories (125 per satchet) in them than the High 5 ones which is a big plus. I got a load of them for €1 each in JJB at one stage, don't know if it was a special offer or not.

I hadn't used gels much before but I think they made a difference to my stamina in the last few miles of my last marathon. I didn't tire at all towards the end, so definitely get practicing with them on your long runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

You can get this lot in Wheelworx for a tenner at the mo if you want to experiment!
    181777_197939860233996_100000539514727_699978_4975763_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

As everyone says, you really have to try a few and see which suits you best. Bear in mind that most of them are quite thick and you'll want water to wash them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Just resurrecting this thread to see if anyone's found any good value in the High5 products recently? Going to stock up this week and always like a good deal. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Always better going to wiggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

tunney wrote: »
    Always better going to wiggle

Seems to be a couple of euro cheaper at www.cyclesuperstore.ie, also free delivery

Advertisement