Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Any news on the winner of the competition

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Any news on the winner of the competition

Waiting on Big Slick to get back in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Wine? at a 50 cent, Faithless and Shane Ward concert? That's hilarious.

Wine goes best with cheese :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

GET YOUR TICKETS (numbers ;P) OUT!!! DRAW TAKING PLACE!!!

Picking three random numbers from the range. If the first person doesn't claim, we will let the second person know, and third if it completely fails. If that fails, I guess we will keep going till it does ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm all tingly.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Has it been done yet? :P

I think we should delay the announcement a bit longer, just for the craic and to go with festival tradition :p

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Has it been done yet? :P

Cancelled:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I won them.

Come on people! Don't pretend you actually expected to be in with a chance here? :p

Winners announced shortly:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The tension is palpable.

Never thought I'd be sweating over Shayne Ward:confused:

ziedth is the slow coach, me and takola are waiting on him to reply with the confirmed winners! :D

Congrats to Miss Snowy.

Due to the time issues i'm afraid if the prize is not claimed by 7PM then it will be passed onto second out of the hat and so on.

Well done again.

Keep your eyes peeled as if it's not claimed by miss snowy then we will have a second draw at 7.

ziedth wrote: »
    Congrats to Miss Snowy.

Due to the time i'm afraid if the prize is not claimed by 7PM then it will be passed onto second out of the hat and so on.

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

No posts in two months...I think we'll be waiting til 7....

Suffice to say that Miss Snowy is a perfect example of who I didn't want to win the prize and why I reckoned it should be for someone who is active on this forum but, alas, what's done is done. Good chance she won't be on to claim them I reckon with her last login being two weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

17 posts? I wouldn't even say she's eligible for a library card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Suffice to say that Miss Snowy is a perfect example of who I didn't want to win the prize and why I reckoned it should be for someone who is active on this forum but, alas, what's done is done. Good chance she won't be on to claim them I reckon with her last login being two weeks ago.

We were hoping it would go to a regular too, but we agreed that anyone who'd posted on the thread was eligible, and we asked a random guy to choose the numbers. We have to be fair at the end of the day.

If there is no reply, it will be going to a user who is more active on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Regarding the fake cancelled stickers placed on the signs overnight, I wonder would it be possible to get CCTV footage from the roundabout by the RSC. I'm sure if they caught the people they could charge them with vandalism or criminal damage or something, just as long as those dopes were named and shamed.

I mean I wouldn't go to this festival if you paid me, but I say fair play to the organisers, they didn't just sit on their hole talking like most people they actually went and did something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hope she comes to claim it, luck of the draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Miss Snowy

nkay1985 wrote: »

Thanks! :) I'm not a regular poster but I am a regular lurker. But appreciate your sentiments all the same!!! With an attitude like that, would you blame new folk for not posting more regular? :rolleyes:
    17 posts? I wouldn't even say she's eligible for a library card.

Oh I do love, and I can even read.... imagine that....! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

prize claimed with 6 minutes to go..i love it
    miss snowy you should have waited til 18:59 just for dramatic effect:D
    enjoy the show

Congrats Miss Snowy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Enjoy it Miss Snowy!!

That was real mission impossible stuff. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

any idea how many tickets are now sold ?

Miss Snowy wrote: »
    Thanks! :) I'm not a regular poster but I am a regular lurker. But appreciate your sentiments all the same!!! With an attitude like that, would you blame new folk for not posting more regular? :rolleyes:

Ah well you logged in in time so fair play. Enjoy it. You can surely understand my sentiments though. There are some young folk on here who money might be tight for and who posted in the thread a lot. I would have liked one of them to win.

Enjoy it though and fair play to big slick again for the prize. Hope it goes brilliantly tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Congratulations Miss Snowy! Hope you enjoy the inaugural Waterford Music Fest!

Maybe afterwards you could post up a little blog of how you got on, what the acts were like, the afterparty etc? Might make a good read for the rest of us.

Fair play to Big Slick. That was a great prize to offer!

• Advertisement

Make sure you attend it Snowy and don't let the tickets go to waste.. :pac:

Advertisement