Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone recommendation please

Options
  • 20-02-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new phone. I have the nokia 5530 atm but it seems to have more problems with each software update. I'm looking for one with an alphanumeric keypad, this is important, don't like qwerty on mobiles.

Features I'd like would be
    Music player with at couple of GBs internal or external.
    3.5mm jack.
    Long enough battery for music playback say 8-10 hours constant.
    Speaker built in.
    Fast mobile internet.
    Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, touchscreen
    Don't care about camera.

Looking for one on meteor on bill or PAYG. Around €300.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

The Nokia touch and type phone should be along the right lines. The other thing you could look at would be the blackberry pearl 3G. That's Vodafone only though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Sorry should have said alphanumeric touchscreen like below. I was looking for a complete touchscreen. Not buying a nokia until they do something with the os.

Scr000052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Take your pick of android phones, all meet your requirements. You can choose from many different keyboards, alpha numeric/full/whatever. Nokia won't be doing anything with their OS, they just announced they are gonna use windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thanks, its looking like one of the HTC so.

Another question, meteor are offering an extra €20 credit per month for new customers that port their number, I'm a customer already. So to get this I'll have to move away :rolleyes: How do I go about switching to O2? With meteor you can just fill in a form on the website, but I cant seem to find anything on the O2 website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just buy a 99cent vodafone simcard, then use that number to port onto meteor and get offer, then change your old meteor number onto your new meteor number. Or something :?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement