Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

ziedth wrote: »
    I was going to ask this (I apologise if I'm wrong) but were you one of the ones obsessed with one direction over on the x factor thread last year? :) I did actually hear a rumor that they could be playing but that was ages ago.

yep, you're right, i was :P Clearly haven't gotten over the obsession either after seeing them at the XF tour... Love them :D
    Ah, I'd love if they came in july (their album is out the month before the fest so ya never know *hint hint to organisers* :P ).

But seriously, no pressure neil, hope things go well with it. I'm not even from waterford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

yep, you're right, i was :P Clearly haven't gotten over the obsession either after seeing them at the XF tour... Love them :D
    Ah, I'd love if they came in july (their album is out the month before the fest so ya never know *hint hint to organisers* :P ).

But seriously, no pressure neil, hope things go well with it. I'm not even from waterford!!

That was a great thread, only reason to watch the x factor. I got caught up with the Wagner love in big time :)

Although much to late in the day Neil an idea for next year would maybe have a ( public vote through beat maybe) competition for unknown local bands to get a small set. There are surely loads in the area that would try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Although much to late in the day Neil an idea for next year would maybe have a ( public vote through beat maybe) competition for unknown local bands to get a small set. There are surely loads in the area that would try out.

We are trying to show support to local acts also guys and are in talks about this , But this totally depends on stage times and what we have left. We will look at this in the coming weeks if it is possible .

Neill K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

We are trying to show support to local acts also guys and are in talks about this , But this totally depends on stage times and what we have left. We will look at this in the coming weeks if it is possible .

Neill K

Gorilla Radio :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi Guys ,

Slight delay is all with regards announcing the act no major problems should all be sorted soon. We also will be announcing more acts as the weeks go by. Sorry there was a time put on facebook as this was not intended . As you can see by previous posts i have been constant in saying it will be announced soon . We are looking at all genres at the minute and hope we can add acts to suit all over the comin weeks .

Neill K

LOL! Another delay announcing acts?!

Is this some sort of publicity stunt? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Sully wrote: »

It was always more acts announced soon . The bill is strong as is for the price of the ticket and we just want to give added bonus for all that will support this event .

Neill K

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It was always more acts announced soon . The bill is strong as is for the price of the ticket and we just want to give added bonus for all that will support this event .

Neill K

I meant in terms of an announcement today at noon :)

Sully wrote: »

more criticism :rolleyes:

Elbows22 wrote: »
    more criticism :rolleyes:

If you say so, but no thats not what I was doing and he knows that. Its called humour.

But, saying that, nobody is free from it if things cockup and BigSlick has always held his hands up for the problems with saying a lineup will be announced, cancelling that announcement, and the cycle repeats a few times before its actually made. Its why there was so much agro in this thread in the first place.

People are knocking the event as a whole, which I don't agree with. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

If ye can get The Wanted, I'm so going :p (they rarely come to Ireland as it is!).
    I'm so with you on that! I am praying, praying, praying that it's them!! I will go give the Waterford music fest team a big hug!! Seriously! it better be them cos me no likey rumours. :( x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

blue-army wrote: »
    The lad is after changing the 'info' on it. It defo said 'The Wanted' were the 4th headline act. Surely they're next to be announced?
    OMFG...okay thanks! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Neill K

There's no point really in putting Waterford acts on such as those MC Dubh or local bands, etc, because they'll just be taking away stage time from the acts people actually want to see.. Would probably discourage ticket sales rather than encourage them..

Actually really looking forward to this now - getting the ticket and all tomorrow :)
    To be honest you cant get better than that for €55
    Jodi Albert better be careful around the rsc ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Here's my wishlist for next year's festival:

Faithless
    DJ Tiesto
    Paul Van Dyk
    Armin Van Buuren
    David Guetta
    John O'Callaghan
    Gareth Emery
    Deadmaus
    Swedish House Mafia
    etc...

With Creamfields no longer held here (I think), and with Loveparade abolished after the tragedy in Germany last year, there's a great opportunity to hold a dance festival and attract crowds from all over Europe.

I'd definitely be there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

gscully wrote: »

Faithless
    DJ Tiesto
    Paul Van Dyk
    Armin Van Buuren
    David Guetta
    John O'Callaghan
    Gareth Emery
    Deadmaus
    Swedish House Mafia
    etc...

With Creamfields no longer held here (I think), and with Loveparade abolished after the tragedy in Germany last year, there's a great opportunity to hold a dance festival and attract crowds from all over Europe.

Oh sweet jesus no,

Any further talk of a dance festival will result in a ban :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Foo Fighters
    Kasabian
    Stereophonics
    Manic Street Preachers
    Feeder
    O Emperor
    Kids In Glass Houses
    The Blizzards

I'll have that for next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd tend to swing pretty evenly between Metal and Techno when it comes to attending events. But most of the festivals I'd play would be chill/ambient/psy events.
    Have to agree it's hard to beat the Foos for a festival atmosphere, Dreadzone are great for festivals, I'd go Radiohead anywhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Oh sweet jesus no,

Now now. Lets hear him out. At least we can contain and bomb the place while its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Oh sweet jesus no,

Any further talk of a dance festival will result in a ban pacman.gif

Apologies in advance...

gscully wrote: »

Faithless
    DJ Tiesto
    Paul Van Dyk
    Armin Van Buuren
    David Guetta
    John O'Callaghan
    Gareth Emery
    Deadmaus
    Swedish House Mafia
    etc...

That would be fantastic and I think you're right, there is a gap in the market there!!! But I have some bad news.... Faithless have split up :( Boo hoo... so getting them next year would be really really miraculous!

beegirl wrote: »
    Apologies in advance...

That would be fantastic and I think you're right, there is a gap in the market there!!! But I have some bad news.... Faithless have split up :( Boo hoo... so getting them next year would be really really miraculous!

How-do would re-unite them ;)

• Advertisement

Oh sweet jesus no,

Now now. Lets hear him out. At least we can contain and bomb the place while its on.

Any more nonsense from the two of you will incur the wrath of the dance gods...or in other words, the Techno Viking:

Be warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Whoever said they wanted mc dubh watch this:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfk7B8t1R4E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

gotta love Techno Viking. Nothing like being in a Berlin club at 4am and the place is full of Techno Vikings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Whoever said they wanted mc dubh watch this:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfk7B8t1R4E

That's exactly why he was mentioned, at the end of the day he'd draw a huge crowd, probably for the wrong reasons though......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Boooourns wrote: »
    That's exactly why he was mentioned, at the end of the day he'd draw a huge crowd, probably for the wrong reasons though......
    A huge crowd carrying torches and pitchforks...

A huge crowd carrying torches and pitchforks...

I imagine they'll be there anyway given the proximity to the Yellow House :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

From Facebook page
    A big shout out ***********, who just picked up the 250th ticket from Suirdzign for only 50 cent, Tickets are going fast folks, get them now from ticketmaster.ie or our local outlets.

Kinda funny but is it not a contradiction to say the 250th ticket has been sold from Suirdzign to follow it with "Tickets are selling fast"

[ducks]

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

i think they meant the 250th sold instore which wouldnt include ticketmaster sales

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Of course - Way to de-construct...

• Advertisement

blobbyblob wrote: »
    From Facebook page

Kinda funny but is it not a contradiction to say the 250th ticket has been sold from Suirdzign to follow it with "Tickets are selling fast"

[ducks]

250th in that store alone, thats only one ticketmaster outlet, apparently flying out in dublin

Advertisement