Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

ziedth wrote: »
    My thinking on the acts that would be good (sales wise) and reachable are the ones who do that childline concert like Jason Deruilo, David Guetta and Cascada. The kinda acts that wouldn't put anyone off but still draw people in.

Also people who do ok in the Xfactor are always worth a go. They surely wouldn't be too expensive and would look good on a billboard.

I know everyone is saying to keep the acts Irish. While that is great in theory I just don't know how commercial it is. having said that, do get some Irish acts too.

Finally maybe a "celeb" to introduce the acts would look good on a sign too.

Yeh, I think you're right. I was not looking forward to Shane Ward at the gig, however, he was very comfortable on the stage and got the crowd going, so maybe having X factor "stars" is a good way to go.

It was interesting that further up the bill you went, the more comfortable the acts were. I thought The Original Rudeboys and Solar Taxi looked lost on a big stage. Their sound and presence weren't right for a big venue, better suited to indoor venues.
    Smash Hits on the other hand, were built for the big occasion! Faithless were great but 50 cent easily stole the show imo. Still wouldn't buy any of his albums though.
    All in all, a great day out, no problem with food, drink and toilets and the acts (mostly) were great. Kudos to everyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

I think what mick electric said was very true, most popular bands that would be playing ireland would be tied to mcd and so wouldnt play a festival like wmf.
    It might be in their interest to get 'clever' bands, not necessarily whats the most popular at the time, but bands that would youd be like 'ah deadly! didnt expect that!' someone like queens of the stone age, placebo, 2manydjs's?
    they rarely if ever play ireland and would probably generate a lot of interest up the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus a cover band fest? Wouldn't that be the shít.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

So what was the attendance in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any rumours of acts for 2012 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Should be announced soon if they want to do well with ticket sales

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

The facebook has SFA on it, couldn't see it happening at this point

Advertisement