Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

i have to say i have a feeling 50 cent is the name that has been leaked on purpose to throw everybody off!!!.......................and it makes when the act is announced even better! the lads running it are pretty shrewd from what i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,270 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love something like a Sonisphere or a download festival in Waterford. that would bring people to the south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

See that's a thing. Say if Jason Derulo was the act I wouldn't be a fan of that kind of music but I def would go down as I think it's more neutral friendly then say hip hop. Same could be said for any number of acts, assuming 50 cent is the main act I'd be afraid your only going to get people into that kind of music.

Having said that and I'm at the risk of repeating myself I hope they get allot of people and it turns out to be a big deal and yearly event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would love something like a Sonisphere or a download festival in Waterford. that would bring people to the south east.

The RSC is a brilliant spot for this, i'd love to see this takeoff and have more gigs there.
    Pints the the yellow before the concert!!

I'm not a fan but someone like Paulo Nuntini would get a big crowd and the right sort of people as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

wtf are they going to do about parking/transport to the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

niallo76 wrote: »

Where are you travelling from?

Loads of parking around there and it's just a 15min walk from town!

The obvious would be ask WIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

PTH2009 wrote: »

Ha that would be brilliant, imagine heavy metal in Waterford. The Cork road wouldn't know what hit it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Boooourns wrote: »
    Loads of parking around there

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

If its going to be a attracting a crowd of 20.000+ people(or is this gig being vastly overhyped),I dont think that there is much in the way of parking-the only way around this would be a park and ride facility like they have for Oxegen-

are the organizers planning on closing the Cork Road for traffic-!!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

If its going to be a attracting a crowd of 20.000+ people(or is this gig being vastly overhyped),!

The capacity is 20,000 but for who is playing I seriously dont think they will get it and im not sure they expect that crowd

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Where?

If they get the permission they have Woodies, in behind MacDonalds, the RSC itself, Superquinn, that area where Advance up to Waterford hire, the area where Sony is, WIT car park, the Glass car park(might be unusable)
    I'm not saying they'll get permission for all the car parks but they could section off areas for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That wouldn't be enough. I am sure that those shops that you mention will also like to have parking for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They only car parks they'll get are:
    • RSC
    • Maybe Superquinn if they're lucky
    • PC World
    • Buy-Lo
    • Maybe WIT if they let people go around the back.
    Outside of that people will jsut end up lining the sides of the cork road with cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

It's been marketed as a "festival", so they're likely just gonna open up a field for people to park in.

Plus, if someone really wants to see a band, they'll walk from the centre to the RSC. Surely not everyone is that lazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,270 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

there will probly be shuttle buses running from the quay,Hilview, Ardkeen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Is anyone thinking that this is not going to happen or is a big spoof?
    If the promoters cannot name an act at this stage, it could that they don't have an act.
    Any act thats on tour and is big enough to get 25,000 people in Waterford would, (i'd imagine) have all their bookings sorted by now?
    The hype around this festival i believe has peaked, so the longer its left with no acts announced, the more suspect it is.
    From talking to my mates about this, a lot are saying that this concert is a load of bull and that its some bloke chancing his arm, but hasn't got the skills / knowledge to pull this off. Some were mentioning its Chris Dorans manager:eek:
    While I agree that the marketing is a bit peculiar ie trying to sell a new festival without announcing acts, a very poor website - I hope that whoever is doing it knows what they are doing..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

After this much hype, for the organisers sake, it would want to work out and work out well.

• Advertisement

They only car parks they'll get are:
    • RSC
    • Maybe Superquinn if they're lucky
    • PC World
    • Buy-Lo
    • Maybe WIT if they let people go around the back.
    Outside of that people will jsut end up lining the sides of the cork road with cars.

Who drives to a gig though? You go to have a few beers and listen/watch a gig, if you're from Waterford you'll go on foot or the bus. Of course there'll be people who do drive but the roads won't be jammed with cars if the capacity is going to be 25,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Any act thats on tour and is big enough to get 25,000 people in Waterford would, (i'd imagine) have all their bookings sorted by now?
    Oxygen hasnt announced its line up yet either and im sure they are going to have some big names that could pull that kind of crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah but oxygen is a well established powerhouse where the hype is part of the fun. All hype and no solid names for a gig like this just makes it look like poor planning bound to lead to disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Am i missing something here its confirmed yes :confused: so who are the acts playing then , plzzz tell me the 50 cent rumour is not main event :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

all the people wondering about parking have clearly, never, been to a gig in their whole lives.
    who ta **** drives to a gig??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

A lot of buses drive to gigs in fairness and they need somewhere to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

O Riain wrote: »
    all the people wondering about parking have clearly, never, been to a gig in their whole lives.
    who ta **** drives to a gig??????

So you walk to gigs?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

It should be easy to bus people into Waterford, and then a shuttle bus out to the Cork Rd. In fairness it should be in walking distance for the young ravers.

What I'm more concerned about is that there is zero information about who will play. Did someone have a dream with Jim Morrison and an Indian in it?

dayshah wrote: »

What I'm more concerned about is that there is zero information about who will play. Did someone have a dream with Jim Morrison and an Indian in it?

I know what your talking about man but I doubt many more will :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Aerosmith to play then :p \m/

Advertisement