Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Should be interesting. I noticed on the sign by the RSC under fiddy's name it's very obvious a name has been painted over. I wonder who that was to be.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Assume one of the previous acts that was rumoured that pulled out last minute. I don't think the printed signs have the act going to be announced on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ziedth wrote: »
    Should be interesting. I noticed on the sign by the RSC under fiddy's name it's very obvious a name has been painted over. I wonder who that was to be.
    I think it was The Wanted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

They deleted the thing about 8:30 and I haven't heard a thing yet.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GaylaBells02

well,,,congrats to them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    They deleted the thing about 8:30 and I haven't heard a thing yet.. :rolleyes:

Was that you writing on their facebook status just now? I was just replying to you to express my lack of surprise at this latest farcical episode but thought I'd check on here first in case of any news.

So far, I've no interest in going. I'm hoping against hope that the final act will be someone worth seeing but given the way things have already been hyped...and then nothing! I have no confidence in them anymore.

gscully wrote: »
    Was that you writing on their facebook status just now? I was just replying to you to express my lack of surprise at this latest farcical episode but thought I'd check on here first in case of any news.

So far, I've no interest in going. I'm hoping against hope that the final act will be someone worth seeing but given the way things have already been hyped...and then nothing! I have no confidence in them anymore.

Yup, that would have been me! Their lack of organisational skills probably shows how badly run the event is going to be..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thought it was being announced on Beat this morning?

Yeah, but they and Beat deleted their statuses hoping that nobody would notice.. major joke!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Yeah, but they and Beat deleted their statuses hoping that nobody would notice.. major joke!

I tuned in at 8:30 and there wasn't even a mention to say the announcement had been postponed. Maybe I just missed it, but their 'professionalism' so far leads me to think not.

...and don't get me started on that toe-rag Calum Best :mad:

• Advertisement

What did they announce before removing it? I heard it advertised on the radio around lunchtime, said to tune into Niall Vinny and Mary for more..

Sully wrote: »
    What did they announce before removing it? I heard it advertised on the radio around lunchtime, said to tune into Niall Vinny and Mary for more..

It was on Facebook (now removed) and mentioned on Beat yesterday, that the final act would be announced at 8:30am today.

An update on Facebook at around 3am says that they're leaving the suspense until tomorrow. I assume that means Friday now. They call it an 'amazing addition to the line-up'. It had better be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I had a couple of posts deleted when myself and a friend offered a better way to run their competitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I assume that means Friday now. They call it an 'amazing addition to the line-up'. It had better be.

wow you are getting really upset about this

I had a couple of posts deleted when myself and a friend offered a better way to run their competitions.

On here?

On here?

Facebook. Saw a few removed myself!

I was thinking, we'd never do anything like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just there on bookface:

"
    Beat 102 103
    Music Fest announcement at 11.30.... confirmed!

"

wow you are getting really upset about this

More to life my friend. Just getting tired of the hype not living up to the...oh I can't think of the word...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

its mc dubh;)
    ah well cant get all the big names like dubh...

but faithless will do a mega festival act ,makes for a good line up should go down a storm......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Faithless sound system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

Are there special guests gonna be at too?..

Are there special guests gonna be at too?..

How ya mean?

I put together a little description and video of each of the acts on the Discover Tramore Events Guide for anybody interested;
    http://discovertramore.ie/waterfordmusicfest

A chap who I know who is a DJ and works for RTE just put up on his facebook who it is. Are you sure it's not been announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

A chap who I know who works for RTE just put up on his facebook who it is. Are you sure it's not been announced?

It has ...Faithless sound system ..............

A chap who I know who is a DJ and works for RTE just put up on his facebook who it is. Are you sure it's not been announced?

It's on their facebook page, so it has been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

More to life my friend. Just getting tired of the hype not living up to the...oh I can't think of the word...

How do u like them apples :)

That's a bit of a coup in fairness to them.

It was a reverse-psychology comment, if I don't wish for it, it'll happen...but you could've saved me that when you replied to my PM a few weeks ago ;)

Like I said on the facebook page...KUDOS!

• Advertisement

Jesus I laughed

Advertisement