Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Will 50 cent still be top billing given how faithless will draw in twice the crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Well I think the lads got lucky there to be honest. Faithless, as they were in their original form, would probably have refused to be under the bill to 50 Cent...but as they are now I think they won't mind too much. And the recognisable faces of Faithless are still there so I don't think people will know the difference.

You have to admit, they've put together a grand day's entertainment. Great for the city...and if it goes well, who knows what they'll bring next year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well I think the lads got lucky there to be honest. Faithless, as they were in their original form, would probably have refused to be under the bill to 50 Cent...but as they are now I think they won't mind too much. And the recognisable faces of Faithless are still there so I don't think people will know the difference.

You have to admit, they've put together a grand day's entertainment. Great for the city...and if it goes well, who knows what they'll bring next year.

Mary Byrne. Fingers crossed.

She's been to the Three Shippes. She can't top that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

gscully wrote: »
    It was a reverse-psychology comment, if I don't wish for it, it'll happen...but you could've saved me that when you replied to my PM a few weeks ago ;)

Like I said on the facebook page...KUDOS!

All good Ger only booked them to get you off my back :)

Roll on the summer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sully wrote: »
    Mary Byrne. Fingers crossed.

I'll say it again: Green Day, Mumford & Sons and J-90 then I'll be a happy man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

All good Ger only booked them to get you off my back :)

Roll on the summer :)

Should be a good one. Hopefully the ticket sales will rocket now. I've bumped the thread in the Music forum. Best of luck with it!

By the way, the hype jibe was about the postponed announcements, not the quality of the acts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Fair play to the organisers. I know I was fairly sceptical, but I'll be happy to munch on my humble pie whilst listening to Faithless.

Waterford will be a fairly good place to be this summer. Thank God we've doubled our disco capacity too to deal with all the visitors.

ziedth wrote: »
    Will 50 cent still be top billing given how faithless will draw in twice the crowd?

50 cent is still on last Full running order will be announced soon . Im not puttin a time on it cause ill miss it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well done on getting this all ironed out. I'm sure it'll be a great day for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

Sully wrote: »
    How ya mean?

I put together a little description and video of each of the acts on the Discover Tramore Events Guide for anybody interested;
    http://discovertramore.ie/waterfordmusicfest
    Like will there be surprise guests (acts) there? i thought I heard someone say there was..

Like will there be surprise guests (acts) there? i thought I heard someone say there was..

What kinda of suprises do u need ?? 12 actsis enough suprise for me to last a kinder egg lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bah! Kinder Eggs are so 90's. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

What kinda of suprises do u need ?? 12 actsis enough suprise for me to last a kinder egg lifetime
    Right so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

since when are Faithless metal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

Best of luck with it, next year you can cater for the over 30,s all seating of course !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Amazing to think that this is on in Waterford to be honest. I hope it is a success... "in the club, bottle full of bud..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I don't think I know who Faithless are.. my youth is showing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

That's a mad lineup, it's all over the place haha. Pop bands with Hip hop and then dance...in fairness you'll get all genres of people there, for the Faithless crowd most of it will be ear aids.

Fair play though, hopefully it should sell out now. Alot of people will pay it just to see the faithless soundsystem.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I don't think I know who Faithless are.. my youth is showing..

Surely you know this one, its years old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrUjvONIrA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

There are no words... I was having the worst day and this has turned it right around :-)

Can't. Wait.

:-D

Boooourns wrote: »
    Surely you know this one, its years old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrUjvONIrA

Oh I know that.. I thought it was called Sandstorm or something :confused:

Haha jasus! The whole song is about not being able to sleep haha, why would it be called sandstorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Sandstorm is a song by darude. Linky

Boooourns wrote: »
    Haha jasus! The whole song is about not being able to sleep haha, why would it be called sandstorm!

Ooh.. Your man talking away in the background wrecks my head, it'd be good without him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Ooh.. Your man talking away in the background wrecks my head, it'd be good without him..

:eek:

You don't like talking in songs? 50 Cent will be wasted on you ;)

gscully wrote: »
    :eek:

You don't like talking in songs? 50 Cent will be wasted on you ;)

He doesn't exactly talk! :P He just mumbles a few words here and there..

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Did you that Dido's brother Rollo (real names) was in Faithless. They are also niece and nephew of Dessie O'Malley.

With names like that I bet they wish Dessie christened them!

Dido? As in singer of White Flag? :P

Who's Dessie O'Malley? :confused:

• Advertisement

Did someone move this thread to the over 60s forum?

Advertisement