Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

but the tickets will be easy to get.. why limit them to anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

savic04 wrote: »
    but the tickets will be easy to get.. why limit them to anyone??

I meant as thank-you for offering support. If people who post the link on facebook are eligible, why not supporters on boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

Looking forward to the announcement. We were talking bout this in the pub last night and people seem to be pretty enthusiastic about it. Price is reasonable too considering what I've paid to see some bands/artists play in the likes of the RDS, the Point etc. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The price is reasonable if your a fan of the three main acts, no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

The price is reasonable if your a fan of the three main acts, no doubt about that.

Do you know who the main acts are :confused: if so pm me as im eager to know if all the rumours are true or not ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The secrecy about the acts is stupid.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The secrecy about the acts is stupid.

I know the rumours have been going around for quite a while now and people want to know who's definitley playing. But if the launch is on April 2nd then it wouldn't really make sense to make an announcement before then.

But what's the launch gonna be?

I know the rumours have been going around for quite a while now and people want to know who's definitley playing. But if the launch is on April 2nd then it wouldn't really make sense to make an announcement before then.

What difference would it really make? Is the launch going to be a spot on WLR or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Ok to the people in the know can ye at least confirm or deny (hopefully) that the main act is 50 cent :confused: id love a good decent band to be headlining but if its the rumoured 50 c i wont be rushing out the door ...

• Advertisement

Well the launch is going to be on Beat FM on saturday so I can see why they don't want to make an announcement before then.

Unless Beat have paid an exclusivity fee I don't see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Sure most people know the line up anway. Its waterford's worst kept secert:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its Mary Byrne. She pretty much said it in the Late Late show. Support by Ronan Keating.

Good work Neill, fantastic acts for Waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Sully wrote: »
    Its Mary Byrne. She pretty much said it in the Late Late show. Support by Ronan Keating.

Please be joking!!! Can somebody pm me, seen as the whole of waterford apparently knows what's the harm in telling little ol' me ;)

Mary Byrne's brother is playing in the three Shippes in April. Doing a Tom Jones tribute. Rumour has it that herself may be joining him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Mary Byrne's brother is playing in the three Shippes in April. Doing a Tom Jones tribute. Rumour has it that herself may be joining him.

That'd be nice.

I'd say there are so many PM's flying around over this it's nuts. I can confirm that the rumored return of Tupac Is not true :)

Its Hanson isn't it. The hmmmbop tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ziedth wrote: »
    That'd be nice.

I'd say there are so many PM's flying around over this it's nuts. I can confirm that the rumored return of Tupac Is not true :)
    What about 2Pac?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Don't you mean:

pacman.gifpacman.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

What about 2Pac?

:pac:

I called him by his real name. I grew in the hood you see, can't you tell i'm gangster :o

Sure most people know the line up anway. Its waterford's worst kept secert:)

Spill the beans so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Jedward and 50 cent, together at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

This is the most drawn out process I've ever seen. It's been building up for so long that the acts will have to be pretty good to justify the wait. I'm remaining sceptical but I hope I'm wrong!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dan133269 wrote: »
    This is the most drawn out process I've ever seen. It's been building up for so long that the acts will have to be pretty good to justify the wait. I'm remaining sceptical but I hope I'm wrong!

Anyone hear the rumour the announcement will be delayed two weeks? Apparently the promoters feel it hasn't built up that much hype. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Anyone hear the rumour the announcement will be delayed two weeks? Apparently the promoters feel it hasn't built up that much hype. :pac:

No, but I've heard that Beat are only releasing the line-up to the 102nd caller ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

This thread yawn yawn yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

in limerick they announced last week they would open the new milk market as a concert venue.

today they said that the coronas have signed and tickets are on sale

it took a week to organise with rumours only happening for about 3 weeks. thats a month in total.

the organisers of this event are ................................... well ill say over hyping to be nice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Can someone please tell whos playing to pm it

Advertisement