Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I heard Samantha Mumba's making a comeback at it..

>_>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Mock speculation is fine. Those listing out a load of acts as fact, naming and shaming people who are holding things up and so on isn't helping.

Please stop - its even in the forum charter. It does more damage then good.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

everyone's saying how this is a good thing for waterford.. personally, i think it's a little embarrassing. :pac:

waynecampbell_garthelgar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

All they had to do was keep things under wraps until it was 100% confirmed, would have been ****ing unreal then. I'm sure they'll learn for next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Asmodean wrote: »
    All they had to do was keep things under wraps until it was 100% confirmed, would have been ****ing unreal then. I'm sure they'll learn for next time.

Yeah cause I know if the line up is good and I'm there at the concert i wont be able to enjoy myself at all because they jumped the gun with announcing it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Asmodean wrote: »
    In fairness, although they didn't mean it, it's good marketing - People have been speculating about who's gonna be playing for weeks now.
    I just hope the lineup turns out to be good as everyone thinks it's going to be!

@Big Slick Poker - Please god don't announce that the rumours of One Direction and Jedward playing at this are true. A crowd full of screaming 13 year olds will be torture!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

blue-army wrote: »
    In fairness, although they didn't mean it, it's good marketing - People have been speculating about who's gonna be playing for weeks now.
    I just hope the lineup turns out to be good as everyone thinks it's going to be!

@Big Slick Poker - Please god don't announce that the rumours of One Direction and Jedward playing at this are true. A crowd full of screaming 13 year olds will be torture!!

the only ones talking about it ar on here. nobody in the real world even knows it exists

bit of an amatuer joke to be fair. they are saying they have experience in doing this stuff but so far im very unimpressed. they dont even seem like they know how to market. you cant hype a festival without acts unless its an established event

but im sure these kids know that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

so far the promoters have made some comical marketing errors and logic says that it will ultimately produce corresponding results

..... but, I'm guessing there's others involved in music around here who've been invited to take part in events that came together in as shambolic a manner and for some reason just clicked in the end and turned out great. I played the Life festival years ago when it was a fiasco right up until the crowds arrived.

I hope the same happens here for the organisers and wish them well regardless of who plays. It's only rock n' roll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Is Bryan Ferry playing at this or is the whole talls ships yoke a different event :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Bryan Ferry is playing at the Tall Ships Festival which is a major 3 day event taking place at the end of June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That's a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Icky Thump wrote: »
    the only ones talking about it ar on here. nobody in the real world even knows it exists

bit of an amatuer joke to be fair. they are saying they have experience in doing this stuff but so far im very unimpressed. they dont even seem like they know how to market. you cant hype a festival without acts unless its an established event

but im sure these kids know that

It's gone REAL WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/mheygbsnau/

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

dayshah wrote: »

Wow, its been a good few years since I saw the word internet hyphenated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Wow, its been a good few years since I saw the word internet hyphenated...

Probably the last time you heard Paul Weller :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Ya need to listen harder, weller is savage, and even better life, get "cathc a flame" his live album, great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

heres a bit for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

At least The Munster Express give us credit when they get their stuff from boards...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

This dead in the water??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Not looking very promising given that they were supposed to announce the acts 10 days ago

• Advertisement

what a suprise

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Testing one, one, two, testing, two two one, testing....

Nope - No sound yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

name and shame the promoters, is it a certain idiot who took over a certain venue in Tramore recently? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

**** venue anyway because you can see straight into the RSC from 2 sides of the road!

if these guys had brains they would be dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Dont think its dead in the water..

Just a hold up with contracts apparently

savic04 wrote: »
    Dont think its dead in the water..

Just a hold up with contracts apparently

yea the hold up has been like that for 2 months now....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Gardner wrote: »
    name and shame the promoters, is it a certain idiot who took over a certain venue in Tramore recently? :p

Gardner if you have a personal issue with someone rather than the event itself your best off to go somewhere else - the thread isn't about one person imparticular, nobody wants to be listening to that s*** :)
    On a side note - your quick to criticise other people but when was the last time you even attempted something like this? It may not be working out perfectly but at least there is a few people actually trying to do something different in the city.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

and the kids are back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Boooourns wrote: »
    and the kids are back again.

Why where have you been? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

shouldn't we wait before someone actually does something before singing their praises..?

Advertisement