Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Even tho the headliner makes my skin crawl.....I can see this being a massive success.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Smash Hits, i've heard nothing but good reports about these lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Please note we have more acts to announce this week also .

Regards

Neill

Well done Neill, an amazing line up!

Wasn't expecting Wonderland, they're gonna be massive like!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm most excited by Smash Hits and the thoughts of chucking blaa's at Shane Ward.

Well done lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

John Roberts is Tuesday with ticketmaster Darren :)

Cool. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

I'm most excited by Smash Hits and the thoughts of chucking blaa's at Shane Ward.

Well done lads!

No Blas :)

Again we have possibly two to 3 more acts to announce also this week and next week and these are very very big .

Regards

Neill K

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Well done on the line-up lads, I'm delighted it all came together in the end. Huge acts and I'm sure it will be nothing other than a great success.

Hopefully the begrudgers will not be too disappointed! :rolleyes:

Well done again for doing something positive for the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Shane ward is a clever one. I think one more pop based act like him and you'll be getting two different demographics.

I genuinely hope it works out and you get acts that I'd personally love to see down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Not my thing but I wish ye the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Oh well, hopefully this paves the way for my type of music in the RSC in the future. Best of luck with it anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Well done lads, should be a massive gig....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I dont think there have been too many begrudgers on this thread to be fair. The organisers themselves will admit that the journey to get here has been less than ideal but that's to be expected for a first attempt at this. Regardless of the line up you can't please everyone but everyone should want it to be a success cause it could grow over the next few years to be a massive date in the calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

**** line up!

lucky to get 10,000 at it plus a **** venue!! why pay when u can watch and listen from the outside!

Gardner wrote: »
    **** line up!

lucky to get 10,000 at it plus a **** venue!! why pay when u can watch and listen from the outside!

What a ridiculous post

It will more than likely be a sell out and if you want to stand outside, best of luck to you. Think id rather pay the entrance fee and stand inside with my mates :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

Best of luck anyway . Dj achmed will be good anyway , "I will kill you " classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

50 Cent? wow..................................
    Brand New
    Exciting
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Like the look of it so far, but at least one guitar-driven rock group in the next announcement is a must IMO. Not expecting a Kings of Leon or anything, just somebody different that'll get an even bigger crowd in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Fair play and best of luck, really hope ye sell out this, it would be great for the city if this was a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

daddydick wrote: »
    Hopefully the begrudgers will not be too disappointed! :rolleyes:

Why are you so concerned about a group of individuals?

Daysha wrote: »
    Like the look of it so far, but at least one guitar-driven rock group in the next announcement is a must IMO. Not expecting a Kings of Leon or anything, just somebody different that'll get an even bigger crowd in.

Noone will pay 55euro for just one band though, they should keep the theme of hip hop and pop.

• Advertisement

This is a picture of that Venem guy:

100_1470.jpg

:eek:

At the end of the day all i want to know is MC Dubh playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

No Blas :)

Again we have possibly two to 3 more acts to announce also this week and next week and these are very very big .

Regards

Neill K

Are they more of the same or something a bit different?

Not my kind of acts at all but best of luck with it. I'm glad it finally all came together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Shayne Ward must be stuck for work, AFAIK he was dropped by his record label recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Wouldn't mind a bitta Spinmaster meself.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Why are you so concerned about a group of individuals?

I'm not exactly "so concerned"...it doesn't bother me at all to be honest...

I'm just glad that this event is going ahead and that I don't have to listen to people around town spouting the "I told you so"....and "useless b@stards" etc etc attitude:D

Boooourns wrote: »
    Noone will pay 55euro for just one band though, they should keep the theme of hip hop and pop.

It will be the biggest selling point for a lot of people though. At the moment I'm about 50:50 on whether I'll go or not, but if they can get someone like a Paolo Nutini or somebody else mainstream they might be enough for me to give it a shot.

Also, can I ask if one of the remaining acts is local?

Boooourns wrote: »

I wouldnt agree Boooourn, a lot of people may be rock lovers and dont mind listening to Flo Rida etc when they're on the radio. If they announce a large rock band, people will pay that bit more if they are going to also hear other music they are used to listening to ie. flo rida, 50 cent, shayne ward

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Daysha wrote: »
    It will be the biggest selling point for a lot of people though. At the moment I'm about 50:50 on whether I'll go or not, but if they can get someone like a Paolo Nutini or somebody else mainstream they might be enough for me to give it a shot.

Also, can I ask if one of the remaining acts is local?

+1

If the last two acts were both ones that I'd half listen to I'd ded go down for a look. Even if it was one act that I like I'd go down see them and soak up a bit of the atmosphere.

Is there alcohol being sold at the event?

• Advertisement

daddydick wrote: »
    I wouldnt agree Boooourn, a lot of people may be rock lovers and dont mind listening to Flo Rida etc when they're on the radio. If they announce a large rock band, people will pay that bit more if they are going to also hear other music they are used to listening to ie. flo rida, 50 cent, shayne ward

Ah fair enough, you have a point. I just know if they got someone decent i wouldn't pay the money just to see them, as i can't stand the other acts.

Advertisement