Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That is the worlds worst website. Jesus.

Anyway...

Mod Note

Please don't spam links to outside businesses that are irrelevant to the topic at hand, I have removed the two links to the web team for the Music Festival in the earlier posts.

Also, feel free to speculate but lets not have dedicated threads with "OMG ITS BOYZONE!" etc. and keep this thread for all discussion, speculation and rambling about the upcoming gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Should it happen, its another positive for Waterford but!!!

Subject to Licence is a pretty big deal really, isn't it?!?!?

Not meaning to put a damper on things but its gonna cause a fair bit of disruption on the cork rd. and especially on the inner ring road.

The RSC has never had 25000 in it before and having major acts, it i presume the back of the stage facing the city end would still require a fairly large no go zone thus affecting businesses in the immediate surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I assume if the concert started at 8 on the Saturday it wouldn't effect allot of the units out that way any would make Some shops such as Superquinn a good few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Surely If this is going ahead the line up would be announced by now, it is creating lots of hype and speculaton but is that just what the organisers are looking for.

Maybe I am just too doubting but an event of this size would need to market who is playing as soon as possible wouldnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"Watch thise space as we prepare to blow your mind"

Jesus christ lads theres hyping something up and theres overdoing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

"Watch thise space as we prepare to blow your mind"

Jesus christ lads theres hyping something up and theres overdoing it.

ha ha it reminds of the Harvey’s facebook for a while, Harvey’s is putting Waterford back on the map:) I wouldn’t be to worried about the licence im sure that would be approved, and its good to see MCD not using their bull boy tactics but there is no way 50 cent will pull 25,000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

Gilbert O Sullivans comeback tour ??

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Is this anything to do with the guy that was looking for a site on the cork road a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Surname looks familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

AdMMM wrote: »
    Surname looks familiar
    Im not sure if thats as helpful as you may have intended without any accompanying information..... Its a very common name....

Oh, and off-topic congrats to Big John's fantastic moustache!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

ha ha it reminds of the Harvey’s facebook for a while, Harvey’s is putting Waterford back on the map:) I wouldn’t be to worried about the licence im sure that would be approved, and its good to see MCD not using their bull boy tactics but there is no way 50 cent will pull 25,000

As much as I would love to see 25,000 people at a music festival in Waterford, please god, NOT 50 cent! They'd need one hell of a support act to get 5,000 people to pay to watch him.
    Heres hoping that the gig will be more professional than the website:P
    Still, fair dues to ye for setting this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

My taughts exactly , unless that name was delibaretly put out their and may not be the main act :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

I know the main 2 acts and they wont attract 25000, that's the capacity but doubt they are expecting that crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Will someone just post who is playing at this thing, if half the people on this thread seem to already know then its hardly a secret.

How much are tickets again? I know the two acts too and (economics hat on) the price effect on demand i.e the crowd I think is going to be massive. For example at €20 a pop I might head down and soak in the atmosphere if the weathers nice but at €30-40 I'll go listen to a band in town and get pissed :)

I genuinely hope it's a runaway success though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

ziedth wrote: »
    How much are tickets again? I know the two acts too and (economics hat on) the price effect on demand i.e the crowd I think is going to be massive. For example at €20 a pop I might head down and soak in the atmosphere if the weathers nice but at €30-40 I'll go listen to a band in town and get pissed :)

I genuinely hope it's a runaway success though.

From what I've heard it's above both these...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

around €60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

longshanks wrote: »
    Will someone just post who is playing at this thing, if half the people on this thread seem to already know then its hardly a secret.

+1. Why the secrecy?

€60 is a serious amount of money unless there is a third act that would be well enough known it's a hard sell.

As naming the acts. I'm led to believe that the announcement Is half the work in terms of PR so I can understand why the lads would like it to be as hush as possible.

That and as ya know posting any unconfirmed rumors is against the charter :)

Would someone who knows please PM me the acts, rumour or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Mitchkoobski, Iv already mentioned who's headlining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CpanelIreland

wobbles wrote: »
    That website looks very ....em ... powerpointish. The moving text is awful.

If 50 cent is headlining it would be a great act to get but ill believe it when I see it

It's Only a Landing page lol don't get to worked up about it :)
    50 Cent would be a great act to get so would usher maybe ? We all have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Lads i can see where ye are coming from vis a vis legality issues but you're seriously damaging your credibility by being a big tease about it all, makes the whole thing seem like a pipe dream/wind up.
    Imo you should have held off announcing anything until you had all the paperwork done. Right now the whole thing smacks of those 'massive gigs' that were totally coming to south all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

the acts playing are already mentioned in this thread

59.50 will be the ticket cost, its not just the acts playing but the costs running an all day event from 4pm to 11pm are huge also.I dont think they will get near 25,000 but im not sure they think they will.

Wont be going myself but im sure it will be great for the city

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

50cent
    comeraghs wrote: »
    Can someone please please PM who it is that is headlining.
    longshanks wrote: »
    Would someone who knows please PM me the acts, rumour or not?

Learn to read.

beegirl wrote: »
    Learn to read.
    Unfortunately for you I was raised with the motto of "Don't believe everything you read." I like to have more than one person tell me something before I'll take it as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Unfortunately for you I was raised with the motto of "Don't believe everything you read." I like to have more than one person tell me something before I'll take it as fact.

I think it's been said several times now!! But anyway no offence intended ;) I actually hope it's not true tbh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

beegirl wrote: »
    Learn to read.

Where did someone say, "This is who is performing"? I also saw other people mentioned too. Should we have considered them to be performing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

According to the front of The Munster Express, its 50 Cent, well they were going by what people were saying on Boards. Ill believe it when i see it.

• Advertisement

STIG83 wrote: »
    According to the front of The Munster Express, its 50 Cent, well they were going by what people were saying on Boards. Ill believe it when i see it.
    Just an idea, for the next week we should throw out as much misinformation as possible while talking here and see whats reported next week in the Munster Express.

Advertisement