Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

did I have a post deleted? why

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kryogen wrote: »
    did I have a post deleted? why

Not that I can see anyway. When did you think you posted it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Since half of Waterford seems to be told how the festival is getting on - what acts did sign up, who didn't sign up, how ticket sales are going, etc etc. I would imagine its not far from the mark. Give or take a thousand, if its true, slow start.. If the faithless rumour is true, and I heard it from several people this week, that should sort out the sales. No?

What happens if the event doesn't sell enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Sully wrote: »
    Since half of Waterford seems to be told how the festival is getting on - what acts did sign up, who didn't sign up, how ticket sales are going, etc etc. I would imagine its not far from the mark. Give or take a thousand, if its true, slow start.. If the faithless rumour is true, and I heard it from several people this week, that should sort out the sales. No?

What happens if the event doesn't sell enough?

I imagine if that rumour is true, you can add on 10,000 tickets if it's pitched as their last ever gig. So many from the UK & Ireland would want to be there for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Tickets are slow enough selling at the moment but its early days yet, the backer of this is one brave man putting money behind this, and I really can’t see it making a profit. And as for faithless. That’s not going to happen http://www.nme.com/news/faithless--2/55647

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Tickets are slow enough selling at the moment but its early days yet, the backer of this is one brave man putting money behind this, and I really can’t see it making a profit. And as for faithless. That’s not going to happen http://www.nme.com/news/faithless--2/55647
    Posted "March 23, 2011 16:13"

That was written over a month ago!

And as for faithless. That’s not going to happen

Maybe, maybe not, but the fact that the organisers have reacted quickly to this rumour and not so much for others makes me think there's merit to it.

That aside, I see that two of David Guetta's latest collaborations are Flo Rida and 50 Cent. Maybe he should come over for a guest slot (please).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I heard in passing theyrem gonna have to cancel it because Christopher Walken wanted to go but then his dog got sick and the dog is the one who buys the tickets and the tickets are hard to buy for a dog because hes a dog n all and they need permission from Walken if hes gonna let the dog buy the tickets but he also lives in another feckin country so tis a bit hard.

Makes sense to me!

also dogs can't use the internet to book tickets because they can't type with their big stupid paws

Posted "March 23, 2011 16:13"

That was written over a month ago!

Mitch NME is one of the biggest music mags. Blogs in the world, when it says its their final gig as Faithless it is. Maxi Jazz or sister bliss can be booked for dj sets this is nothing like their live show as faithless. They are not going to suddenly change their mind and say Oh wait it’s the Waterford music festival lets do our final gig there. Also Guetta has a massive price tag and is booked up a year in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Mitch NME is one of the biggest music mags. Blogs in the world, when it says its their final gig as Faithless it is. Maxi Jazz or sister bliss can be booked for dj sets this is nothing like their live show as faithless. They are not going to suddenly change their mind and say Oh wait it’s the Waterford music festival lets do our final gig there. Also Guetta has a massive price tag and is booked up a year in advance

Shatter our hopes and dreams why dontcha ;)

You are dead right though, they would look pretty stupid if they made this big hullabaloo about their last ever gig, broadcast at cinemas, blah-de-blah and then turn around a month later and say ok actually, this is our last gig :rolleyes: Soooo not going to happen, much as I wish it would.

Stupid rumour-mongering getting my hopes up :(:(:(

• Advertisement

beegirl wrote: »
    Shatter our hopes and dreams why dontcha ;)

You are dead right though, they would look pretty stupid if they made this big hullabaloo about their last ever gig, broadcast at cinemas, blah-de-blah and then turn around a month later and say ok actually, this is our last gig :rolleyes: Soooo not going to happen, much as I wish it would.

Stupid rumour-mongering getting my hopes up :(:(:(

sorry:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

€54.80 ticket price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Oh.My.God.

From Faithless' facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/faithless/faithless-sound-system/10150183132797226
    Faithless bid farewell to their band last month, after 15 years of playing together they bowed out the only way Faithless ever could, with a spectacular show at London's Brixton 02 Academy which was broadcast live into cinemas across Europe. Watch this space for news on how you can relive their last ever full band show...

Fear not though, we're excited to announce that the legendary Faithless Sound System returns over the summer as a 3 piece featuring Sister Bliss, Maxi Jazz and percussionist Sudha Kheterpal.

4th June: Space, Ibiza
    18th June: Indian Summer Festival, Holland
    1st July: Space, Ibiza
    22nd July: Tomorrowland Festival, Belgium
    29th July: Space, Ibiza
    12th August: Main Riva City of Split, Croatia
    26h August: Space, Ibiza
    2nd October: Space, Ibiza

:eek:

Can they make it from Ibiza to Waterford the next day???

Guess our MusicMan was wrong. My guess - a claim of technicality. Technically, faithless are gone. He never said another form of Faithless could return, of course. :p

Sully wrote: »
    Guess our MusicMan was wrong. My guess - a claim of technicality. Technically, faithless are gone. He never said another form of Faithless could return, of course. :p

They must have saw my post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I heard 50 Cent is staying in the Marina Hotel - any word on that? They have pimped out the penthouse sweet for him; 50 inch TV, 12 foot jacuzzi, steam room for 25 people and a 20 litre bucket of jellybeans are being ordered....

=> respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Marina? Penthouse? Does not compute.

Staying in a hostel is what I heard... Reliable source and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He is staying with me, if your all nice to me you can come to the after after after party with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

kryogen wrote: »
    He is staying with me, if your all nice to me you can come to the after after after party with us

Wonderland are staying with me................ Send fiddy my regards :)

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Wonderland are staying with me................ Send fiddy my regards :)

Faithless are staying with me...or are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Still not allowed comment here mods ???? I have emailed as directed and no response and thats a week now ???????

Still not allowed comment here mods ???? I have emailed as directed and no response and thats a week now ???????

As already stated, please talk with takola if you have any queries. She can advice you further if you still didn't get a response.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

Is it possible that I could meet Wonderland and Shayne Ward a few hours before the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Funkfield wrote: »
    Who?

Honest question. Not being sarcastic.

O Emperor!class band..In fairness toured with mumford and sons,played oxegen last year,pretty sure they played electric picnic,playing bennicasim in Spain this year.Since the days of Saviours of space playing on the plaza at spraoi(i think that was their old name anyway)they've come a long way and i say it would be a shame not to have them on the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

theillest wrote: »
    O Emperor!class band..In fairness toured with mumford and sons,played oxegen last year,pretty sure they played electric picnic,playing bennicasim in Spain this year.Since the days of Saviours of space playing on the plaza at spraoi(i think that was their old name anyway)they've come a long way and i say it would be a shame not to have them on the bill.
    nah, they've become over exposed, all folks really want is a bit of metal

:D:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

o emperor are class, but solar taxi are fantastic as well. In fact, Waterford is full to the brim of talented bands.
    Someone mentioned earlier on the thread that they knew who the international act was, and that they couldnt believe said act was playing in Ireland never mind Waterford. Was that a joke or can we really expect a big shock?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

old gregg wrote: »
    nah, they've become over exposed, all folks really want is a bit of metal

:D:p:D

I heard Pantera are on after Faithless

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Heard last night that King Kong Company turned down an offer to play but Solar Taxi are now added to the bill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Seems like they're finally ready to announce their final act tomorrow morning.

Ok Music Fans,The time has come to announce the Final act to the already amazing Line Up.Tune into Beat 102 103 in the morning at 8.30am as we reveal the Final piece of the jigsaw for this years Waterford Music Fest. Im sure Music fans will not be dissappointed as this completes a cross section of Genres for this years Event.. Get Ready . www.waterfordmusicfest.com

Advertisement