Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Was told from a reliable source that less than 4200 tickets have been sold....

I hope thats wrong, coz if it is right, i cant see the promotors ever doing anything again

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

Dunno if the attachment will work but this is a pic grab from google maps with the location of the stage marked as a red rectangle the stage faces to the left of the picture...(into the carpark)

Anyone know where the seated tickets are going to be?

Edit: Apologies, from looking at the pic again I realise the stage is further right from that location just before the entrance across from PC world

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think that temporary seating is being put in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

savic04 wrote: »
    Was told from a reliable source that less than 4200 tickets have been sold....

I hope thats wrong, coz if it is right, i cant see the promotors ever doing anything again

I've heard the same. Under 5000 tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Surely 5000 wouldn't be that bad? Or would it? That would turnover well over 200k. What kinda money would the acts make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I was reading an article recently on a Ryanair flight that had interviews with all the leading festival promoters around Europe and they all said the same thing. None of them had made money on their first festivals. Vince Power lost a **** load on the Fleadh Mor. It’s when they got them established after a few years is when they started to make money from it.
    I'm not saying it's the the case here but i'd say 5000 tickets they might struggle to cover costs.
    Still two days to go so it might pick up.

What about the likes of booze at the event? Do the promoters run the bar or is it sold like the tallships and the little units that sold food?

I'd imagine even at about 5000 people that a good few quid will be made from food and drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Needed 9000 to break even , but South is right.. these type of festivals are usually long term, but to only get half what you need is a poor showing. But to be honest the line up was poor to attract the kind of crowd needed, especially half way between Oxygen and EP, in terms of weeks....

50Cent had 2 poor shows already in Ireland in the last few years, so writing was on the wall....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Please use adverts.ie for Ticket Sales, Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I'm confused as to how this competition works!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Please note, the following is just a dirty rumour I've heard in the past our from more than one source, but...

Had Fiddy Cent pulled out??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

comeraghs wrote: »
    I'm confused as to how this competition works!?

Everyone who posted between a certain period of time was given a random number by PM. Big Slick will pick at random tomorrow (was hoping today but since some didn't get a number, it was delayed)
    Chochese wrote: »
    Please note, the following is just a dirty rumour I've heard in the past our from more than one source, but...

Had Fiddy Cent pulled out??

Going around ages, always denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"I heard 50 cent cancelled!"

Bullsheet.

"I heard its cancelled!"

Bullsheet.

"I saw cancelled sign driving past!"

Must have been driving past the wrong RSC then, because there are none.

Just shut the feck up until sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

The organisers have just posted on their Facebook page that the signs were vandalised overnight and this is why the rumours have started.

An absolutely disgusting act by those that did this. The mentality of some people to try and ruin the efforts of well meaning people who are trying to do something positive for the city.

Idiots.

The concert is not cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

jimbojazz wrote: »
    The organisers have just posted on their Facebook page that the signs were vandalised overnight and this is why the rumours have started.

An absolutely disgusting act by those that did this. The mentality of some people to try and ruin the efforts of well meaning people who are trying to do something positive for the city.

Idiots.

The concert is not cancelled.

Who da fook would do anything so bloody minded and stupid? :mad:

Dickheads!!!! Hopefully they were noticed early and taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Who da fook would do anything so bloody minded and stupid?

Because theres a lot of people in this county who when they don't like something as an idea, will revel in something going wrong with it and then do anything to ensure more goes wrong.

I call it begru-beingadickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Because theres a lot of people in this county who when they don't like something as an idea, will revel in something going wrong with it and then do anything to ensure more goes wrong.

Spot on, sometimes we are a 'great' county for knocking each other down.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

Does anyone know who has the pouring rights for the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Nah, this goes beyond that. It takes effort to print up cancelled stickers. My guess is that there is a weirdo somewhere who has a grudge against the organisers for whatever reason.

I hope they took down the stuff quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Some people have nothing better to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I think it's just pure jealousy, personal spite against someone.

As for who has the beer rights, I heard it was Heineken, so god help ye! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Genius, it's just been mentioned on Today fm news bulletin that the gig is not cancelled and then they even named who was playing. Superb advertising.

Boooourns wrote: »
    Genius, it's just been mentioned on Today fm news bulletin that the gig is not cancelled and then they even named who was playing. Superb advertising.

Jesus if that was the case they deserve a gold star.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Could have been an inside job then...lol

PR stunt or not, sounds like bloody effort to go around putting three to four stickers on the signs! Still, national publicity through a statement sent out that probably would have been ignored before!

Role on the gig this year and every other year!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

I posted earlier that there were signs up saying it was cancelled. Great news at it was not and by the sounds of it excellent advertising because of then hoax signs.

Let's hope this is a roaring success and f*ck the begrudgers!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Does anyone know who has the pouring rights for the gig?

According to their facebook page, its Heineken and a selection of wine. You can't bring your own drink. Food vendors will be there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

FAIR PLAY to the organisers, i was skeptical when i heard about it and doubted it would happen. CONGRATUALTIONS, hope it is packed out and all goes well. well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

According to their facebook page, its Heineken and a selection of wine. You can't bring your own drink. Food vendors will be there also.

Wine? at a 50 cent, Faithless and Shane Ward concert? That's hilarious.

Advertisement