Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Wow, they're becoming really desperate to increase ticket sales.

Their latest Facebook status:

Big Rumour that WESTLIFE will be in Waterford tommorrow to support Wonderland on stage .

It's awfully strange how the rumour started on their page isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jaysus, it's pretty grim reading alright if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Miss Snowy wrote: »
    Thanks! :) I'm not a regular poster but I am a regular lurker. But appreciate your sentiments all the same!!! With an attitude like that, would you blame new folk for not posting more regular? :rolleyes:

Oh I do love, and I can even read.... imagine that....! ;)

Nice one Snowy :) Enjoy the day :D

Wonderland can relax now that i didnt win :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

next wrote: »

Bad form posting up rumours like that if it comes to nothing.

I personally couldn't care less about Westlife, but if they're blatantly lying to boost ticket sales then they're really going about this the wrong way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Ticket sales are poor, and as said westife are in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ticket sales are poor, and as said westife are in the UK

Yer man Kian is married to one of them so it could be a case of one or two of them making an appearance.

ziedth wrote: »
    Yer man Kian is married to one of them so it could be a case of one or two of them making an appearance.

They've been touring the UK with the past few weeks, and according to his Twitter, he's still in the UK! They have a tour date tomorrow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Suffice to say that Miss Snowy is a perfect example of who I didn't want to win the prize and why I reckoned it should be for someone who is active on this forum but, alas, what's done is done. Good chance she won't be on to claim them I reckon with her last login being two weeks ago.

Are you displaying
    begrudgery
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Noel2k9 wrote: »

Big Rumour that WESTLIFE will be in Waterford tommorrow to support Wonderland on stage .

No offence noel but Cian egan and one other are flying in to see wonderland early and we felt it was a good plug and great for us . I started the post and i was delighted to here these guys are coming to waterford .

Ill be blunt . Waterford showed me today what lengths we go to sabotage our own events and knock it . Today i asked myself why we bother and the answer is because I love this city and will make sure its a success and grow this to be one of the best events in europe please god.

As a Waterford man be proud of your city and stop knocking your own . We dont care if 10 people or 10000 people show up as i can Guarnatee this much we will put on some show .

Neill Kelly

• Advertisement

No offence noel but Cian egan and one other are flying in to see wonderland early and we felt it was a good plug and great for us . I started the post and i was delighted to here these guys are coming to waterford .

Ill be blunt . Waterford showed me today what lengths we go to sabotage our own events and knock it . Today i asked myself why we bother and the answer is because I love this city and will make sure its a success and grow this to be one of the best events in europe please god.

As a Waterford man be proud of your city and stop knocking your own . We dont care if 10 people or 10000 people show up as i can Guarnatee this much we will put on some show .

Neill Kelly

Albeit the fact that they're flying in to see (according to you.) Wonderland play, the status which you posted was incredibly misleading and never underneath the comments did you clarify to people that they weren't actually playing/all arriving.

Sure, try and sell tickets, but don't try and pull the wool over peoples eyes and come up with a false sales strategy. I figured I should point it out to some people that Westlife will in fact not be playing, as to be fair, people deserve to know the truth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 waterford1

Noel2k9 wrote: »

Neill Kelly

I couldn't of said it better myself, people tend to not see the big picture this is not just about a one day concert it is about getting it out there that Waterford is not just about Waterford Crystal it's a city that is undergoing a major revamp with the new Viking triangle added to this our hosting of the tall ships, spraoi, harvest festival and now the music fest it really puts it out there that we can put on a show !! I wish the lads every success and I hope this grows just like spraoi did many years ago when a few lads got together and said let's do this and now look at it recognised all over the world ......... Cmon Waterford !!!!

Also, may I ask why I have to be "proud" of anything that Waterford produces? :confused: Freedom of speech and opinion are one of the things that we all have, and I don't see why people should be forced into the mindset of thinking that just because they're from an area they have to be proud of and fully agree with anything that happens in that area.

Sure, it's benefiting the area, but to be fair now, the real reason it was put on was to earn a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 waterford1

The reason any festival is put on is to earn a profit weather that be directly or indirectly it's commerce at the end of the day just like any other business in town there here to make a profit ! And added to this look at the jobs it has created it may only for be one day but it gives people extra money which in turn will be put back into the local economy !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

Neill Kelly

neil loves his county boy!!

crap line up and i cant wait for billy mccarthy monday morning!

Billy: on the line we have kitty from the city

Kitty from the city: jesus billy, im shocked, there were riding, ****ting and pissing all over the place! im telling ya..... my Thomas saw it all!

Billy: My God....... on the line we have Betty from the county

betty from the county: heeeeeeeehaaawwww billy, Father Condon said in mass last Sunday that this show was going against the bible and god heeeeeeehawwwwww

Billy: we have a lost dog in tramore, small, stubby with black and white patches and answer to the name of Neil............... and now its over to timmy for bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dayshah wrote: »
    Are you displaying
    begrudgery
    ?

NOT THAT WORD!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

So where is this wall or whatever it is to stop the sound getting out?! My house is over looking the stage so that ****e better well be quite as promised. Care to answer Neil...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

So where is this wall or whatever it is to stop the sound getting out?! My house is over looking the stage so that ****e better well be quite as promised. Care to answer Neil...

your in for a long day listening to **** music butty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Read someplace once that with events like these the generally accepted rule is you lose money in year one, break even in year two and make a profit in year three. Here's hoping they get to the profit stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

The taxi driver that brought me to work yesterday actually saw the fella putting up the cancelled stickers at around 5.25am friday morning, he said he has a word with security at the rsc about it but the taxi lad thought it was legitimate and went on his way after saying it to security

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Neill Kelly

Neill, you have to understand that the people knocking you and the festival are in the tiny minority. Most people (whether they are going or not) think what you are doing is brilliant for Waterford.
    I too got frustrated with the lack of communication at the start of the promotion but now that its on, I wish you the best of luck and hopefully it will become an annual event.
    As a fan of live music I applaud the effort, time etc that has gone into the staging of the festival.
    Waterford hasn't had a great concert-going tradition in years but hopefully this will change thanks to the likes of yourself.
    Best of luck today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

dayshah wrote: »
    Are you displaying
    begrudgery
    ?
    AreYouKiddingMeNoText.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Best wishes to all those involved from the organisers to those going along to see it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Looks like it wasn't cancelled anyway lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Andy mac on beat there talking to the original rudeboys..

"they're expecting over 10 thousand people today..how do ya feel?"

Does he know something we don't??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Andy mac on beat there talking to the original rudeboys..

"they're expecting over 10 thousand people today..how do ya feel?"

Does he know something we don't??

5,000 attending and 5,000 begrudging it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Flo Rida isn't attending due to unforeseen circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Pity but I guess they'll just ask Shane Ward or someone for a longer Set. When do gates open and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

Best of luck to everybody involved today hope ye have a blast gutted i cant be there today but will defo make it next year. I heard the work has started all ready for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lot of 15 and 16 year olds boozing on the cork road. Sure we were all that age once. What is it though with ALL of the girls wearing really short shorts. They're rotten!

Advertisement