Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It is possible to pick up hotbird on a SKY mindish?

• 20-02-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭

have the usual sky minidish set up with sky box and picking up the usual astra channels. it there a mod i can do to the dish to pick up the hotbird channels? dont mind buying another set top box for the hotbird channels..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

DRice wrote: »
    have the usual sky minidish set up with sky box and picking up the usual astra channels. it there a mod i can do to the dish to pick up the hotbird channels? dont mind buying another set top box for the hotbird channels..

You would be better off with another set top box to be honest, however it is possible to use a sky box for fta hotbird channels but only by means of tuning in via the other channels once you have it connected to a dish aligned to hotbird.
    You cant pick up the usual astra channels unless you manually disconnect a feed for astra 2 from the sky box and connect the hotbird feed each time you want to change so as you can see not very user friendly at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

and there is no easy solution to pick up both set of channels? i am into easy solutions, not so into "manually connecting and disconnecting feeds from dishes!"

thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

DRice wrote: »
    and there is no easy solution to pick up both set of channels? i am into easy solutions, not so into "manually connecting and disconnecting feeds from dishes!"

thanks though

If you just want the fta channels on astra 2 and hotbird then a non sky receiver diseqc with a diseqc swith would be a fairly easy solution, if you want paid for channels then it gets more complicated unless you are willing to learn. It all depends on what channels you are after really.

Advertisement