Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Right I might as well let the cat out of the bag. The headline act is...............

Me, playing a few Oasis and Ronan Keating covers on my guitar and a child's xylophone. Jedward will be supporting. :D

Tell you something, a cat in a bag would make a more pleasant noise than that lot, so don't let him out. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deise_yid

i heard its bob miller with support from the bok and the pecker dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,270 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will it be all indie/rock genre of music or will it be the usual teen pop ****e or will it be a mix

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Wont be indie/rock but will be more interesting to the younger crowd, thats for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Is Spraoi on the same weekend?If it is would wonder how the two will impact on each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

One of the units that Spraoi success is measured by is booked hotel rooms. This event, if successful, would surely contribute to that. So, everybody wins.

Personally speaking I wouldn't be a fan of the line up and the tickets are on the steep side but I genuinely hope it kicks ass and we can have many more at this venue in the future. Fair play to Neil and SCC group etc for putting in the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

So whats the line up then? :)

One of the units that Spraoi success is measured by is booked hotel rooms. This event, if successful, would surely contribute to that. So, everybody wins.

Personally speaking I wouldn't be a fan of the line up and the tickets are on the steep side but I genuinely hope it kicks ass and we can have many more at this venue in the future. Fair play to Neil and SCC group etc for putting in the effort.

ture, altho Im not sure the ticket price is that dear for who is plying, that could be me...

Il be at Independince in Cork that week tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

savic04 wrote: »
    Wont be indie/rock but will be more interesting to the younger crowd, thats for sure

O god, its going to be someone like Chipmunk or Agro santos im thinking so ....... SH!TE!!! Saying that I hope it will be good for the city and should it be successful this year then they may look at different genres for the next year?!

O god, its going to be someone like Chipmunk or Agro santos im thinking so ....... SH!TE!!! Saying that I hope it will be good for the city and should it be successful this year then they may look at different genres for the next year?!

yeah thats it, i wouldnt have interest in either of the 2 acts booked so far, but hopeing all goes well for the future gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Its going to be an Rnb Hip Hop fest, not my kinda thing but im sure others will like it

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

So who is playing then?????????????????????:confused::confused:

even hints will do lol:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'll give ya a hint. The names of the acts have already been mentioned in the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Then unless they have a zombie Phil Lynott, I respectfully decline attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Can someone please please PM who it is that is headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

comeraghs wrote: »
    Can someone please please PM who it is that is headlining.

Me too id love to get a idea of who it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Read back threw the thread, the names have being said, cant see these acts pulling 25,000 at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Read back threw the thread, the names have being said, cant see these acts pulling 25,000 at all

I wish that helped me but iv read threw all thread and so many names bein mentioned it could be any if its true its a hip hop act i suppose i can rule out the rock acts :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

50cent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭decies

And who else pmsl at all this carry on.

• Advertisement

I have a feeling its either Justin Beiber, Mily Cyrus, Westlife,JLS, Bruno Mars, The Saturdays, The Jonas Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I heard from a good source it was Jedward :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

why is there secrecy surrounding it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

kryogen wrote: »
    why is there secrecy surrounding it anyway?
    Because I think it's only fair to allow the organisers to announce it officially given that they post on Boards and, from a personal point of view, I want the annoucement to have as much of an impact as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CpanelIreland

Keep Updated on this, It's one for the books..............

http://www.waterfordmusicfest.com
    http://www.facebook.com/waterfordmusicfest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

oh yay 50 cent woo woo:rolleyes:

guess i dont have to keep that date free then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

All the secrecy points towards to someone ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Keep Updated on this, It's one for the books..............

http://www.waterfordmusicfest.com
    http://www.facebook.com/waterfordmusicfest

That website looks very ....em ... powerpointish. The moving text is awful.

If 50 cent is headlining it would be a great act to get but ill believe it when I see it

Meh not into rap music at all. dont get me wrong its a great act for the city but would not be my cup of tea. have to go to dublin 4 times this summer for concerts (Rush, Def Leppard,Journey and Bon jovi) so it would of been nice to go to a concert on home soil but Waterford City must not be a rock city lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Ya rock on jedward cover all them bands

Advertisement