Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »
    1500 is the revised capacity.

Really? 1500? Are you missing a zero?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Really? 1500? Are you missing a zero?

Yeah, sorry. Knackered and working late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Sully wrote: »
    1500 is the revised capacity.

why?? is that the real non exaderated capacity or is it because they want it to "sell out"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Icky Thump wrote: »
    so you suggest paying only 50 quid for acts that i dont wanna see in the hope that next year i will wanna see who plays??

i hope that it is a success but highly doubt they will get 9000 never mind the 25000 the wanted

I'm not suggesting that. What I'm saying is Sproai weekend if you happen to have €50 knocking around and you like any of the acts go down for a look and maybe next year you'll like all the acts. Obviously if you hate everyone playing I'm not saying go down. That'd be crazy.

My bet they'll get about 10/12k going. Depend I think if sproai draws people in or takes them away ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

To be 100% honest with ya... Knowing the crowd the line up will attract and the music played... Going there would be my idea of hell!!!

Saying that I hope it works out so next year might be better...
    Plenty of acts who would of raised profile for similar money...

Mumford and sons
    Plan B
    Would of been good to attach a diff crowd and still be on undercard to 50 cent..

Il be at indepience,79 euro for 3 days and some superb acts plying in few diff arenas..
    Spraoi don't attract big numbers to the town, really only families these days I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Not knocking the event or effort put into this but..

Why was it decided to run the event on the spraoi weekend ???
    Surely there would have been more suited dates that could have been picked .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

i think its actually not a bad idea, people can come to visit waterford for the weekend, they can pay their 5o or 60 quid to see 50 cent then enjoy a whole weekends worth of free entertainment. sounds like a savage weekend away for any group of lads or girls, one id definitely make if i wasnt from here!

kkdela6 wrote: »
    i think its actually not a bad idea, people can come to visit waterford for the weekend, they can pay their 5o or 60 quid to see 50 cent then enjoy a whole weekends worth of free entertainment. sounds like a savage weekend away for any group of lads or girls, one id definitely make if i wasnt from here!

OK one way of looking at it...
    but there 's also...
    Why pay 50/60 quid when there's a hell of a lot of good music been played all over the city for FREE....
    Sorry just think the Spraoi will effect the numbers at this event and that the conflicting dates could be a mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

What times is the concert expected to run from?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Problem is the date...

Not just for spraoi...but indepeince is on in cork too which will take a lot of people.

50cent couldnt fill marquee so relying on him alone will be hard.

I'd imagine it will be full of kids 16 years to mid 20s.

Maybe the date is to do with the football season too, or they feel spraoi already attracts numbers here so play on getting some of those people.

Great idea and I'm sure like all business ventures, it will take a few years to get right..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Hmmm...a few thousand screaming girls aged between 17 and 30?

Clear my schedule!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

where could they posibly go if they want to expand this festival.

Tramore Racecourse, Walsh Park, John Roberts Square, Lombard Street.

They could have A concert in RSC and Walsh Park. Imagine haven to run up from the rsc to walsh park to see an act and then run back to the rsc lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

PTH2009 wrote: »
    where could they posibly go if they want to expand this festival.

Tramore Racecourse, Walsh Park, John Roberts Square, Lombard Street.

They could have A concert in RSC and Walsh Park. Imagine haven to run up from the rsc to walsh park to see an act and then run back to the rsc lol

and a replay in thurles the following saturday

and a replay in thurles the following saturday

There a campaign at the moment to try get the Feile ...Trip to Tipp .. Music Festival back up and running....
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

If ye can get The Wanted, I'm so going :p (they rarely come to Ireland as it is!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Not knocking the event or effort put into this but..

Why was it decided to run the event on the spraoi weekend ???
    Surely there would have been more suited dates that could have been picked .

I will answer this .

The event is backed by the city council and we ran this By spraoi to make sure there was no issues . The reason the date was chosen was so the headline artist was available. We hope that we can compliment spraoi not take away from it /

Regards

dayshah wrote: »
    What times is the concert expected to run from?

Estimated Times

Gates 2pm - 11.00pm

Hi All ,

Thanks for all the comments which i have read over the past two weeks , I can report that ticket sales were superb today and we are thrilled with the start, We will be announcing another act to the bill which we feel will also attract more people to this event .

We have a competition running tomorrow, tickets go on sale in SuirDzign on Patrick's St tomorrow at 9.30am, who ever purchases the 250th ticket only has to pay 50c !!!!Please note their is no credit card facilities in store cash sales only. We also have an outlet at Kwiktan for direct sales, This is located next to Boots Pharmacy on Main st Tramore.

Regards

Neill K

allacts.jpg

I will answer this .

The event is backed by the city council and we ran this By spraoi to make sure there was no issues . The reason the date was chosen was so the headline artist was available. We hope that we can compliment spraoi not take away from it /

Regards

Thanks for the reply ,
    and answering my question,
    Best of luck with the event , hope everything goes smoothly and is a great success...

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply ,
    and answering my question,
    Best of luck with the event , hope everything goes smoothly and is a great success...

Thanks Very much , We would like to thank all at Boards.ie for the support so far and appreciate the advertising tool that it is .We hope that eveyone can get out and support this event as we have amazing plans for the festival over the next couple of years.

Regards

Neill K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

From Their Facebook "Official line up update:Another exciting act will be announced this Wednesday at noon, Watch this page and listen out to Beat fm for full details"

Don't see any announcement at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

shanemul wrote: »
    From Their Facebook "Official line up update:Another exciting act will be announced this Wednesday at noon, Watch this page and listen out to Beat fm for full details"

Don't see any announcement at all

I always thought noon was 12 o clock ;)

It's surely the wanted but I'll guess we'll see. Still holding on for Mumford & Sons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

the crowd are still baying for Metal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If ye can get The Wanted, I'm so going :p (they rarely come to Ireland as it is!).

'Cos noone wants them! :P

But yeah where's the new act? Seems fairly dodge..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    'Cos noone wants them! :P

But yeah where's the new act? Seems fairly dodge..

What-ever Noel!! :P UK is priority for them, sigh :(

And new act? *cough* one direction please *cough*

What-ever Noel!! :P UK is priority for them, sigh :(

And new act? *cough* one direction please *cough*

I was going to ask this (I apologise if I'm wrong) but were you one of the ones obsessed with one direction over on the x factor thread last year? :) I did actually hear a rumor that they could be playing but that was ages ago.

Hi Guys ,

Slight delay is all with regards announcing the act no major problems should all be sorted soon. We also will be announcing more acts as the weeks go by. Sorry there was a time put on facebook as this was not intended . As you can see by previous posts i have been constant in saying it will be announced soon . We are looking at all genres at the minute and hope we can add acts to suit all over the comin weeks .

Neill K

old gregg wrote: »
    the crowd are still baying for Metal :D

The only Metal at this will be the metal railings around the RSC :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Holding out for Guetta :)

Advertisement