Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Balls. I'd like to see the Waterboys but wont be around for them.

I know the way, I'm away for a wedding that weekend so I doubt I'll get to any of it. I missed the last one too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I may have found the Event Organisers..... :D

waynesworld22.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

^^^

What are Big-Slick-Poker and Sully doing in the desert though? Is the Native American lad from the Council?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

newportwex wrote: »
    ^^^

What are Big-Slick-Poker and Sully doing in the desert though? Is the Native American lad from the Council?

Mod Warning

First it was ziedth and now its me. I feel so let down at your attempts of laughing and mocking us, we usually get a lot better :(

So lets take this as a final warning... Enough of your crap. We know full well what your at and if you have nothing at all useful to contribute when posting on this forum then you might as well leave peacefully unlike your counterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I take it that there'll be no comedy tent at the festival then seeing as the concept of humour is lost on some people. That photoshop could have been a lot worse to be fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Hi All ,

We appreciate the feedback good and bad and take it all on board. We have been delayed due to legal complications that we did not forsee when we went with the teaser and i understand the frustrations this has caused. But Im hoping that within the next few days we will have all these legalities sorted and will be ready to announce the event and when tickets will go on sale.

We do hope to build this into a yearly event and give people in Waterford something that has never been done in this City. I appreciate the humour within the thread and I would just ask all Boardies to just bare with us while we sort the Red tape out which has taken alot longer than anticipated.I am fully confident as a promoter and organizer that this event will go ahead as planned on July 30th with a Line up that will be exciting and fun for all genres and we will stride to make this successful year on year. This is something new for Waterford and i am delighted to be involved with the project.Just on the Boards post we did not create this thread and i am responding personally as i am a frequent user of this site . When the gig goes Live i will post and official thread aslo .

Regards

Neill K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Its nice to have some official word back on this. I think a lot of people were just frustrated by the lack of communication from the organisers.
    I hope this will settle the situation down a bit. The very best of luck with ironing out the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

I know you got a lot of stick from posters, just keep us informed and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I think this would be separtae from the above event

I know that! The point being that everything going on in this town lately seems to be all hush-hush.

Mod Note:

Seeing as it's Friday I'm going to do the easy thing and tidy up the thread but a couple of notes:

The next person who derails this thread is getting a one week ban.

If in future you have a comment/question/problem/observation about a mod action (not a regular post) PM them. Doing so on thread causes a trainwreck and I'm happy to chat about anything in PM.

If you don't like how we handle the fourm contact a cMOD they are right there at the bottom of the main fourm page.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It's always been the rules on boards, a thread is to discuss the topic at hand never to discuss how the discussion is being handled.
    Nothing Dictatory about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Just a quick clarification. I wasn't offended and I saw the funny side. Generally I would leave it be and thank the post - it was a joke to most people. However, it wasn't the first time mods have been targeted by the person in question and it becomes gradually worse and more personal. It was purely acted upon to nip it in the bud and make a firm line that if its the start of crusade on me as it did with others on this forum, it wont be let slide on. Its been an issue raised several times to the mods by the regulars on this forum.

I don't think anybody was offended but you have to remember that sometimes there is a bigger background and picture which when a mod reacts and it looks harsh or serious. We do have a sense of humour :)

Any further concerns or questions send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

LIES!

Mods are the closest things to robots you'll find here.

I bet they're all being given free tickets to this! Probably secretly love 50 pence and justin baby as well!! RABBLE RABBLE! :mad:

LIES!

Mods are the closest things to robots you'll find here.

I bet they're all being given free tickets to this! Probably secretly love 50 pence and justin baby as well!! RABBLE RABBLE! :mad:

Banned tbh. :p

Isn't it obvious anyway, Kelly? Bieber in Dublin during your "negotiation" stage. I think most people have a fair idea its himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

anything new to add on this "confirmed" gig??

Not yet . As i said its at advanced stages now and when we can reveal we will do in a full press release . And boards will be used as a media outlet .

Its 99% there now including the Undercard . Just the Red tape

Neill

Good to hear Neill,

Regardless of how good or bad the lineup is I'll give ya 10/10 for getting our and doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Bigger then Bryan Ferry ?

*shake your hair girl with your ponytail*

Literally SOME girls will go nuts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stanceworkx

please dont class 50 cent as a hip hop artist he is a destroyer of hip hop bring some real talent to waterford not pop hop talentless muscle bound ballistic bullet target who talks like a wine gum! if hip hop is dead him and his associates should be up for murder and raping of the ear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

• Advertisement

Official Update

Everything is now in place for the Waterford Music Fest 2011 and we have all artists now lined up. The Official Launch date is now Saturday April 2nd when the Line up will be announced . Tickets will go on sale Tuesday April 5th from 9am and will be on sale from www.ticketmaster.ie and will be priced at €54.80 including booking fee.

Neill

So, where's the boards discount? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

There is a recession on son, you better have rem and Lilly Allen on for that price !!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Sounds good. Think I'll wait and see the line up first though. Wouldn't want to see any of the bogey names thrown around here already like Jedward and 50 Cent.

Any idea of when the line up is going to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

AndyKiely wrote: »
    Sounds good. Think I'll wait and see the line up first though. Wouldn't want to see any of the bogey names thrown around here already like Jedward and 50 Cent.

April 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Thanks buddy. :)

Win the first set of tickets to the festival by posting this link www.facebook.com/waterfordmusicfest on your facebook page and commenting on this comment that it is done . Winners will be announced on April 5th when tickets go on sale . Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

AndyKiely wrote: »

Im worried those acts are not bein ruled out as if it is 50 cent main act no one will pay that much , i hope we will be truly surprised and i will be hoping to get tickets for who ever it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

As long as theres a half decent line up ill definately support this. Great to see something like this being organised in Waterford.
    Fair play for making this happen and hopefully it can grow to something great in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I reckon some tickets should be allocated, by way of lottery, to anyone who showed interest in this thread. Limit it to those who have commented so far. :)

Advertisement