Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

gscully wrote: »
    Can you post a few pics here? Particularly some of Wonderland :D

Only did Faithless and 50 Cent. Pics are on the website in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

kensutz wrote: »
    Only did Faithless and 50 Cent. Pics are on the website in my sig.

Excellent pics Kensutz

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'll say one thing:

Well done to the organisers. They had a few problems and I'm sure they have learned some lessons for next year. Hopefully a few of my kind of bands (Mumford and sons please :)) and I'll be there with bells on.

Anyone get any kind of an official attendance?

Quite tough to judge how many turned up.

I0000913SCANJmSw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

ziedth wrote: »
    Hopefully a few of my kind of bands (Mumford and sons please :)) and I'll be there with bells on.

If they got Mumford and Sons, I'd make the trip myself. :D

It looks fantastic, though I'll never understand why anyone would want sitting seats at a music festival. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Mumford and ***** ? Does this city have a problem with music taste or is it just the boards ? Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ratedR wrote: »
    Mumford and ***** ? Does this city have a problem with music taste or is it just the boards ? Jaysus

GTFO dissing a critically acclaimed band.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Fair play to all involved, didn't have any intention of going, but I tried to get the evening off work, but couldnt, instead I had to listen to everyone when they came back.

Everyone said it was a fantastic day, fair play to Neill and all involved, a fantastic show by the sounds of things, can't wait to see what he pulls out of the bag for next year, fair play to the man for bringing something of this size to Waterford, hopefully next year event is a multi stage one, more acts, more space, bigger venue, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Heard it was a great event in the end :)
    Congrats to all involved. For a 1st event in a new area especially, you just cant knock it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If she isn't a cat, then you won't have much luck in finding her here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I heard someone say faithless weren't actually there live and their music videos were just being played on a big screen, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I heard someone say faithless weren't actually there live and their music videos were just being played on a big screen, is this true?
    GTFO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

AdMMM wrote: »
    GTFO!

Will i take that as a no?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Faithless were definitely there along with 4-5000 inside and another enterprising 2000 more who stood in the PC World carpark and various othere vantage points!!!!

I had to collect my daughter down there and went down around 10.30 to avoid traffic etc - couldnt believe how many were gathered outside and who had just as good a view as those inside and for free, they could bring their own booze etc - real party atmosphere - only in Waterford eh.

But fair play to the organisers according to my daughter it was a great night inside as well and well organised - except for one or two idiots.

I'm sure if it's on again next year they have the stage turned the other way!!

Ya there was always going to be allot of people standing outside watching and I'm sure that took a bit off ticket sales. Stage faced a different way or a more secure location will make a huge difference too.

Sign no more sold well over three million copies worldwide so I'm guessing the are popular a little bit further out the Waterford.

With Bolton St looking like it's going to be used as a concert venue and Waterford Music Festival coming back next year, it gives promoters plenty of scope to try and entice big acts to come to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

Well done to all involved. Very well organised and everything seemed to run like clockwork. The organisers seemed to be getting a bit of stick over the past few months so I'm glad that yesterday was such a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

after party any good ,heard a local late bar asked 50 would he pop in after the gig said he would for 40k€..
    .id say he didnt..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Fcukin cheek of him. Coolio and his crew had no problem going back to the Granville for a little after party lol

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 25 laura360

No 50 didnt ask for 40k...thats a rumour! Just asked the organiser....lol its made the amount of ****e made up! Great day and night! Cant wait for next year!!

One thing that was class yesterday was the fact that people could walk to this gig....Wateford people for years associate gigs like this with long bus journeys and then even longer walks to get in and out of the gigs. Great to have international acts on our doorstep and long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

One thing that was class yesterday was the fact that people could walk to this gig....Wateford people for years associate gigs like this with long bus journeys and then even longer walks to get in and out of the gigs. Great to have international acts on our doorstep and long may it continue.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Faithless were defo there :P

Really enjoyed shooting this gig, the event surpassed all my expectatoions and credit is due to Neil and the rest of the crew

5991817009_af312d03cf.jpg

5992440992_0420c4b355.jpg

5993152003_7de491f8d4.jpg

5993719044_f0132b6f73.jpg

5993748878_7b86bbe699.jpg

5992503094_e327e5ae8d.jpg

5993666558_6858549d34.jpg

5993699928_c6b365f9cb.jpg

5992392664_5afa737d9a.jpg

Bonus Backstage Pics

5993635282_fb3f201514.jpg

5993757420_812c7a4051.jpg

5993202831_e73e1b5416.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

GTFO!! they a great band!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

WATERFORD MUSIC FEST 2012

FRIDAY

MADNESS
    THE PIXIES
    IAN BROWN
    SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA
    MUMFORD AND SONS
    SWAMP STOMPERS
    WITH DJ TIESTO KEEPING ALL THE SCUMBAGS OUT IN SLIEVERUE OR SOMEWHERE

SATURDAY

RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS
    THE PRODIGY
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    DEADMAU5
    O EMPEROR
    FIGHTING SPIDERS
    WITH DJ RANKIN KEEPING ALL THE SCUMBAGS UP IN THE COMERAGH MOUNTAINS FOR THE DAY

....too optimistic? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

My cousin brought his son to this yesterday. Said he didn't really have high expectations but that it really surprised him. He said it was an absolutely brilliant day so fair play to Neil and everyone else involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I'm curious what fee Faithless got?

I mean, surely he could have popped into Tony Roches and bought a shirt :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement