Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Vanman1

daddydick wrote: »
    You really do get some beauties on here!!!

Go take some evening marketing courses and see how you would go about advertising an event like this!!

If it was Mary Black and Dick, Dave n' Us headlining I would understand your view that they are not some of the biggest superstars in the world but in fairness to the lads, the line-up is pretty decent....there is no arguing that 50 cent and flo rida's music is known across the world and there is no doubt that they are international stars!!

Read my post proerly Clown! I'm quite clearly referring to Shayne Ward/Wonderland. Daddydick what an appropriate username!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

theillest wrote: »
    couple of Waterford bands on the line up would be good i think,seeing as we have one of Irelands best bands at the moment

Who?

Honest question. Not being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Miss Snowy wrote: »
    Hear that its Faithless being announced, for around 40k plus expenses!!!!
    blue-army wrote: »
    :pac:

EDIT: Just found this -

DJ Mark Kavanagh on Twitter - "Faithless' last ever Irish concert will be at Waterford Music Fest Saturday July 30 alongside Fiddy and Flo-rida."

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can't possibly be true??? I went to see their LAST EVER LIVE GIG a few weeks ago (broadcast from Brixton to the cinema in Dungarvan, but none the less... ;) )

But imagine if it is true... OH MY GOD I would be the happiest person on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, mustn't get hopes up :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Funkfield wrote: »
    Who?

Honest question. Not being sarcastic.

I'd say he's talking about O Emperor and I'd have to agree with him.

nkay1985 wrote: »

Me too !

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »

Ah yes. Didn't know they were from Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Funkfield wrote: »
    Ah yes. Didn't know they were from Waterford.

Yep the whole lot of them went to De La Salle college. They're really excellent and can be seen supporting The Waterboys during the Tall Ships festival.

Back on topic, they definitely would not suit this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Vanman1 wrote: »
    Read my post proerly Clown! I'm quite clearly referring to Shayne Ward/Wonderland. Daddydick what an appropriate username!

redcard_239835t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Vanman1 wrote: »

Relax Keyboard Warrior

And the original post referred to sharing a stage with "some of" of the largest international superstars....quite clearly referring to 50 Cent and Flo Rida....you're reading into things too much you need to have a smoke and relax your cacks

Fight ya for a fiver after school?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Relax Keyboard Warrior

I think ye should fight for 50 cent :)

• Advertisement

I think ye should fight for 50 cent :)

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cant imagine Faithless opening for 50 cent, but if an act like that was signed it would highly increase my odds of going :)

unless im working at it of course ;)

Yeah surely if they were (which they're probably not... still not getting hopes up!!!) the line up would be switched around so that 50 cent would be supporting them, not the other way around :eek: Fiddy might not like that tho lol :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Ah come on lads, lets not derail this thread with petty fighting and insults. Lets just get on with the topic at hand. :)

Relax Keyboard Warrior

And the original post referred to sharing a stage with "some of" of the largest international superstars....quite clearly referring to 50 Cent and Flo Rida....you're reading into things too much you need to have a smoke and relax your cacks

Chilled out completely at minute!! Make it a tenner and you're on ....:)

I could be wrong, but I don't remember any requests to stop speculation about The Wanted playing. Makes me wonder if there is some truth to the current rumour.

gscully wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don't remember any requests to stop speculation about The Wanted playing. Makes me wonder if there is some truth to the current rumour.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!! I remember similar requests to stop speculation only whenever 50 cent was mentioned (but not other acts), and that rumour turned out to be true in the end of course...

I am beside myself with excitement here, I hope that this is either confirmed or denied soon and I am put out of my misery :P

beegirl wrote: »
    My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!! I remember similar requests to stop speculation only whenever 50 cent was mentioned (but not other acts), and that rumour turned out to be true in the end of course...

I am beside myself with excitement here, I hope that this is either confirmed or denied soon and I am put out of my misery :P

It may be a clincher for me. I've always wanted to see them play. Love their music. Might even be better if they're not the main act. I can leave early and not have to listen to 50 Cent :D

gscully wrote: »
    It may be a clincher for me. I've always wanted to see them play. Love their music. Might even be better if they're not the main act. I can leave early and not have to listen to 50 Cent :D

Yeah me too, they've been one of my favourite bands for years but never got to see them, so I was gutted when they announced they were splitting that I missed the chance to see them live - hence going to see the last gig when it was shown in the cinema in Dungarvan - but I think it's fair to say it wasn't the same as being there ;) It was very bizarre actually, there were less than ten people in the cinema lol :-) One fella dancing around like a mad eejit and my hubby on the other hand, fell asleep :P

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

From Waterford Whispers: http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/article.php?id=302

50 Cent to visit Ancestral Home of Portlaw Before Waterford Music Festival

390.jpg

50 CENT's Irish fourth cousin, Paddy Babatunde, surveyed the Waterford village of Portlaw yesterday in preparation for the visit of the biggest rap star this country has ever seen, ever!

With a population of only 1,500 people, the residents will be asked to line the streets to form a guard of honour for one of its long lost sons.
    50 or 'Half-bob-note' as he is known to the villagers, said he is ‘excited and delighted' about visiting all the famous sites in Waterford, but also to visit the place his great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grand-uncle hails from.

Mayor of Portlaw Michael Kennedy stated the visit should hopefully inspire the vast amount of depressed people living there to leave their homes and mingle for a bit.

"Christ! It won't do them any ****ing harm. They need something to get them going. You'd swear some of them were locked up in Auschwitz or something the way'd they be goin' on."

"Hopefully Half-Bob-Notes visit will make them realise that you can become someone, even if you are from Portlaw." said the Mayor.
    The Mayor assured '50' of a guard of honour welcome, and told the rapper that he will be given the key to the village in a pagan ceremony in the local woods before his performance on the 30th of July in Waterford city.

"He's mad to have a pint of Guinness in the local."

"I told him he better not have one from that place before he goes on stage otherwise you know yourself.
    " laughed Mayor Kennedy.

50's last remaining relation in Portlaw, Paddy Babatunde, said he could not wait for his distant cousin to arrive home. The rappers great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grand-uncle (on his sister's side) is said to have been born in Portlaw when his mother got stuck here after a local man got her hooked on magic mushrooms.

"Our family connection is very distant but … we do share the same interests." said Babatunde.

Babatunde said the 'Half-Bob-Note' connection had brightened up the lives of Portlaw's youth at a time of chronic depression.

"Not much happens here at all. It's great to see everyone kind of smiling and there's a little spring in their step, sometimes."

No famous American multi platinum selling rap artist visit to Waterford would be complete without a trip to the new Waterford Crystal centre.

"That will probably be the second biggest highlight of his trip here." said Babatunde.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I totally live there, thus I'm going to go ask him for free tickets when he arrives..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

haha Psychedelic, I was a little bit through that before I realised it was a joke, silly me! good one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

kryogen wrote: »
    Can you confirm what genre this artist is from??

or even say whether its more of the same (predominantly hip hop) or not?

or should i also call Neill :)

Hennessy's Road

Male

Mammy's music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

Yeah..I really want that to be denied or confirmed! Soon anyway i hope! Its not fair hearing rumours of you're fave artists, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Miss Snowy

Apparently there is less than 2000 tickets sold for the gig!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Miss Snowy wrote: »
    Apparently there is less than 2000 tickets sold for the gig!!!

Where do you get your information?

Things I hear in passing! Find it quite interesting! Makes sense though!

Heard it in passing...I'm interested in it! Makes sense though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I heard in passing theyrem gonna have to cancel it because Christopher Walken wanted to go but then his dog got sick and the dog is the one who buys the tickets and the tickets are hard to buy for a dog because hes a dog n all and they need permission from Walken if hes gonna let the dog buy the tickets but he also lives in another feckin country so tis a bit hard.

Makes sense to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

i heard from a reliable source that it was double that

Advertisement