Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Not a hope in high hell of 50 cent! As people have already mentioned he couldn't even sell out smaller venues. It'll be a k******r fest if he is playing though. The money you made from ticket sales would be spent 3 or 4 times again cleaning the place up after the gob****es he would attract.

I really really want to be proven wrong and I honestly hope I will be, but to be honest with all this rumour and conjecture I can surely just see the eventual line up being a disappointment. People have had too long to build it all up in their heads at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Just an idea, for the next week we should throw out as much misinformation as possible while talking here and see whats reported next week in the Munster Express.

That's a terrible idea.

On another note it's Nirvana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lads, I'm pretty good friends with the man behind this and he's told me that it's Spinal Tap.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

My reliable source told me it is Green Day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

in my perfect world it would be a full on metal fest. Then I could bring all the family \m/ :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Joe Dolan alive and kicking for one night only

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

I heard from that its marky mark and the funky bunch with support from the outhere brothers.Boom Boom Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I heard from a friend of someone who knows the guy who isn't anything to do with the gig that Celine Dion will be singing Radiohead songs while sucking on a helium balloon.

I've just got a phone call that it's going to be Paul Mc Cartney covering 50 cent tracks in blackface. Bit controversial but sure it'll get a lot of attention for the gig thats for sure.

I'm just looking in the munster (two plugs for us in a month ain't bad) and the other names being thrown around are more crazy then any of ours: Bruno Mars, The Saturdays and Justin bloody Bieber. There is a line up from hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

2 events like this were announced in Cork in the last 18 months or so.

They never went ahead.

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm just looking in the munster (two plugs for us in a month ain't bad) and the other names being thrown around are more crazy then any of ours: Bruno Mars, The Saturdays and Justin bloody Bieber. There is a line up from hell.

That little twerp!!:mad:

If it was Justin Bieber I could totally see that being a good commercial powerhouse but it'd completely alienate any true music fans out there who would be looking forward to this event just as much as the teeie boppers. If it is a big name though it would definitely be in the pop music vein for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ziedth wrote: »
    Pretty bad that they're considered as big as Bruno Venus or Jake Beebop. Maybe they can make the blaas?

pretty bad that any of those people are considered "big".

Now COOLIO! That was big!!!!!!!!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Anything that could bring music and money into the city is a great idea,fair play to the organizers,regardless of the acts-hopefully it could be a start of gigs and festivals coming to Waterford-

It sounds ambitious but when you are competing against the likes of Oxegen,Electric Picnoid and CastlePalooza,I suppose you have to be,so whether the organizers are going for the younger/family audience for this MusicFest,so be it-Most important things at a day gig/festival is security,friendly atmosphere and of course the music-once they get these right it may bode well for the future...fingers crossed that it will generate interest from within Waterford and beyond,depending on the act I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

When are we going to know :confused: i really hope its a good band or a decent RnB act black eyed peas would be good much better than 50 cent , i dont know anyone who likes him not sure he is so big in ireland :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭derdoh

It says in the Munster its 50cent,so can we assume it is him?

derdoh wrote: »
    It says in the Munster its 50cent,so can we assume it is him?

I very much doubt it but i could be wrong

Why do you doubt that it's 50 cent. Just curious. Do you think he's too big to play Waterford? Or do you think that he'd be a poor choice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Why do you doubt that it's 50 cent. Just curious. Do you think he's too big to play Waterford? Or do you think that he'd be a poor choice?

Too big to play Waterford? He couldn't sell out the Marquee in Cork. Some hope of him selling out the RSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

50 cent playing a concert in the RSC is kind of like 1 of them random dreams that you would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

is anyone interested in seeing 50 cent? I aint anyway. Then again, i aint 16-20years old either so it aint my scene

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Max Powers wrote: »
    is anyone interested in seeing 50 cent? I aint anyway. Then again, i aint 16-20years old either so it aint my scene

Is he a Dollar tribute band?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Max Powers wrote: »

I'm 25 and it's not my scene either. The hip-hop community in Waterford is not exactly bustling either.

If it is 50 cent the event will flop quicker than a boner caught in a mousetrap.
    Nobody is just into him anymore, and sorry to stereotype but the crowd he would attract would ruin the event for everyone else. I dont think there is a decent crowd/music scene in waterford apart from the alternative crowd. I could see a lot of people going for the craic though just to see a big artist regardless of their genre.

Asmodean wrote: »
    If it is 50 cent the event will flop quicker than a boner caught in a mousetrap.
    Nobody is just into him anymore, and sorry to stereotype but the crowd he would attract would ruin the event for everyone else. I dont think there is a decent crowd/music scene in waterford apart from the alternative crowd. I could see a lot of people going for the craic though just to see a big artist regardless of their genre.

if the price was right I'd go down and see anyone just for the craic I think allot will depend on the support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Asmodean wrote: »
    flop quicker than a boner caught in a mousetrap.
    a new expression has just entered my lexicon :p many thanks

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Too big to play Waterford? He couldn't sell out the Marquee in Cork. Some hope of him selling out the RSC.

For the record..I wasn't saying he was too big. I was asking someone else who sounded surprised at the idea of him playing here.

• Advertisement

Yeah i have to admit that when calvin harris ( is that the right guy? ) played the forum a load of my friends went even though they didn't like him at all. It was just about the craic of supporting what was a big gig for waterford. If only we could do this music fest right it could garner a nice bit of attention for what is definitely a gap in the market.
    I know i keep comparing the two but i live in galway and for its size its selection of live gigs is unparalleled, plenty by fairly big names. I could easily see waterford matching and subsequently beating galway hands down if the support and proper planning of live music was rolled in.
    Ten seemed to be on a winner for a while but we all know how that ended. The music scene in waterford needs a good injection of life and variety.

Advertisement