Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Dido? As in singer of White Flag? :P

Who's Dessie O'Malley? :confused:

That's her.

Dessie founder member of the PD's. Better known for his Grand National tips - especially the 20/1 winner he gave on the Late Late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Oh right.. That Rollo guy isn't in Faithless anymore according to Wiki anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Dido used to do alot of collaborations with faithless, such as One Step Too Far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Sting's real name is Gordon sumner. He used to be a school teacher

Sting's real name is Gordon sumner. He used to be a school teacher

I heard he got the nickname because he used to wear a black and yellow striped jumper as a kid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think you could be right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Did you that Dido's brother Rollo (real names) was in Faithless.

I believe both of them are Irish passport holders too. I claim them for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I believe both of them are Irish passport holders too. I claim them for Ireland.
    *sticks flag into foot*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The lineup for this has to be the most diverse for a gig of this kind. It'll surely feel very disjointed because of this. Hopefully people will be happy enough to go see the acts they like and the diversity won't be a turn-off.

Anyone else getting pictures of three or four entirely different groups of people coming and going depending on who's on at what time? All the kids for the pop acts. Bit older crowd for Faithless Sound System and then god only knows what for 50 cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

FAITHLESS ARE SUPPOURTING 50 CENT??????????

Still though deffinatly up for seeing Faithless again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

http://www.discovertramore.ie/waterfordmusicfest

Huge LOL at the Shane Ward 'bio'
    Shayne Ward
    Fighting Spiders were hatched in early '08 when members from previous band such as ilya k, Dae kim, and Ashley Sheehan & The Mute decided to collaborate. Conceived originally as a studio experiment, it wasn't long before the band decided to take their results to the stage. Early gigs took place along side the likes of Jape, Robotnik and Oppenheimer. Due to the instant positive feedback it gave the band all the ammo and information they needed to complete the infectious debut.

Nice copy and pasting there:rolleyes:

@Sully

And the bio for "The Original Rudeboys" is
    "She Dies With Beautiful Teeth" - the new EP from Solar Taxi sounds like a band that have landed on their feet. From the catchy opening electro pop of "The Fool" to the soulful acoustic "White Lights" , this diverse EP takes the listener on a journey that's very different to anything that's in Ireland at the moment. Their influences range from Goldfrapp, The Knife to 70's guitar bands such as Led Zeppelin. Lyrically the material takes on some heavier subject matter too, "the process & resolve of grief is something that's running through the EP, even the artwork, our personal experiences the last two years have really made us want to make these songs count"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

christ if faithless are openin for 50cent the world is gone mad
    the world is gone mad

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fighting Spiders are at the Tra Fest gig. We have their bio and video up on that event page on Discover Tramore. I used the same template for Waterford Music Fest but Shanes website was down, and I forgot to go back and replace the text before putting it live. :)

A lot of people seem to think I genuinely got them mixed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

nkay1985 wrote: »
    The lineup for this has to be the most diverse for a gig of this kind. It'll surely feel very disjointed because of this. Hopefully people will be happy enough to go see the acts they like and the diversity won't be a turn-off.

Anyone else getting pictures of three or four entirely different groups of people coming and going depending on who's on at what time? All the kids for the pop acts. Bit older crowd for Faithless Sound System and then god only knows what for 50 cent!

Cheek ;)

You are dead right though I'd say - bought tickets yesterday - but I'd say I will go along hopefully just in time to see faithless and then run off before 50 cent - with hands over ears going "LALALALALALALALA" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It would be comical if the place was bananas for faithless and two thirds clear out when 50 cent comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Ah id stay for 50 for the craic,sure your paying for a ticket anway what harm in seeing a true ganster spit a few deep verses.

theillest wrote: »
    Ah id stay for 50 for the craic,sure your paying for a ticket anway what harm in seeing a true ganster spit a few deep verses.

Yeah maybe... and party like it's my birthday etc etc... cos it will be, after midnight anyways :) I'm assuming he has other "songs" that's the only one I know lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Candyshop and In da club would be the only two songs that I would be aware of.

Hate It Or Love It you could ask 21 Questions about all the songs that P.I.M.P. has released!!! Add in Just a Lil' Bit of Ayo Technology and this fest is gonna be a Disco Inferno!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

While the posters on the RSC fence have yet to be updated, a larger billboard on the corner where PC World is has Faithless as the main support to 50 Cent. Flo Rida third in the order.

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

gscully wrote: »
    While the posters on the RSC fence have yet to be updated, a larger billboard on the corner where PC World is has Faithless as the main support to 50 Cent. Flo Rida third in the order.

Makes sense.
    <Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ian Dempsey has plugged this on his show this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Looks like Georgia Salpa and Calum Best knew absolutely nothing about their supposed appearance at the 'Official Pre Party' tomorrow according to twitter! :rolleyes:
    Harveys have just said it's been rescheduled 'til 1st July.

Lets just hope 50 and Flo Rida have been given the right dates!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

blue-army wrote: »
    Looks like Georgia Salpa and Calum Best knew absolutely nothing about their supposed appearance at the 'Official Pre Party' tomorrow according to twitter! :rolleyes:
    Harveys have just said it's been rescheduled 'til 1st July.

Lets just hope 50 and Flo Rida have been given the right dates!!

Georgia and Calum were booked by Harveys not by Waterford Music Fest. They were aware that they were going to be there but was as much as they were informed , The change was only made today by Harveys and not the Waterford Music Fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Georgia and Calum were booked by Harveys not by Waterford Music Fest. They were aware that they were going to be there but was as much as they were informed , The change was only made today by Harveys and not the Waterford Music Fest.

Lol way to quote the post that was deleted :P

Hey has anybody heard anything about the times that different acts will be on? Or does anybody know what time the music would have to stop at (being near a residential area)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ec18

are faithless still on the bill....drove past there today and it looked like there name and photo had been covered over?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

heard a rumor today this might not be going ahead tickets sales are slow, fingers crossed this is not true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

next wrote: »
    heard a rumor today this might not be going ahead tickets sales are slow, fingers crossed this is not true

I too heard that a couple of weeks ago, hopefully it will go ahead, but youd imagine it would want to be cancelled sooner rather than later if it is tocbe cancelled.
    Personally, I know nobody going to this.

Advertisement