Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options
  • 20-02-2011 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

So yeah according to here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-Music-Fest/113010615441882

There'll be a music festival held in Waterford on July 30, with a capacity of 15,000 held in the Regional Sports Grounds..

It's the same lads who've organised Flo Rida to play the forum, and by the sounds of it it's going to be massive- line up to be confirmed next week.

Btw I'm not actually associated with it, just said I'd put it up here incase anyone heard anything about it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's going to be nothing like Waterford has seen before! Congratulations to everyone who has made this happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

AdMMM wrote: »
    It's going to be nothing like Waterford has seen before! Congratulations to everyone who has made this happen.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or if you're involved with it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

If they get the acts they are going for its going to be huge for the city.About time we had something to look forward to in waterford:)

Mooley22 wrote: »
    If they get the acts they are going for its going to be huge for the city.About time we had something to look forward to in waterford:)

It must be getting organised with a long time, they seem to know when Spraoi weekend is happening already, so Spraoi must be in agreement with them, and The Venue Tramore's Facebook knew about it last week, announcing it, so I'm assuming they've got something to do with it also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

A lot of people already know, its not the best kept secret :p

Best of luck to the lads, looking forward to when its "official".

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    A lot of people already know, its not the best kept secret :p

Best of luck to the lads, looking forward to when its "official".

People know who's playing it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No sarcasm, I know some of the people behind it and was genuinely a WOW moment when they told me! Wouldn't be my scene but have no doubt that it will be a success because I know that they've been trying to get this off the ground for years!

Ah, I see. Well if they're expecting a capacity of 25,000 [Circa 2 times the size of the O2), it'll have to be an act worthy of at least selling out the O2..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Ah, I see. Well if they're expecting a capacity of 25,000 [Circa 2 times the size of the O2), it'll have to be an act worthy of at least selling out the O2..

They would sell out the o2 and probably have done before

They would sell out the o2 and probably have done before

They said on the facebook it's someone new, so they probably haven't played the O2 before.

• Advertisement

They said on the facebook it's someone new, so they probably haven't played the O2 before.

Its just says about them being a huge recording artist doesnt say anything about being new?or did i miss something?

Its just says about them being a huge recording artist doesnt say anything about being new?or did i miss something?

Nope, but I commented saying was it an act who was touring, and they replied that it wasn't, it was one of the biggest recording artists at the moment or something! Are you involved with it or something since you know?

Nope, but I commented saying was it an act who was touring, and they replied that it wasn't, it was one of the biggest recording artists at the moment or something! Are you involved with it or something since you know?

Nope not involved at all just.they didnt say at the moment just said It will be one of the biggest recording artists in the world so could be anybody really.Everybody will know next week anyway

Nope not involved at all just.they didnt say at the moment just said It will be one of the biggest recording artists in the world so could be anybody really.Everybody will know next week anyway

Suppose yeah, I'm presuming they haven't gotten anything confirmed yet or any contracts signed, so any of the acts that people know about atm are probably just rumours..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Best of luck to them but it can't possibley be bigger than the festival in Tramore in the 80's with Dylan, Van Morrison etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Hmmm sounds like it's now a windup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

looking forward to finding out the lineup, fingers crossed in my house that it's Radiohead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭deeks

Saw this on Facebook and I have to say that my immediate reaction was - Wind up.

Hope not though. About time Waterford had a large scale music event to look forward to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its not a windup. I know the people who are organising the event, I have known about this for a good while now and spoke with the council to try speed negotiations up.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

I know who is involved, and the acts playing..

will be good but people expecting Radiohead or the likes will sadly be very disappointed.

Not my thing who is playing but will be a great thing for the city, hope it works out
    Still trying to think how the 27000 will be fitted!

• Advertisement

Yeah found it out too, not exactly my cup of tea, but massive for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The kids will be happy with the line up:) The GF is mates with the lads setting this up and it is real as Sully said, But I had to laugh with the hype on facebook:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

savic04 wrote: »
    will be good but people expecting Radiohead or the likes will sadly be very disappointed.
    that's wrecked my buzz for the day then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Yeah found it out too, not exactly my cup of tea, but massive for Waterford.
    Is it a proper music act or some pop idol cheese crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Hip hop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

maybe somthing that sounds like a 50 pence coin:D or maybe not:p

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Im so excited I could burst

Well the person that it is didn't half sell out the O2 before, and his music is way out of date, so the ticket prices being charged aren't justified.. it's way too expensive, could see someone like Lady Gaga for around the same price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

savic04 wrote: »
    I know who is involved, and the acts playing..
    You have to say who it is so!

PM even? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

maybe somthing that sounds like a 50 pence coin:D or maybe not:p

Don't think it could be 50 Cent. He only half filled the O2 in 2010 and did not sell out the Marquee in Cork in 2009. Someone that can't sell 5,000 tickets in Cork won't sell 2,000 in Waterford in my humble opinion

Advertisement