Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Have I heard correctly that this has finally and if true, sadly been pulled tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think so. There were just too many obstacles thrown in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

well if true - unlucky but fair play for giving it a shot.

All's not lost as long as they learn from their mistakes and come back better for it next year

Then again, I could be jumping the gun and it might still be on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Gardner if you have a personal issue with someone rather than the event itself your best off to go somewhere else - the thread isn't about one person imparticular, nobody wants to be listening to that s*** :)
    On a side note - your quick to criticise other people but when was the last time you even attempted something like this? It may not be working out perfectly but at least there is a few people actually trying to do something different in the city.....

youd swear they where doing it for all of the people in waterford

they wheregoing to make a HUGE profit from something like this so forgive me if i have no sypathy for these people who hyped up something that was way out of their league.

why would they hype it before they where sure it could happen?? and to use amatuer radio to help promote said event............. wow

so yes fair play to them but no sypathy. they had their free 10 mins of fame for "pretending"(i cant believe anything until its proved they actually where in talks with some mystery arist) to set up a festival

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's a real pity (if true) I had decided to go down for a look and all. Like blobbyblob said above if they regroup for next year maybe they might get an act that that is bigger then 50cent and above all in my opinion most importantly scale back the tone and hype of the promotion it could be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I think the organisers jumped the gun way too soon regarding announcing the date without having the "Acts" confirmed and all legalities tied up. Maybe they will learn next time. If there is a next time.
    I wonder if these guys could have organised it better :rolleyes:

couch_1024x768.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I think it is quite sad that there are so many " I told you so" people out there.

fair play to whoever was behind this for at least trying.

Is it definetly off?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

comeraghs wrote: »
    I think it is quite sad that there are so many " I told you so" people out there.

Is it definetly off?

I agree, I'm sure there will be many people who are only delighted to see something fail :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

beegirl wrote: »
    I agree, I'm sure there will be many people who are only delighted to see something fail :mad:

Agree, but Waterford was always a city of begrudgers anyway. It's something that seems to be inbred in a lot of us for some sad reason.

We always seem to knock our own. I remember I was talking to someone in Ferrybank one day when John O'Sheas dad walked past - the two lads saluted each other - no sooner had JOS's dad gone past when your man muttered under his breadth "your son is F***** useless anyway."

Just summed up the begrudgerry. Instead of praising him he couldn't wait to knock him - even with all that the lad has achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

jimbojazz wrote: »
    We always seem to knock our own. I remember I was talking to someone in Ferrybank one day when John O'Sheas dad walked past - the two lads saluted each other - no sooner had JOS's dad gone past when your man muttered under his breadth "your son is F***** useless anyway.

He nutmeg'd Figo dammit!!!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Not knocking the lads for having a go ..Fair play
    but it would be nice if they came back and posted what when wrong (details)
    It may help them (or someone else in the future )

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Not knocking the lads for having a go ..Fair play
    but it would be nice if they came back and posted what when wrong (details)
    It may help them (or someone else in the future )

I'm sure they will release a statement soon but just like the announcement of the Festival there could be some red tape to overcome in that regard as well. Like if they had any contracts signed for acts that did commit etc., I'm sure there would have to be procedures that way to cancel the contracts etc. before they can confirm that it's officially off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

There never was a festival was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Will they have to pay off contracts that were supposedly signed? Could be a very big loss for them

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

The idea was good but the promotion work involved was very novice but the idea was new to teh city, so you have to give those involved some slack.... but rule number one is confirm your main acts, then go from there..... the support generally looks after itself.

Although I didnt read a confirmation read anywhere of it being pulled, probably more Waterford whispers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

gone boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

gone boy

how ya know so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Why where have you been? :cool:

Hmm you need to work on your comebacks.

If this has been cancelled then the lads involved have made right arses off themselves. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

O Riain wrote: »
    how ya know so?

gone boy

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

This thread is still going???
    I'd say we can assume its cancelled. Although cancelled implies that there was something to cancel....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

jimbojazz wrote: »
    I'm sure they will release a statement soon but just like the announcement of the Festival there could be some red tape to overcome in that regard as well. Like if they had any contracts signed for acts that did commit etc., I'm sure there would have to be procedures that way to cancel the contracts etc. before they can confirm that it's officially off.

So they have to wait for red tape to clear so they can annouce the cancellation of something that was never confirmed to be on in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

comeraghs wrote: »

Is it definetly off?

What I think is sad is that the "I told you so" people were 100% right all along. I don't think it's being begrudging, it's being bloody realistic. I was one of the ones laughing at this thing saying I am sure it will never work, but I genuinely don't feel one bit of guilty pleasure now at this news.

Right, this is the big thing. All this bs about contracts needs to be explained. First, the promoters said the festival was "confirmed", this appears to have been a blatant lie. Then, the main acts were confirmed and everything was ready for a launch date. Contrary to what a previous poster said, if the acts who signed up for the festival have pulled out, it is the promoters who are in for getting money through legal action, not the other way around. It will be interesting to see what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Red tape to tell people it is cancelled? It never got going did it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This thread is fast becoming a train wreck.

The event isn't cancelled.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

And on that note I am going to close it until we have some concrete news on this. If the organisers want it reopened again feel free to pm any of the mods and we can get it open for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lendaredev

just saw on face book lads that the organisers are saying the line up will be announced tomorrow! doubt it, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

Should be announced Sunday the day of the resurrection .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

After a long wait and delays, the announcement will be tomorrow at 11.30am on Beat. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Glad to see its still going ahead despite the negative views certain.people have towards it.. hope there are a few surprises in the line up though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Will the announcement be the line-up, or its formal cancellation?

Who knows?

But we'll find out 2nd here on boards.ie!!!!

Advertisement