Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Whoever said they wanted mc dubh watch this:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfk7B8t1R4E

http://youtu.be/kOqJrWuGCGk

Won an MTV Video Music Award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

'why would ya go see some lad talking really fast boy!, they shoulda got tommy fleming for this gig boy!'

said my ill informed, uncool 57 year old father.

i hope it will be a huge success and who knows, maybe they'll get someone like Madness next year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

gscully wrote: »
    Here's my wishlist for next year's festival:

Faithless
    DJ Tiesto
    Paul Van Dyk
    Armin Van Buuren
    David Guetta
    John O'Callaghan
    Gareth Emery
    Deadmaus
    Swedish House Mafia
    etc...

With Creamfields no longer held here (I think), and with Loveparade abolished after the tragedy in Germany last year, there's a great opportunity to hold a dance festival and attract crowds from all over Europe.

I'd definitely be there ;)

What, the same Faithless who split up this month?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    What, the same Faithless who split up this month?;)

Faithless have not split its the Live Band production was too big to produce and bring on tour all the time is all Im sure Maxi Jazz will always be invlolved with Faithless with production scaled down is all , Still same tunes same voice .

G-Unit are now also confirmed for the bill at the Waterford Music Fest 2011,G-Unit includes Tony Yayo,Lloyd Banks and Dj WhooKid.With more announcements to follow.Tickets are selling fast,Get yours now at local outlets or at ticketmaster.ie

We do have other announcements to follow and rest assured Music fans we are looking at all Genres to add to the bill including Dance and Rock but these need to sit right with the acts that we have already secured on the Bill.All i can say is keep an Eye on facebook for further announcements . We will also be running an exclusive competition for Boardies only to Win tickets to the Festival in the coming weeks . We appreciate your support.

www.facebook.com/waterfordmusicfest
    www.waterfordmusicfest.com

Regards

Neill K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

G-Unit are now also confirmed for the bill at the Waterford Music Fest 2011,G-Unit includes Tony Yayo,Lloyd Banks and Dj WhooKid.With more announcements to follow.Tickets are selling fast,Get yours now at local outlets or at ticketmaster.ie

We do have other announcements to follow and rest assured Music fans we are looking at all Genres to add to the bill including Dance and Rock but these need to sit right with the acts that we have already secured on the Bill.All i can say is keep an Eye on facebook for further announcements . We will also be running an exclusive competition for Boardies only to Win tickets to the Festival in the coming weeks . We appreciate your support.

Regards

Neill K

Please ensure that any of the initial begrudgers who were praying to god that this event would not happen do not get a part in that competition.

O Riain wrote: »
    Please ensure that any of the initial begrudgers who were praying to god that this event would not happen do not get a part in that competition.

People who begrudge cause people to talk and when people talk it creates interest. So thank you for creating so much talk and interest , You cannot keep everyone happy but we can make sure that we try to keep those who support us happy. Ticket sales are way ahead of schedule and we are advising people to buy there tickets as soon .

All entrants will be listed on Boards . We need a boards.ie only competition any Ideas people ?

Neill K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

People who begrudge cause people to talk and when people talk it creates interest. So thank you for creating so much talk and interest , You cannot keep everyone happy but we can make sure that we try to keep those who support us happy. Ticket sales are way ahead of schedule and we are advising people to buy there tickets as soon .

All entrants will be listed on Boards . We need a boards.ie only competition any Ideas people ?

Neill K

one where everyone called Noel2k9 can enter would be nice :) haha

but in all seriousness, you should do one from the people who have posted so far in here, rather than after this, then people will just come along trying to bag free tickets!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    one where everyone called Noel2k9 can enter would be nice :) haha

but in all seriousness, you should do one from the people who have posted so far in here, rather than after this, then people will just come along trying to bag free tickets!

Comp Ideas ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'll ask again.,,can someone show me a post where people were "praying to god for this event to fail"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Regards

Neill K
    tumblr_lc738lDRh31qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Comp Ideas ?????

erm, I wouldn't recommend a popularity contest style one anyway, it always ends up with a worse reception than it's worth..

Maybe do a question yoke, give a certain time when you'll post it in this thread, first to reply gets the tickets or something! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Comp Ideas ?????

An open draw between everyone with more than a certain number of posts in this thread? Anyone with 5 or 10 posts here has surely been talking about it in the real world, therefore giving it publicity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Mod hat on here but I have to point you in the direction of the Community Management Team (Dav / Darragh) on hello@boards.ie, Neill. Its the new policy (well its here a while now at this stage) in place for anybody representing a business or organisation. Since you want to run a competition on here, you will need to run it by them and sort yourself out with them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

FREE YAYOOOO!!!

Yes boy Tony Yayo coming to Waterford

nice man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

Mod hat on here but I have to point you in the direction of the Community Management Team (Dav / Darragh) on hello@boards.ie, Neill. Its the new policy (well its here a while now at this stage) in place for anybody representing a business or organisation. Since you want to run a competition on here, you will need to run it by them and sort yourself out with them. :)

Is he actually looking to run a competition on Boards though? I know that's what he said but like there'd be nothing stopping him collating a list of people who've posted in the thread, drawing names out of a hat and posting up here saying that Person X has won two tickets to the event, would there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is he actually looking to run a competition on Boards though? I know that's what he said but like there'd be nothing stopping him collating a list of people who've posted in the thread, drawing names out of a hat and posting up here saying that Person X has won two tickets to the event, would there?

Ooh check me out 10 posts (and 11 now!) I think only people with 10 or more posts should be in a draw, starting from now ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nkay1985 wrote: »

Not sure how it all works behind the scenes. Just that all reps need to contact the community teams, before posting generally. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Nice little line up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Personally, I believe that the festival would not be going ahead were it not for the people who have posted in this thread. We all deserve a ticket and a pat on the back :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I think a prize for earliest comparison to Wayne's World in this thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Nice little line up now

yeah looks good! They should add in someone like The Coronas now to keep people happy who don't like rap. I'm definitely going now anyway.

How are tickets selling? Any idea on numbers sold?

15minslogo.jpg

Are you the next Super Star? If so, why not take a chance to try and win a support slot with 50 Cent,Flo Rida ,Shayne Ward , Wonderland and many more when they perform at the Waterford Music Fest July 30th ? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to share the stage with some of the biggest superstars in the Music industry.

This amazing competition is brought to you by Music Events Ireland and is in association with Beat 102 103, it is open to singer songwriters as well as bands! All acts that enter must be able to perform 15 minutes of original material. Ten acts will be chosen by independent judges and will be put forward to the Final which will be held in Waterford In June with the date to be confirmed. How cool is that!Competition Details and how to enter will be posted over the weekend .

Regards

Neill K

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Good idea Neill.... Good luck

Diese Factor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

I think the line up is the biggest pile of **** i have EVER seen,but the lads organising this are going to make some RAKE of cash,no way this isn't going to sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Vanman1

15minslogo.jpg

Are you the next Super Star? If so, why not take a chance to try and win a support slot with 50 Cent,Flo Rida ,Shayne Ward , Wonderland and many more when they perform at the Waterford Music Fest July 30th ? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to share the stage with some of the biggest superstars in the Music industry.

This amazing competition is brought to you by Music Events Ireland and is in association with Beat 102 103, it is open to singer songwriters as well as bands! All acts that enter must be able to perform 15 minutes of original material. Ten acts will be chosen by independent judges and will be put forward to the Final which will be held in Waterford In June with the date to be confirmed. How cool is that!Competition Details and how to enter will be posted over the weekend .

Regards

Neill K

Some of the biggest superstars in the Music industry??? That's some imagination you've got there my friend! For example headline act, 50cent could not sell out either the Marque, Cork nor the 02 Dublin - Fact. Shayne Ward has recently been dumped by his record company, Wonderland are yet more puppets inflicted upon us by you know who - many people would struggle to name a member of Wonderland let alone a track by them! While the bould Louie has had megga-success with acts such as Boyzone, Westlife, Girlsaloud, I personally think his luck is running out and don't see Wonderland troubling the music industry for very long despite Louie adding them as support billing to almost every Westlife concert that is lined up - maybe I'm wrong - as stated above, that's just my personal opinion!

Don't get me wrong I hope for your sake and Waterford itself that your festival is successfull, but I , like theillest, I too think the line-up for a music festival is dreadful and lets be really honest here, some of the biggest superstars in the Music industry are as follows: Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Beyonce, Eminem - most of whom would sell-out 40,000 capacity stadiums pronto. Yes, I know the above mentioned are 'well out of buget' but, the point I am making is that these acts are the biggest superstars in the music industry weather you or I like them or not. I am also aware you have to 'big it up' but once again acts such as Shayne Ward, Wonderland etc never were / never will be among the music industries elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

theillest wrote: »
    I think the line up is the biggest pile of **** i have EVER seen,but the lads organising this are going to make some RAKE of cash,no way this isn't going to sell out.

Great to see that positivity and support of local initiative is alive and well:rolleyes:

I say fair play to the lads that had the balls to organise this - huge risk involved in current climate.

Why do people not get behind this venture instead of knocking it every chance they get. It mightn't be to everyones taste but they have tried to cater for most tastes.

If it brings in extra revenue over that weekend combined with the Spraoi it can only be good for the City and help promote its image further if all goes well.

So what if they make a killing on it.

Maybe those who are knocking this should come up and try and promote their own venture or give their ideas on how they think this festival can be improved - god know the lads are on here often enough and appear to be open to suggestions.

By the way I have absolutely no involvement with this festival and dont even know the lads involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Yeah the "music" is pure garbage but sure that's what's popular and what the kids like so will help the promoters make money. This is good for the city so no matter. Hope the event goes really well, and hopefully in future years the festival will have proper music. To be honest though I would say they will just get just the most commercial chart acts going as that's where the money is to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Vanman1 wrote: »
    Some of the biggest superstars in the Music industry??? That's some imagination you've got there my friend! For example headline act, 50cent could not sell out either the Marque, Cork nor the 02 Dublin - Fact. Shayne Ward has recently been dumped by his record company, Wonderland are yet more puppets inflicted upon us by you know who - many people would struggle to name a member of Wonderland let alone a track by them! While the bould Louie has had megga-success with acts such as Boyzone, Westlife, Girlsaloud, I personally think his luck is running out and don't see Wonderland troubling the music industry for very long despite Louie adding them as support billing to almost every Westlife concert that is lined up - maybe I'm wrong - as stated above, that's just my personal opinion!

Don't get me wrong I hope for your sake and Waterford itself that your festival is successfull, but I , like theillest, I too think the line-up for a music festival is dreadful and lets be really honest here, some of the biggest superstars in the Music industry are as follows: Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Beyonce, Eminem - most of whom would sell-out 40,000 capacity stadiums pronto. Yes, I know the above mentioned are 'well out of buget' but, the point I am making is that these acts are the biggest superstars in the music industry weather you or I like them or not. I am also aware you have to 'big it up' but once again acts such as Shayne Ward, Wonderland etc never were / never will be among the music industries elite.

Why dont you set up your own festival and show us all how it's done??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Vanman1 wrote: »

There's such a stink of keyboard warrior of that I couldnt finish it. Some posts haven't a single clue about marketing or promoting something.

You'd swear you're expecting them to say "We have 50 Cent and Flo Rida, if you like em that is...well they're good...yno...please come to our gig..."

Advertisement