Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Yay! Thanks to big-slick on behalf of the boardsies :) Nice to see us little people are noticed. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Also, sorry for the double post, but you should make it a turn up yourself with ID and collect the tickets, so that people can't win the tickets and try to sell them on. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Wahey!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Fair play Big Slick.

If everyone who has posted is included I make it about 120 people. My only concern with that would be if someone won who isn't regularly on Boards they might not be on between winning and the event taking place. It probably is the fairest way to do it though.

I know I have a few people in mind who I'd like to see win the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

1musicfestbanner.png

THERE are just 4 days to go until 50 Cent, Flo Rida, Faithless and more class acts descend on the Regional Sports Centre to pull off the biggest concert ever witnessed in Waterford City.Ten thousand fans are expected to flock to the venue, which will include a great line-up on the 25m by 35m stage, with bars and a variety of food vendors located on the grounds, making it the perfect place to rock out over the Bank Holiday weekend. 50 Cent, who will be accompanied by 19 members of G-Unit, will headline the event, which starts at 2.30pm, running until 11pm this Saturday, July 30.

Kicking off the action are winners of the 15 minutes of fame competition Murka & Mega M, two local rappers who won their place on the stage. They will be followed by American Venom, The Original Rude Boys, who took to the Main Stage at Oxegen and local band Solar Taxi before Louis Walsh’s new protégés Wonderland give a blast of their music. Smash Hits, who already have a huge following in the city, will have the crowd whipped into a frenzy with their 90s hits before Shayne Ward will woo the ladies with his well known tunes.

Next up are Faithless Sound System, who are performing what is likely to be there last ever Irish performance, so they will definitely be going all out for the Waterford crowd.Flo Rida will hit the stage next and may well sing his huge hit “Low” before paving the way for the main man 50 Cent who is bound to thrill the crowd with hits such as “In Da Club”.The event is part of a five-year plan by organisers Music Events Ireland and Marketing Manager Neill Kelly said, “It will be an amazing set-up and it’s the first time an event of this size and calibre has come to Waterford. We hope to grow it and have a two-day event next year and finally on to an Oxegen style event.”He said the organisers deliberately sought out different genres of music so that there would be something for all to enjoy.

Tickets
    Gates open at 12.30am and anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 23. If you haven’t got your ticket yet there is still time. Seating tickets have sold out but there is still availability for standing tickets and VIP tickets.VIP tickets can be bought by contacting neill@waterfordmusicfest.comThi. and cost €100 each, with ticket including access to the back stage area and bar and also entry to the after party at Harvey’s Nightclub.If you already have a ticket you can upgrade for and extra €50 Per ticket.

Normal standing entry costs €54.80 and tickets can be bought from Rapid Cabs on Parnell Street, Suir Dzign on Patrick’s Street and Kwik Tan, Main Street TramoreThere will be a ticket office at the RSC on the day of the concert for sales and ticket collection.The main entrance is via the RSC entrance opposite Maxol Garage and VIP ticket holders can enter via the entrance opposite PC World. Tickets will also be available on the day .

The car park at the RSC will not be available but parking is facilitated at WIT. Road Closures will be in effect on the day at the Inner Ring Road with local access and access only to businesses on the in the vicinity on the day. There will be a number of ticket points on the day and only those with tickets will be able to get to the grounds of the RSC, any one outside the are will not be able to see the concert.This incredible event is not to be missed, snap up your ticket now and make your way to the RSC on July 30 for one of the best musical offerings ever to hit the Deise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nice one Big Slick fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Allot of the numbers should have gone out by now lads. I'm guessing sometime Thursday evening the winner should be announced here on thread.

I'd like to thank Neill for putting up the fairly impessive prize and I wish him and his team the best of luck on Saturday if I don't get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ya fecker Ziedth, I got the PM and jumped thinking I'd won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    Allot of the numbers should have gone out by now lads. I'm guessing sometime Thursday evening the winner should be announced here on thread.

There has been a delay, it will be announced Friday morning,

no eh, Friday afternoon

... actually Saturday morning...

Only joking :P, fair play for giving the prizes and I hope it will be a great success, this year and next.

Ya fecker Ziedth, I got the PM and jumped thinking I'd won.

Oh your definately not going to win :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Oh your definately not going to win :pac:

If I win I can't wait to see 50 pence and that guy who came all the way from Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ec18

is the vip bar an open bar :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnjoe123

was passing earlier and the stage looks like it's at the far end of the car park, near the roundabout. Surely andbody seated in the old stand won't be able to see this at all from there. i know you cant even see the goal on the left hand side from block e sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭thebrendanr1

any1 have any tickets lookin for 1 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Half the posts on this forum lately are worse than the Da Vinci Code

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

any1 have any tickets lookin for 1 ??

Still plenty tickets available to purchase in various locations around the city

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭thebrendanr1

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Still plenty tickets available to purchase in various locations around the city

thanks aquos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

johnjoe123 wrote: »
    was passing earlier and the stage looks like it's at the far end of the car park, near the roundabout. Surely andbody seated in the old stand won't be able to see this at all from there. i know you cant even see the goal on the left hand side from block e sure!

Was thinking that too when I passed yesterday. It's more facing the roundabout than it is the old stadium. maybe they'll turn it around when it's complete, but looks odd at the moment anyway.

Just a point that I don't think should go unmentioned.

The Foundry are the only venue in the city that are not supporting the Spraoi this year by getting in some of their acts. They're more than happy to cash in on the name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didnt get any pm with a number :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The Foundry are the only venue in the city that are not supporting the Spraoi this year by getting in some of their acts. They're more than happy to cash in on the name though.

that's a point well worth mentioning. Another reason why they won't ever see any of my money (even though as an older person I prefer the TP in Dublin for clubbing).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

old gregg wrote: »
    that's a point well worth mentioning. Another reason why they won't ever see any of my money (even though as an older person I prefer the TP in Dublin for clubbing).

Did you guys get your threads mixed up? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

gscully wrote: »
    Did you guys get your threads mixed up? :D

:D abouttobebanned jumped in the lake and I just jumped in after :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didnt get any pm with a number :(

I have no idea what numbers he picked, so ill ask ziedth to PM you when he is on. Draw wont take place until later today anyway.

Assume he just missed your account, its a big thread! :)

Just sending it now JP Liz k? Sorry my bad.

Edit: if you didn't get a number by now and you have posted in the thread can you please PM and I'll give you a number. This has been a little more rushed then i would have liked as I have real life commitments going on too.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The Foundry is a kip anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just sending it now JP Liz k? Sorry my bad.

Edit: if you didn't get a number by now and you have posted in the thread can you please PM and I'll give you a number. This has been a little more rushed then i would have liked as I have real life commitments going on too.

Cheers.

Merci ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

hurray! we should bring fiddy and the boiz out to woodstown beach for a session

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Was told recently by one of the organisers that I should receive a letter a week or two before the event as I'm living across the road from it with info on traffic etc. Still haven't received anything. The guy also said won't hear a sound, and then on the radio the other night it was said that it will e heard from miles around. So has anyone got info on a road closure or anything like that for the day?

• Advertisement

Oops...thread mix up. Sorry lol

Advertisement