Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Well the person that it is didn't half sell out the O2 before, and his music is way out of date, so the ticket prices being charged aren't justified.. it's way too expensive, could see someone like Lady Gaga for around the same price...

How much are the ticket prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yes does anyone have anymore info about tickets and pricing? The website/facebook doesn't say much.. if they have a decent line up I'd be really interested in going :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

someone spill the beans and just tell us! or PM me.. i wanna knowwww! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Finally something to put Waterford on the musical map - I've known about this for a while - good acts for the audience in question.

Well done to all concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

What are the bets it's all just a rumour.. much like when I was told Paolo Nutini was playing at the tall ships!

If it is true, that will be unreal!

Pity I'm working in Milan for July!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 johnjoe123

50 cent with bruno mars or tinie tempah.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

I think Facebook needs a "meh" button for occasions just like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So this is going to either be some hip hop person I don't care about or some pop person I don't care about. Hopefully whoever it is will attract the crowd they want because if this was successful, maybe it would pave the way for some decent acts in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its the big 4. Metallica, Slayer,Megadeth and Anthrax. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Hi All ,

We have a 5 year plan with this and hope that we can see this grow to become a major festival on the european calender of events . We are happy to say the Beat FM will be our official Media Partners on this and The Line up will be announced Soon on Beat F.M . So keep tuned for more information...

Waterford needs injection and thats exactly what we are trying to do in the current economic difficulties.. We hope that the announcement will put waterford firmly on the Music Calender as we try and build this Festival over the coming years and attract acts that suit every Genre Year after Year . Its all just red tape at the moment waiting to be cut and we can reveal it all when this is out of the way .

www.waterfordmusicfest.com
    www.facebook.com/waterfordmusicfest

waterfordmusisfestbanne.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Hi All ,

We have a 5 year plan with this and hope that we can see this grow to become a major festival on the european calender of events . We are happy to say the Beat FM will be our official Media Partners on this and The Line up will be announced Soon on Beat F.M . So keep tuned for more information...

Waterford needs injection and thats exactly what we are trying to do in the current economic difficulties.. We hope that the announcement will put waterford firmly on the Music Calender as we try and build this Festival over the coming years and attract acts that suit every Genre Year after Year . Its all just red tape at the moment waiting to be cut and we can reveal it all when this is out of the way .

I really do hope that this is as big as it's being hyped up to be. It would be great if it did capture the attention of festival-goers from all over Europe. But if it's some of the acts mentioned above...?

In any event, congratulations on trying to do something big for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Off topic but I went to see Dara O Briain in the Marquee the week before 50 Cent was playing and he had sold out while Fiddy wasn't. I literally had a pain from laughing as he was trying to "plug" him the whole night. It was quality.

Now, regardless of who us playing (would someone mind pm'ing me :)) I say fair play to the lads involved. Look at the first line up for witness(or oxygen) and see how far they have come. The location is actually great for a concert too.

I hope it works out the best it can be. I'll try and go provided it's not N-Dubz if that's the case anyone involved is banned from here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thin Lizzy
    One Night Only
    The Blizzards
    The Caronas
    Aslan
    Stereophonics

That would be a good line up in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy
    One Night Only
    The Blizzards
    The Caronas
    Aslan
    Stereophonics

That would be a good line up in my eyes

This Lizzy might be a problem, with the whole dead members thing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

nkay1985 wrote: »
    This Lizzy might be a problem, with the whole dead members thing. :P
    Theres a tribute band with a couple members touring with the same name though :pac:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy

LOL .. I can Guarantee its not Thin Lizzy

Have to say Dublin and cork are spoiled for choice with the marquee so no matter what we announce and it is big . It will be a huge event for the southeast and the Venue is absolutely on the money .

As we have said its 95% over the line at the min and hence the teasers until we can announce who is playing .

Regards
    Neill K

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

its all about opinions..

What is someones dream line up is another persons Nightmare line up.

My Perfect Line up*:

Green Day
    Eminem
    J-90
    Linkin Park (Even if they are ****e live)
    Nickleback

* I'm well aware that a line up like this would be impossible and more then likely would appeal to very little people but in a perfect world it would be that way for me.

Mine:

The Saturdays
    Pussycat Dolls
    Girls Aloud
    Rihanna

Om nom nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Dirty Sanchez agreeing to announce the acts?

Bit confused by that one...

Edit: Confused as in, why in the name of god would they ask those two eejits? They're know for sticking nails in their balls and smaching their heads open with hammers.

• Advertisement

I think they mean John 'Manky Mexican' Halligan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

gscully wrote: »
    Mine:

The Saturdays
    Pussycat Dolls
    Girls Aloud
    Rihanna

Om nom nom nom!

would you want them to sing or just play each other in beach volleyball :D

I'd be happy with
    Radiohead
    Rammstein
    Lamb of God
    Meshuggah
    Shpongle

Basically Pancho wants to be there for the gig :) and wants to say hello during the intervals . All good fun

gscully wrote: »
    Mine:

The Saturdays
    Pussycat Dolls
    Girls Aloud
    Rihanna

Om nom nom nom!

Lol Rhianna at the bottom of ur listin .. jaysus she wouldnt be happy :D

old gregg wrote: »
    would you want them to sing or just play each other in beach volleyball :D

I'd be happy with
    Radiohead
    Rammstein
    Lamb of God
    Meshuggah
    Shpongle

Beach volleyball. I'd make them 'sing' later :D
    Lol Rhianna at the bottom of ur listin .. jaysus she wouldnt be happy :D

Oh no, she'd be top of my list every time. That was written in set-list format, so she's the headliner. ;)

Edit: Confused as in, why in the name of god would they ask those two eejits? They're know for sticking nails in their balls and smaching their heads open with hammers.

Prob because there friends and im on tour with them at the moment :)

ziedth wrote: »
    My Perfect Line up*:

Green Day
    Eminem
    J-90
    Linkin Park (Even if they are ****e live)
    Nickleback

* I'm well aware that a line up like this would be impossible and more then likely would appeal to very little people but in a perfect world it would be that way for me.

J90 in the middle i love the band but seriously Nickleback and linkin park below them :)

Eminem would blow your budget straight away and would command a figure over €1,000,000 for 90 min show

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Correct me if I'm wrong but were they the lads that were in 'Ten' i.e. Preachers a few years back? Or was it a similar group of lads? Thought they were a complete waste of space anyway.

Pearl Jam or Daft Punk would be the job for me but that would never happen.

J90 in the middle i love the band but seriously Nickleback and linkin park below them :)

They'll play were I bloody tell them to play. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Right I might as well let the cat out of the bag. The headline act is...............

Me, playing a few Oasis and Ronan Keating covers on my guitar and a child's xylophone. Jedward will be supporting. :D

onemanband.jpgbrilliant-jedward.jpg

Advertisement